Rickler
Grovehill
Freathy
Tgwu
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

(Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season Empty
PostSubject: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyTue Mar 10, 2020 9:15 pm

AFTER a successful trial in the new Mayflower Grandstand, the ambition to extend our cashless policy at Home Park Stadium will now enter a second trial phase.

The cashless approach provides the Green Army with a faster service, quicker transactions, shorter queuing times and a safer option than carrying cash.

The club has been operating a cashless concourse the upper-tier of the Mayflower Grandstand for a number of weeks now, and feedback on the system has been overwhelmingly positive from members of the Green Army.

As a result, we will now be offering cashless kiosks around the rest of Home Park Stadium - although one kiosk inside each of the Devonport, Lyndhurst and Barn Park stands will still operate with cash facilities between now and the end of the Sky Bet League Two season.

Payment options include chip and pin, contactless, as well as device payment, including Android Pay, and Apple Pay. As well as buying from refreshment kiosks, supporters can also make purchases from official Argyle staff roaming the stadium.

Cashless kiosks will be operating around the Theatre of Greens as standard, with the following exceptions:

Devonport End

Kiosk under Block 1 will have cash facilities available until the end of the season

Lyndhurst Stand

Kiosk under Block 13 will have cash facilities until the end of the season

Barn Park End

The Family Stand and away end will both have cash facilities until the end of the season

Club Argyle

Fully cashless

The move to cashless amenities has stemmed from Green Army feedback sent to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] address, your online hub for sending suggestions and ideas as we strive to continue to improve the match-day experience at the Theatre of Greens.

Last edited by Tgwu on Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyTue Mar 10, 2020 9:42 pm

I thought this was about Argo's finances
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyTue Mar 10, 2020 9:51 pm

Freathy wrote:
I thought this was about Argo's finances

i thought the same when i saw the thread title..

tgwu do you work for the herald?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyTue Mar 10, 2020 10:01 pm

Is this for the fans' benefit or for the club?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyTue Mar 10, 2020 10:21 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Is this for the fans' benefit or for the club?

Tgwu wrote:

The club has been operating a cashless concourse the upper-tier of the Mayflower Grandstand for a number of weeks now, and feedback on the system has been overwhelmingly positive from members of the Green Army.

The move to cashless amenities has stemmed from Green Army feedback sent to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] address,
your online hub for sending suggestions and ideas as we strive to continue to improve the match-day experience at the Theatre of Greens.

I reckon both..?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 7:30 am

Lol this has come from the club ignoring all negative feedback so that Halleytt can implement the system that he wants. I'll bet you a pound to a pinch of Nool shit that the views of the people using the cash kiosks are completely ignored.
This is no different than the "consultations" businesses undertake whilst removing all your bonuses and perks like they did with my missus a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 8:30 am

Sustainably cashless?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 11:28 am

Pain in the arse is what it is
Saturday I ordered quite a big order in the upper mayflower I forgot it was cashless plus tbh I didn’t see sign (they could be bigger tbf) Anyway what a diamond the lady that served me as I said she she paid it on her own card and I gave her the cash she didn’t have to do it but what a lovely lady I couldn’t thank her enough what a star ...as I said it’s a pain in the arse are you actually listening to fans complaints super si
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 3:38 pm

Nothing to do with Argyle but for example the Dartmouth upper ferry (cash only) where you drive on and they then take payment. What could they actually do if you don't have money on your person only card? Impound your car on the ferry?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 4:44 pm

Its quite incredible that you still can't pay by card on the Tamar Bridge. You have to go round to the Bridge office and good luck with getting out from there.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 4:58 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Its quite incredible that you still can't pay by card on the Tamar Bridge. You have to go round to the Bridge office and good luck with getting out from there.

I was on the Torpoint ferry a couple of weeks ago, and the driver next to me only had cards and no cash, so was given a debit note for £3. Agreed it is quite poor.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 5:07 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Lol this has come from the club ignoring all negative feedback so that Halleytt can implement the system that he wants. I'll bet you a pound to a pinch of Nool shit that the views of the people using the cash kiosks are completely ignored.
This is no different than the "consultations" businesses undertake whilst removing all your bonuses and perks like they did with my missus a couple of years ago.

How on earth would you know how much negative feedback the club has received? Let's face it... If everyone else is like you they won't have received any, because all you do is bitch on here!

It's simple... Basic supply and demand. The club want to make money, if there is a demand for cash kiosks they will be kept or reinstated, and if there isn't, they will die.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 3:40 am

How would you know how much negative feedback I've given? Especially as when I tell you you choose to ignore it or disbelieve it? I know people like me ate not the majority but to disregard our views is just plain wrong.
Instead of accepting my view you yet again accuse me of whining. With Brent we had Nool and with Hallett we have you attacking anybody who doesn't agree with 100% of what he says. All for the price of a lunch you cheap slag.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 3:46 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
How would you know how much negative feedback I've given? Especially as when I tell you you choose to ignore it or disbelieve it? I know people like me ate not the majority but to disregard our views is just plain wrong.
Instead of accepting my view you yet again accuse me of whining. With Brent we had Nool and with Hallett we have you attacking anybody who doesn't agree with 100% of what he says. All for the price of a lunch you cheap slag.

Because you yourself said you can't be "fookin' arsed and it's not your job.

As for attacking you..  Like Harve, I'm just attacking the nonsense you sprout.  Complete Bollocks most of it!

...and FYI.  I buy by own lunch.  Another thing you got completely wrong.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 5:47 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Because you yourself said you can't be "fookin' arsed and it's not your job.

As for attacking you..  Like Harve, I'm just attacking the nonsense you sprout.  Complete Bollocks most of it!

...and FYI.  I buy by own lunch.  Another thing you got completely wrong.

Fvck off you repulsive twat. I just knew it wouldn't last with you. That boy had an haircut yet per chance.
You're a fat overblown blaggard who spends every waking hour you have on here waiting to attack any post or person you dislike

Every fvcking time you mention me in the tone you have above you're back to getting a mouthful. Now fvck off wanker

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 9:15 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

I think you're on the right track. Whats happened here is that the club don't want to handle cash and have used negative feedback on queuing to pretend they are doing the supporters a favour. I suppose thats what bugs me the most.

If you were to canvas as to whether you want to ban cash from the ground, most people would want the option of at least of cash payment.

If you were to canvas as to how to improve queues the chances are they wouldn't say that too many people are insisting on paying cash. You'd probably say not enough open kiosks not enough hot food, piss poor queue management. I mean ffs how much would a tensator barrier cost?

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 9:19 am

@Rick let. All because I dissed yer mate.lmfao Oink oink.
@huge glad it's not just me that thinks that in fact it would be obvious to anybody that looks that that is the case. I expect Hallett seriously believes we all share his thoughts on a cashless society or maybe he just doesn't care.
Like I said before there has been no consultation.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 9:58 am

Yer independent small traders, little shops, cafes, cabbies etc obviously prefer to deal in cash as it's convenient/untraceable Cool  whereas the big boys love the card or phone payment thing as it's traceable for their marketing strategy and a lot harder for dodgy staff to trouser a bunce, society will be virtually cashless by 2030 I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 10:53 am

Down at the Stannary brewery in Tavvy they have had about 3 different card machines all of them work most of the time. Sadly until Britain catches up with the 3rd world in terms of mobile signal, 4G and Internet we are far from ready to do it. Let's not forget there is still about a quarter of our population receive their Internet down fifty year old copper cables. It may be Sis dream but when people like me lose our phone and Internet for usually 2 or even three months at a time every year it does seem more than a little far fetched.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season   (Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season Empty

Back to top Go down

(Cashless Kiosks) Argyle are nearly cashless be will be next season
Page 1 of 1