The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fans’ Assembly - Q&A

Go down 
AuthorMessage
John_Lloyd

Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  Empty
PostSubject: Fans’ Assembly - Q&A    Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 4:53 pm

Hello all

The AFT attended the latest Fans’ Assembly meeting before the Mansfield game and asked a number of submitted questions.
A summary of the responses is shown below.
https://www.argylefanstrust.com/2020/01/22/fans-assembly-qa/
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Fans’ Assembly - Q&A    Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 5:14 pm

That's it? That's the AFT's report on what was discussed?

The answer to the legroom question isn't really an answer at all - what are the possibilities being considered?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Fans’ Assembly - Q&A    Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 5:21 pm

Very Happy Glad I didn't bother asking fook all.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Fans’ Assembly - Q&A    Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 6:00 am

Q – What is being done about the reduced legroom in the Upper Mayflower?

A – This is being addressed, all possibilities are being considered.

Joking aside surely the seats were tried in position on a template at the factory and signed off as ok by Back and Co ??
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Fans’ Assembly - Q&A    Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 8:45 am

The only realistic way there would ever have been additional legroom in the top tier....would have been if the place was levelled and a new stand built.

The reason it wasn’t, was because of the added extra cost.

The solid concrete structure that was kept from the original stand means that, short of literally taking every other row of seats out, there’s not much u can do that doesn’t result in massive additional cost.

One rediculous thing u could do possibly is maybe take the second to last row from the back out, creating  a ‘premium legroom row’ (like on a plane) But then of course you drop potential capacity and you’d have to probably hike the price considerably for those seats.

The easiest answer is of course, if you’re tall, sit somewhere in the 16,000 other seats that have more legroom.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Fans’ Assembly - Q&A    Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 6:17 pm

Makes me laugh about people whinging about the legroom, it's like I could have feckin told you that before a brick wasnt laid.

Wasnt excactly sumptious beforehand was it Sherlock.

Taking every other row out wont solve anything because the rake of the stand will remain the same, plus it will lower the capacity further and it would look feckin ridiculous anyway.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Fans’ Assembly - Q&A    Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 7:23 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Makes me laugh about people whinging about the legroom, it's like I could have feckin told you that before a brick wasnt laid.

Wasnt excactly sumptious beforehand was it Sherlock.

Taking every other row out wont solve anything because the rake of the stand will remain the same, plus it will lower the capacity further and it would look feckin ridiculous anyway.

Taking every other row out would solve the problem.  It would give you the whole row as additional leg room.  The capacity isn't really an issue. We currently only use 60% anyway.  It might look "ridiculous" but at least the stand would be usable to anyone who wasn't a midget.

It might not have been "sumptuous" beforehand, but surely nobody at all expected it to be worse?  How tall is Jon Back?  How tall were the members of the working group?  How on earth did this get by everyone until the stand opened?  It was obvious from day one that a "special" seat was needed.

The very first time the seating was shown on GOS I  emailed Steve and asked about him measuring the legroom and comparing to the Lyndy as it was obviously very tight.  It was the first time an email sent to him in twenty years has been ignored.  It seems obvious to me that he knew it was unfit for purpose but he didn't want to be responsible for setting off the cat amongst the pigeons.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Fans’ Assembly - Q&A    Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 5:34 pm

If only we were fully supportive of Jimmy's magic pixie village scheme, we could have had a free ten million pound Grand stand. laugh laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Fans’ Assembly - Q&A    Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 11:01 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
If only we were fully supportive of Jimmy's magic pixie village scheme, we could have had a free ten million pound Grand stand. laugh laugh laugh laugh

That's the reason I've always been generally supportive f the mankover as I realised early on we weren't going to ever get the Eitihad but the Brent mini stand even in the artists impressions looked like sömething youd see at Aldershot and by the time it was delivered would have fell far short of that. Also there would have been a whole city of multi story car parks, Nandoes, KFC and Burger King all competing with the club and making the twat rich at the expense of the club. Brent's stand would literally put the appearance of our ground on a par with City. Whatever you hink of the mankover we've had a very, very lucky escape.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Fans’ Assembly - Q&A    Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 1:02 am

Jimmy had no intention from day one building or delivering F#%K all the reluctant ones plans was to get as rinse as much as he could in a short space of time and piss off....but dear old jim got greedy and couldn’t resist that 10 thousand gate money that was coming through the gate every fortnight on a regular basis and couldn’t believe his luck and propping up his other businesses that were holed up at HP with it whilst preaching austerity but not when it concerned himself though the piece of shit with his pie in sky plans that’s all they were he had no intentions of ever building jack shit
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Fans’ Assembly - Q&A    Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 1:05 pm

I see his ice rink is coming along nicely 🤒
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Fans’ Assembly - Q&A    Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 2:13 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
I see his ice rink is coming along nicely 🤒

Does anyone know what the state of play actually is with regard to this?

Has full planning permission been applied for or granted??

Has Brent still got his hands down the back of his sofa trying to scrape a few quid together?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Fans’ Assembly - Q&A    Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 2:26 pm

The area for the shed is all fenced off
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Fans’ Assembly - Q&A    Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 3:53 pm

Tgwu wrote:
The area for the shed  is all fenced off

Yeah I know. That doesn't really mean anything at all though.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Fans’ Assembly - Q&A    Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 3:23 pm

Put it this way if he ever builds it I will run down union street Stark bollox naked one Saturday night and donate £500 to fattys forum that’s how confident iam the shyster will build it 😂
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Fans’ Assembly - Q&A    Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 3:51 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Put it this way if he ever builds it I will run down union street Stark bollox naked one Saturday night and donate £500 to fattys forum that’s how confident iam the shyster will build it 😂
lol! lol! lol! Yer moneys safe Reg! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fans’ Assembly - Q&A    Fans’ Assembly - Q&A  Empty

Back to top Go down

Fans’ Assembly - Q&A
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: