The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Argyle v Colchester FC

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
RegGreen



Posts : 3965
Join date : 2015-07-08

Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 6:24 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
The main problem was never addressed at the start of the season THE DEFENCE that let in 84 goal the previous season simples
I think Lowe took a gamble with the defence even though we got relegated I think he thought there be still good enough for L2 so he could use the budget to get his mates down from oop north instead of sorting the defence out first

Yes and thats not worked either Reg. Mayor touted as a world beater has been frankly a disaster. Telford and Aimson non existant. Macfz started season well but thats all

Crazy thing is I think we'll still get promoted. I fancy autos still but play offs put us in with a great shout
tbh the quality of teams in L2 are not very good which has done us a favour and made us look better than we really are and to add with really been lucky and rode our luck in a lot of games if a lot of teams had been better finishers we would have been bang in trouble no doubt about that harve
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2017-09-09

Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 11:26 am

RegGreen wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
The main problem was never addressed at the start of the season THE DEFENCE that let in 84 goal the previous season simples
I think Lowe took a gamble with the defence even though we got relegated I think he thought there be still good enough for L2 so he could use the budget to get his mates down from oop north instead of sorting the defence out first

Yes and thats not worked either Reg. Mayor touted as a world beater has been frankly a disaster. Telford and Aimson non existant. Macfz started season well but thats all

Crazy thing is I think we'll still get promoted. I fancy autos still but play offs put us in with a great shout
tbh the quality of teams in L2 are not very good which has done us a favour and made us look better than we really are and to add with really been lucky and rode our luck in a lot of games if a lot of teams had been better finishers we would have been bang in trouble no doubt about that harve

I can't argue about the shite defence I've been saying it since the summer, but our other main problem is no depth to the squad which has been compounded by signing more injured players. We have a decent first eleven but you are always going to get sussed out and other teams work out how to beat you. It has been coming with a few lucky wins and close escapes but I now fear teams have a blueprint for beating us and with the threadbare squad leaves Lowe little room to change things around.
I fookin hate league 2.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8780
Join date : 2011-10-23

Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 1:01 pm

It makes me laugh when people label Mayor a disaster. Because he isn’t beating four players and banging one in the top corner every game doesn’t mean he isn’t effecting every game he plays. I saw a stat a couple weeks ago about key passes ( that’s ones that effect a game positively). Top of that list for League2? Danny Mayor.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2017-09-09

Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 1:46 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
It makes me laugh when people label Mayor a disaster. Because he isn’t beating four players and banging one in the top corner every game doesn’t mean he isn’t effecting every game he plays. I saw a stat a couple weeks ago about key passes  ( that’s ones that effect a game positively). Top of that list for League2? Danny Mayor.

I made that point about Mayor on the Lowe weekly talks shite thread, from the admittedly little I've seen of Argyle this season he's been quality, he's getting dissed because no one gets on the end of his crosses. Not his fault.
Back to top Go down
Grace Less



Posts : 63
Join date : 2018-10-25

Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 1:52 pm

RegGreen wrote:
tbh the quality of teams in L2 are not very good which has done us a favour and made us look better than we really are and to add with really been lucky and rode our luck in a lot of games if a lot of teams had been better finishers we would have been bang in trouble no doubt about that harve

   There are a couple of good teams in League Two, but the overall issue has been consistency, particularly amongst those who are currently occupying to top 7 places. I'd rate Colchester and Crewe as the best two teams I've watched this season, but wasn't impressed with Swindon and Exeter certainly fall into the category of 'inconsistent'. Another factor has been the fixture list particularly in what are usually the winter months. Several teams seem to have had a front loaded set of home fixtures and will be contending with a flurry of difficult away fixtures. I still think the top three in the division is a lottery.
Back to top Go down
PlymouthCasual

PlymouthCasual

Posts : 36
Join date : 2020-01-13

Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 3:52 pm

Had this one down as a loss in me coupon. Our style means that we are always going to struggle against pacey strike forces and there is not alot we can do about this with the players we have at our disposal unfortunately. I fully expect us to bounce back tomorrow though and pick up the three points.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5944
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 4:54 pm

According to Noolys twitter he's "retired travelling away until we return to the Championship."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Either that or Wrathall is going to games with his wife and no longer needs his services
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Posts : 5546
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 5:06 pm

He will never see us play away again, we won't make the ccc before 2030
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8780
Join date : 2011-10-23

Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 5:31 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
According to Noolys twitter he's "retired travelling away until we return to the Championship."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Either that or Wrathall is going to games with his wife and no longer needs his services

No Directors Box invite any more means he can go back to watching his beloved Man United now just like the old days.

Geddon Cornish Red.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 5635
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 8:08 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
According to Noolys twitter he's "retired travelling away until we return to the Championship."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Either that or Wrathall is going to games with his wife and no longer needs his services

No Directors Box invite any more means he can go back to watching his beloved Man United now just like the old days.

Geddon Cornish Red.
He's saved argo in 2011, so its only fair he goes back to Old Trafford to save Man Yoo in their hour of need. cheers cheers cheers santa
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 3965
Join date : 2015-07-08

Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 7:48 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
According to Noolys twitter he's "retired travelling away until we return to the Championship."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Either that or Wrathall is going to games with his wife and no longer needs his services
what he really means is AAA Passes have now been revoked lol!
But this is where Nosher is at his most dangerous looking for someone new to nosh off & look to force the illogan leg clamp on someone else ...Beware watch out watch out there’s a illogan leg clamp about :pighug: ... laugh
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Posts : 5038
Join date : 2011-05-12

Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 8:01 am

I don't think Argo will ever get back to the 2nd tier again. We don't have the set up. L1 is now our Championship.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8780
Join date : 2011-10-23

Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 5:23 pm

Freathy wrote:
I don't think Argo will ever get back to the 2nd tier again.  We don't have the set up. L1 is now our Championship.

Your trolling is really boring lately.

Argyle have spent more time historically in the 2nd tier than in any other division - and I think it’s safe to say Argyles historical ‘set up’ has been about as Village as it could possibly be, for fookin decades.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green



Posts : 1487
Join date : 2011-05-29

Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 5:42 pm

We probably will get back to the 2nd tier at some point but I can't see it being after a sustained challenge of building, it'll more of the same, stumbling across the right mix of management and players as we have always done. Any serious ambition has now been killed, the best we can hope for is to be a Rotherham unless a seriously minted fool buys out SH for fun. The club isn't worth £16m+ is it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Argyle v Colchester FC
Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: