harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
Chemical Ali
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 11:51 am

My brother had to use the phlebotomy at Home Park today. He said the pitch is looking good, goal area must have been turfed. a bit of sand spread on other area of the pitch.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 12:18 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Perhaps hedge fund owners should be included in this discussion?

This is a decent article on SH

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 1:45 pm

Andrew Parkinson thinks season will be completed

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 3:00 pm

[quote="Graiser"]
Punchdrunk wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
shonbo wrote:
Grovey - I respect your ability to voice your opinion on ATD and would not want you to stop. However, any salary cut with a player is (i believe) a breach of contract hence why those fkrs are getting paid, whilst employees are getting furloughed. You breach contract they can demand a transfer.
Harve - Your last post but one did you no favours IMHO opinion. With what's going on i the world maybe now is the time to drawback a bit. Unfortunately we are a 4th tier football club. Not the United Nations.

With love
S

Where have I suggested the players should be made to take a pay cut?

I have suggested that they act in a socially responsible manner and offer to either take a pay cut or volunteer to donate part of their income to those in need at this time.

How many people think it's morally acceptable that people on salaries of thousands of pounds/week continue to pocket all they can while laid off cleaners, hospitality staff etc are on the breadline?

Your gradually changing tact, Premier players yes but L1 and L2 players no, they’re not on thousands of pounds a week.
These players have a career span of 10-15years if they’re lucky, the man in the street circa 40-50 years.

Even at League 1 and 2 they still earn way more then your average working man and as for the sob story that they only have a career 10-15 years before they have to get a proper job well it's the same for many people like ex serviceman typically can only do a maximum of 20-22 years on shit money then have to re role into another career completely for another 20-25 years before they can even think about retiring.

It’s not a sob story, just a fact.

League One £2300 League Two £1100 some earn more and some less but That's the average.

Average Salary UK | 2019. The Office of National Statistics has released its provisional update of the UK Average Salary 2019, showing that the average full-time salary is £36,611 and average part-time salary is £12,495.2 Dec 2019

Of course it’s more but hardly way more than the ordinary working man in the street.

Please don't quote weekly pay versus annual salary to support your argument

Average L2 salary is £55k i.e. 50% more than the UK average. But the whole point is these spoilt pro sportsmen are (as far a I know) still pocketing the full amount while tens if not hundreds of thousands of people are on furlough with a maximum annualised salary of £27,500- half of what these players are still taking! If I was a football club employee (at any level) I know how I'd feel, if a (compared to me) mega rich Club owner laid me off, in effect cutting my pay by 20% while the playing staff were unaffected and getting at least double what I have to live on. At the end of the day, it's disposable income (ie after normal living expenses) that matter, for lots of people that is now zero, while for even a lower league player it's £500/week

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 3:10 pm

A lot of players have bonuses written into their salaries. Bonuses they can’t earn if they aren’t playing. I’m not taking a position but it’s not as black and white as ‘they get loads of money, why can’t they pay for the NHS’ etc
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 3:33 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

Big difference in thinking it will, as opposed to hoping it will.

Social distancing is here to stay for a very long time. If he thinks Argyle are going to be allowed to accommodate a capacity crowd against Exeter at any point thru to the end of 2020, he’s going to be disappointed.

It still amazes me that the majority of clueless thick ignorant Brits think this is all going to blow over in two or three months, and we’ll all be back to Benidorm in August.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 4:00 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Social distancing is here to stay for a very long time. If he thinks Argyle are going to be allowed to accommodate a capacity crowd against Exeter at any point thru to the end of 2020, he’s going to be disappointed.

It still amazes me that the majority of clueless thick ignorant Brits think this is all going to blow over in two or three months, and we’ll all be back to Benidorm in August.

Never mind the crowds there's no way you can play a match and have the players observe social distancing. It ain't happening.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 4:16 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Never mind the crowds there's no way you can play a match and have the players observe social distancing. It ain't happening.

I dont want to deviate away from the football side of things, granted the social distancing measures will more then likely continue well into the summer but there is only so long the UK Government can afford to furlough the majority of the UK working poulation. People will have to go back to work some time in the next few months because any money being paid (80 per cent) and I include myself in that catergory , will invariably I guess be repaid over the next few years added onto our PAYE tax?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 4:25 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Nearly seven hundred people died today,so nobody really gives a fook about football or when it will return, i cant see any football being played in the uk this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 4:28 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I was saying there's no excuse for professional footballers not helping out you were providing them with excuses. Simples.

No I wasn’t, there’s no excuse for any one of us not helping out in some way, why you and others wish to single out L1/L2 footballers and not the all of us is beyond me.
How do you know they aren’t contributing in some way within their own community?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 4:31 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

I dont want to deviate away from the football side of things, granted the social distancing measures will more then likely continue well into the summer but there is only so long the UK Government can afford to furlough the majority of the UK working poulation. People will have to go back to work some time in the next few months because any money being paid (80 per cent) and I include myself in that catergory , will invariably I guess be repaid over the next few years added onto our PAYE tax?

The key to every conceivable outcome, is the number of patients needing hospital treatment. If the British public, en masse, wake up and observe the rules then as the number of hospital admissions goes down, so the laws can be relaxed and people can to a degree get back to work.

If they don’t, and admissions keep spiraling  then you have two options - either you ENFORCE a proper lockdown utilising police and military to keep people at home. Or the NHS completely collapses under the weight of tens of thousands of cases.

My view is this current ‘lockdown’ is nowhere near sufficient at the minute.

The reason China eventually got control is simple. In Wuhan if you were on the street without a very good reason you’d at best get arrested, or at worst, shot.

I’m no communist, but in the current situation and with what’s to come - particularly in London, we need to follow a similar strategy.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 4:35 pm

Walked to Mutley Plain this morning, seems to be more traffic on the road.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 5:41 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

The key to every conceivable outcome, is the number of patients needing hospital treatment. If the British public, en masse, wake up and observe the rules then as the number of hospital admissions goes down, so the laws can be relaxed and people can to a degree get back to work.

If they don’t, and admissions keep spiraling  then you have two options - either you ENFORCE a proper lockdown utilising police and military to keep people at home. Or the NHS completely collapses under the weight of tens of thousands of cases.

My view is this current ‘lockdown’ is nowhere near sufficient at the minute.

The reason China eventually got control is simple. In Wuhan if you were on the street without a very good reason you’d at best get arrested, or at worst, shot.

I’m no communist, but in the current situation and with what’s to come - particularly in London,  we need to follow a similar strategy.

From where I am living people appear to be complying with the rules, I went for a run this morning Compton, Eggbuckland, Pennycross , all very quiet. On the rare occaisions I ran past people the 2 metre rule was automatically applied without voice or gesture which shows people understand it. Low levels of traffic on the roads and the only groups of people I seen were people queing at pahrmacies.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 8:55 pm

No doubt because the sun is out all the complete morons who think government rules only apply to other people will be out in force over this weekend.

Re the season, although there is clearly no chance whatsoever of it being concluded, I still don't think it will be voided. Most likely IMO is the season ends as it is and final positions including promotion and possibly relegation (it's possible there could be promotion but no relegation) are settled by average points per game as some teams have played less than others.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 10:20 pm

I hear that Treliske is now ''only c-virus' patients and A & E has moved to Penzance. How long will this go on for?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 10:49 pm

I hate to tempt fate but so far we aren't that bad. London has copped it so the media portray it as a national epidemic when the reality is that in the south west we have low levels as yet. We've had two weeks of lockdown without a massive spike in cases if everybody does the decent thing hopefully we can keep it that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 10:50 pm

tigertony wrote:
I hear that Treliske is now ''only c-virus' patients and A & E has moved to Penzance. How long will this go on for?

once the field hospital/ nhs nightingale type is built in bristol. that is to serve the south west for corona somehow... even in a time of national crisis england stops at bristol and anything after that is forgotten about.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 10:53 pm

Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:

once the field hospital/ nhs nightingale type is built in bristol. that is to serve the south west for corona somehow... even in a time of national crisis england stops at bristol and anything after that is forgotten about.

The whole of level four at Derriford is/has been turned into an ICU complete with ventilators and all the staff trained. I know a couple of people that work there.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 11:53 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I hate to tempt fate but so far we aren't that bad. London has copped it so the media portray it as a national epidemic when the reality is that in the south west we have low levels as yet. We've had two weeks of lockdown without a massive spike in cases if everybody does the decent thing hopefully we can keep it that way.

There are about 55 confirmed cases with 5 deaths at the last count in Plymouth out of a population of around 258 thousand people. But according to the self proclaimed experts like Harve and Czarcasm people are blatently flouting the rules by doing what the government allows them to do by taking exercise and buying groceries. The streets swarming with non compliants.

Apparently no chance of any football being played in the next 5 years, give your heads a wobble lads.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 5:16 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

There are about 55 confirmed cases with 5 deaths at the last count in Plymouth out of a population of around 258 thousand people. But according to the self proclaimed experts like Harve and Czarcasm people are blatently flouting the rules by doing what the government allows them to do by taking exerecise

Punchy I live on a rat run for both both foot and car traffic. Yes its hugely down this current work week just ended (Thursday Friday last week it was at 50%) but there are loads still clearly milling around not complying that its only pharmacy food and exercise only.
There are I'd say at least 20% acting outside of government guidelines where I am in Mutley and when Bozo comes out of his fridge Monday week to deliver further lockdown into May which we all know is coming there will be a lot more not complying

Fine em big like I said few pages ago £500 on the spot. Now that would have some effect
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 6:29 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

There are about 55 confirmed cases with 5 deaths at the last count in Plymouth out of a population of around 258 thousand people.  

I take the Derriford death numbers for Plymouth (5) do not include the patients who comes in from Cornwall and Devon

Wife waiting to be called in for major bowel surgery, should had a phone call yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 8:20 am

The government need to come out with a proper exit strategy for this and fast. So far the only strategy seems to hinge on the testing, particularly this mythical anti-body test that will supposedly free sections of the population overtime who have immunity. The country cannot lock down until a vaccine is found as that could take as long as 2 years for a novel virus. Locking down for too long will do more long term damage than this virus can do.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 8:29 am

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 11:58 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:

The whole of level four at Derriford is/has been turned into an ICU complete with ventilators and all the staff trained. I know a couple of people that work there.

They are converting more wards to deal with Coronavirus at Derriford this week coming, differing wards will be for how bad the patient has the virus. I know someone who is testing oxygen and gas lines there and he said this phase is starting on Monday.

The Derriford pathology department have also ordered temporary freezers, in case the Derriford mortuary is full (think they can store around 350 bodies).

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:52 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:

They are converting more wards to deal with Coronavirus at Derriford this week coming, differing wards will be for how bad the patient has the virus. I know someone who is testing oxygen and gas lines there and he said this phase is starting on Monday.

The Derriford pathology department have also ordered temporary freezers, in case the Derriford mortuary is full (think they can store around 350 bodies).

The two nurses I know are saying they are worried they will send loads of patients down from London to fill the capacity they are building. It would be horrendous to work in there if full of cases.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus and Football
Page 10 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next