Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 4:58 pm

Freathy wrote:
Shouldn't be like this all the time though.  Team is simply not good enough.
Look at the table. scratch
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 5:01 pm

Onwards and upwards thank fook for that, well done bheys.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 5:27 pm

Sawyer out for 3 games
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 5:28 pm

Our next three matches look nightmarish pale

Colchester A
Salford A
Crewe H
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 5:33 pm

Good three points which is the main thing.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 5:41 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Sawyer out for 3 games

Good. A liability still, at times.

Not a fluent performance by any means but a big improvement on Tuesday evening. Great character to see it thru with ten men at the end too. Taylor coming on at the end was a welcome sight to hold things up when balls were knocked up front.

Colchesters bubble has been burst now as well so a good time to go there next week.

Another one chalked off. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 5:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 5:44 pm

Ryan, Sarce and Josh picked up little injuries.

There's no point in risking them. I'd rather lose them for a game than a few by making it wors
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 5:46 pm

Taylor picked up a knock? Feck me but he's as delicate as a fookin flower.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 6:32 pm

Hard fought win today, Newport are a disiplined unit capable of being really good or bad never inbetween. Their 33 was causing us problems aplenty with his pace but thankfully jamile matt didnt have much luck up front for them. We put in a shift struggled to break down Newport despite best efforts its a relief Bakinson struck early. As soon as i saw Taylor coming on i thought we were settling in for the 1-0.

Sawyer red card i didnt see very well from where i am sat looked like a lunge will have to see it on the highlights. Him missing 3 games proves my point about lack of options in defence as Josh Grant has a knock hopefully not serious and he will be back next game otherwise we are screwed as again Aimson is keep the treatment room busy.

saw plenty of newport fans in the block 1 section of the devonport end they didnt cause much trouble thankfully. Flare got let off at halftime feck knows why lol.

overall its a good win we are in the automatic places still with 1-2 games in hand over other teams all is well just got to keep doing the work.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 7:52 pm

I will accept a win is good but the standard today was not very good at all. We were lucky again today.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 9:12 pm

Newport County boss frustrated by 1-0 defeat at Plymouth Argyle

NEWPORT County AFC manager Michael Flynn was frustrated to see his side go down to a 1-0 defeat at Plymouth Argyle but keen to take the positives from an encouraging display.

Former Exiles loan star Tyreeq Bakinson scored the only goal of the game in the fifth minute – from an offside position, according to Flynn.

And County missed a number of chances before and after the hosts were reduced to 10 men when captain Gary Sawyer was shown a straight red card for taking out dangerman Jordan Green five minutes from time.

“It’s very frustrating,” said Flynn. “It’s come down to an offside goal and a host of missed chances and missed opportunities.

“I’ve said it all season, really. We’ve got to be on the move in the box and anticipate things, instead of just waiting for it and hoping it drops in your lap.

“One of the things we try to work on is the anticipation of things and if we’d done that, we would have scored a couple today.

“I can’t fault their effort or the way they played. In the second half, we played them off the park.

“We’ve had far more shots than them, but they’ve got the three points.

“And, give credit where it’s due, they’ve dug in and it’s the sign of a good team that they picked up three points without deserving them.

“But there are so many positives. The football we played today was exceptional and it goes to show that on decent pitches we usually play a lot better.

“There are loads of positives but it’s frustrating that we’ve lost the game.

“It’s never nice to lose a game but, if we are going to lose a game, you want it to be in the right manner and today we did that.

“We believed in ourselves, we stuck to the game plan and it was just a lapse from a corner.”

Flynn was critical of the performance of referee Ollie Yates and his officials in front of a 10,000 crowd at Home Park.

“The goal was slightly offside,” he said. “I’ll also say that I didn’t think theirs was a red card.

“I thought it was a yellow card. I didn’t think he deserved a red card so there were a couple of baffling decisions.

“And at the end he was supposed to add on the 30 seconds for each yellow card but he blew up dead on the four minutes.

“There was an extra minute to play when the ball was in their box so it was one of those games.”

County also lost full-backs Ryan Haynes and Ashley Baker to injury and both are doubtful for Tuesday’s Leasing.com Trophy tie against Leicester City under-21s at Rodney Parade.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 9:48 pm

Tgwu wrote:

“I can’t fault their effort or the way they played. In the second half, we played them off the park.

“And, give credit where it’s due, they’ve dug in and it’s the sign of a good team that they picked up three points without deserving them.

Again at HP the best team lost - something that seems to be the rule not the exception this season. Our league position seems very false.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 4:59 am

Freathy wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Again at HP the best team lost - something that seems to be the rule not the exception this season.  Our league position seems very false.

Its a poor league for sure Frreathy. I think we're marginally better than most which has subsequently put us 3rd. Ryan Lowe wont be under any illusions am sure though knowing a complete new squad would be needed if we obtain league 1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 5:49 am

I didn't go today, for various reasons. However, every year I hear it's a 'poor' league! It may well be, but we can't keep rolling out that excuse year-on-year for our average performances.

Although, on the pitch, we improved hugely with RL at the helm, in reality, (imho) we're still a very average team punching above our weight, and, at times, riding our luck. Combined with a bit of luck, it seems our RL enthused ethos of digging in and showing grit and determination is keeping us we're we are rather than playing good, flowing, exciting football. Frustrating as feck sometimes, well, most times but there you have it. We are were we are.

Am I sounding like Freathy? Laughing

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 7:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 8:30 am

Well there we are the facts behind our league position.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 8:39 am

Really enjoyed the day out but after a dry January a crazy beer fest starting with cans on the train at 10 goes to your head - sat on the lower teir Mayflower and that is brilliant view and decent seats, obviously luck no rain. Had to zip the jacket up in the Great Western at St David's as the place got over run with City fans on way home. Well we march on!!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 9:42 am

Hard fought win against a decent Newport side- I expected them to be quite direct, but they passed the ball around well.

Thought our defence and Palmer had good games, as well as Mayor. Bakinson was good defensively (especially against Jamille Matt) but gave away possession a lot (Mayor seemed to be the only one to retain possession). Cooper provided another assist but I didn't think he played well.

Hardie looked a threat, but we couldn't seem to provide the right pass to him. Jephcott looked quite sluggish first half, with a poor touch, but improved in the second.

Thought the goal was offside, and wasn't sure that Sawyer deserved the red- thought their captain Labadie could have seen red after his antics after the Sawyer challenge.

Apparently a few Newport players started on a ball boy after the game and there's a suggestion that Argyle may investigate.

Also heard rumours that one or two Newport fans were carrying knives?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 11:39 am

Newport is an absolute shithole and you'd probably need a knife on a night out there (I do speak from quite a lot of experience of Newport btw).
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 12:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 2:35 pm

It wouldn’t surprise me if they were tooled up, some of their fans acted like complete cocks after they beat us at Rodney parade earlier in the season so It was little bit better then a normal win by getting one over on them yesterday even if we were second best for large parts of the game.
Back to top Go down
Au revoir James

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 11:34 pm

Having been at both games, two x 1 0 wins for the home sides, we were made very welcome at Newport. In one of the pubs there was a portrait of Tommy Tynan. He was a legend up there. The real fans can enjoy each others company and there were Newport fans in the Devonport end in our darkest days supporting us when we were almost doomed. I would say we were the best at Rodney Parade in the corresponding fixture, but did not find the back of the net that day. Newport were unlucky not to get a goal yesterday. Let's enjoy the league table.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 1:24 am

Some big games that need argyle to perform in coming up, too many games we have coasted and not won.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Newport    Argyle v Newport  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle v Newport
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2