The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 A massage from the chairman

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tgwu



Posts : 12075
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

A massage from the chairman Empty
PostSubject: A massage from the chairman   A massage from the chairman EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 7:50 pm

HI everyone,

I hope that you are looking after yourselves and your families. This disease is only going to be contained if we stay away from as many people as possible, follow the government’s advice and, equally importantly, stay fit, and get a good night’s sleep.

I realise that working from home and staying away from people is not always easy, and that the shutdown of many services causes problems for many families, but it is important to look after yourselves. Please take the time at least to go for a walk in the fresh air.

There are so many uncertainties at the moment, that the future is even more difficult to forecast than usual. We don’t know how the virus will spread, or how long-term the effect on football will be. What I do know is that we are better-placed than most clubs to withstand the loss of revenues that comes from not being able to play our matches.

We have very little debt, and have shareholders who are willing to take whatever steps are necessary to see us through this immediate period to ensure that the club’s finances, while obviously under severe pressure, will enable us to withstand the strain without damage to our staff or suppliers.

That probably means short-term, interest free loans, but, as has happened in the past, those loans could quickly become permanent equity once the extent of any irrecoverable losses becomes known and we have a clearer view of the outlook for football as a whole.

We need all stakeholders to support football. That means not just Argyle’s shareholders being prepared to help the club, but also our sponsors, the media, the EFL, EPL and FA, and, of course, our fans.

Things should become clearer in a month or two, but I am not confident in predicting that we will soon be back playing football. We will use the time that gives us to make sure the club continues to improve its internal systems, under Andrew Parkinson’s leadership, and continues to engage with our supporters and sponsors. If we do that, we will not just survive, but have taken advantage of this terrible situation to emerge on the other side as a stronger organisation, and even better club.

Please take care of yourselves.

Simon

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Posts : 5115
Join date : 2011-05-12

A massage from the chairman Empty
PostSubject: Re: A massage from the chairman   A massage from the chairman EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 9:34 pm

When all this shit is over, and one day soon it will be over, I want to sit in a packed to capacity Home Park and never take anything for granted ever again. This is life changing.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6012
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

A massage from the chairman Empty
PostSubject: Re: A massage from the chairman   A massage from the chairman EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 10:03 pm

Freathy wrote:
When all this shit is over, and one day soon it will be over, I want to sit in a packed to capacity Home Park and never take anything for granted ever again.  This is life changing.

Lol.. It took the end of the world coming to get Freathy back supporting again!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 13133
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 35

A massage from the chairman Empty
PostSubject: Re: A massage from the chairman   A massage from the chairman EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 10:19 pm

Rickler wrote:
Freathy wrote:
When all this shit is over, and one day soon it will be over, I want to sit in a packed to capacity Home Park and never take anything for granted ever again.  This is life changing.

Lol..  It took the end of the world coming to get Freathy back supporting again!

knew we would get there in the end lol.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Posts : 5600
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

A massage from the chairman Empty
PostSubject: Re: A massage from the chairman   A massage from the chairman EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 11:00 pm

He must have a fever !
Freathy is da boss
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



A massage from the chairman Empty
PostSubject: Re: A massage from the chairman   A massage from the chairman EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 7:31 am

Freathy wrote:
When all this shit is over, and one day soon it will be over, I want to sit in a packed to capacity Home Park and never take anything for granted ever again.  This is life changing.

Argyle 0 Macclesfield 4
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6636
Join date : 2017-09-09

A massage from the chairman Empty
PostSubject: Re: A massage from the chairman   A massage from the chairman EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 7:44 am

I do love being patronised. Wtf do we need to hear corona advice from our mobile providers and the likes oh Hallett?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5775
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 29
Location : Behind you Jameson....

A massage from the chairman Empty
PostSubject: Re: A massage from the chairman   A massage from the chairman EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 12:03 pm

At least he's being realistic.....week ago could have been argued that just maybe football could start next month but he knows as does everyone now that this is a huge crisis that aint going away in a few short weeks
If Argyle dip out at least Liverpool will do so also and thats good enough for me
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 5763
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

A massage from the chairman Empty
PostSubject: Re: A massage from the chairman   A massage from the chairman EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 6:25 pm

The club is in good hands under Hallet while this shit is going on, i doubt argo would have survived the Virus and Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6636
Join date : 2017-09-09

A massage from the chairman Empty
PostSubject: Re: A massage from the chairman   A massage from the chairman EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 4:47 am

Jimmy was worse than a virus more of a debilitating long term disease.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



A massage from the chairman Empty
PostSubject: Re: A massage from the chairman   A massage from the chairman EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 9:56 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The club is in good hands under Hallet while this shit is going on, i doubt argo would have survived the Virus and Jimmy.

He would have found a way to monetarise it
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 4065
Join date : 2015-07-08

A massage from the chairman Empty
PostSubject: Re: A massage from the chairman   A massage from the chairman EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 1:21 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The club is in good hands under Hallet while this shit is going on, i doubt argo would have survived the Virus and Jimmy.

He would have found a way to monetarise it
he would have got fatty pig and the dimlow gang bucket rattling again...to save his arse
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 5763
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

A massage from the chairman Empty
PostSubject: Re: A massage from the chairman   A massage from the chairman EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 1:37 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The club is in good hands under Hallet while this shit is going on, i doubt argo would have survived the Virus and Jimmy.

He would have found a way to monetarise it
he would have got fatty pig and the dimlow gang bucket rattling again...to save his arse
With Jimmy gone off counting up how much he made out of saving the club, the Ilogan leg humper is not tolerated by the new regime like he was with the Specmare, so hopefully he will stay at home self leghumpin and monitoring ATD! lol! lol! lol! jocolor
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 4065
Join date : 2015-07-08

A massage from the chairman Empty
PostSubject: Re: A massage from the chairman   A massage from the chairman EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 1:45 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The club is in good hands under Hallet while this shit is going on, i doubt argo would have survived the Virus and Jimmy.

He would have found a way to monetarise it
he would have got fatty pig and the dimlow gang bucket rattling again...to save his arse
With Jimmy gone off counting up how much he made out of saving the club, the Ilogan leg humper is not tolerated by the new regime like he was with the Specmare, so hopefully he will stay at home self leghumpin and monitoring ATD! lol! lol! lol! jocolor
lol! lol! lol! self leghumping & monitoring ATD lol! lol! Geddon suffers 👍
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




A massage from the chairman Empty
PostSubject: Re: A massage from the chairman   A massage from the chairman Empty

Back to top Go down
 
A massage from the chairman
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: