seadog
VillageGreen
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 1:32 pm

Just had to pick up a prescription from Morrisons. Seriously if you have a scrip to pick up Morry isn't the place it's impossible to social distance in queues like they have. So after queuing for 45 minutes I get asked what prescription? I stand there getting passed by loads of shoppers less than a metre away for twenty more minutes then get told no they don't have it. I then go and sit in van whilst ai phone the surgery. Hang on well ring you back they say but didn't. 45 minutes later I phone them back and they say they have my scrip at their dispensary. I then go and queue there only to get told they don't have it either. Girl from pharmacy then goes to doctors comes back and says they have it in the surgery so I then go in surgery and pick it up. You don't have to be a virologist to know that this kind of behaviour is exactly what's needed to spread the virus. Professionals should know better.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 2:31 pm

I see some covidiots took it upon themselves to torch 5G masts because they believe in the conspiracy theories linking covid-19 with 5G.

LINK

When they get caught, I can see them having a spell inside.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 2:59 pm

Starting to see some slightly soothing noises out of Spain and Italy
World Indicies certainly picked up at open last night and have continued today noticed the Aussies were up around 5% after their good news of yesterday as well. Couple of bad sets of financial news out of the UK but didnt make the FTSE blink earlier at all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 3:31 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I see some covidiots took it upon themselves to torch 5G masts because they believe in the conspiracy theories linking covid-19 with 5G.

LINK

When they get caught, I can see them having a spell inside.

then get let out after a day or two like many others prisoners due to the outbreak.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 5:21 pm

Watching the BBC daily briefing, there are suggestions that we might reach the peak of the virus this week (new cases is growing but at a slower rate, deaths have dropped the last 2 days [although I think this happened last week and there was a big jump last Tuesday]). Questions were asked about the lockdown and it looks like it will continue (after next Monday's review) to keep the peak under control.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 7:37 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Watching the BBC daily briefing, there are suggestions that we might reach the peak of the virus this week (new cases is growing but at a slower rate, deaths have dropped the last 2 days [although I think this happened last week and there was a big jump last Tuesday]). Questions were asked about the lockdown and it looks like it will continue (after next Monday's review) to keep the peak under control.

Generally in Plymouth area where I live anyway people have been screwing the nut, the only exception being today a load of scroats coming up Honicknowle lane on scooters riding pillion. Majority of people are complying which is pleasing to say, if areas like London and Brighton acted like complete bell ends over the weekend then these areas should be punished by stricter lockdowns not blanket punishment for the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 7:42 pm

Brother has been telling me that the house behind him had a party Saturday night. He says there were about 20 Adults and loads of kids!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 7:57 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Brother has been telling me that the house behind him had a party Saturday night. He says there were about 20 Adults and loads of kids!

i hope your brother called the police.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 8:35 pm

He thinks the police turned up but the party went on afterwards.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 8:39 pm

Boris in intensive care ffs.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 9:14 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

You see this is when people exploit the freedom of our green and pleasant land.

If this happens in times like this the law should be given carte blanche to disperse by any means necessary and if that means hickory stick and baton rounds then sobeit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 9:33 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

You see this is when people exploit the freedom of our green and pleasant land.

If this happens in times like this the law should be given carte blanche to disperse by any means necessary and if that means hickory stick and baton rounds then sobeit.

im dreading the bank holiday weekend as its going to be a nightmare with those testing the waters. Im starting to see more and more kids out playing in the fields.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 10:48 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Boris in intensive care ffs.

Shits getting serious.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 9:01 am

Plenty of chatter on the big finance forums that speculate they'll go for a 1 week extension to the lockdown Monday but with heavy emphasis on it being reviewed constantly
Concensus is that going for a straight 3 weeks at outset again will cause further problems with people disobeying in greater numbers
Makes sense to me as well
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:32 am

Chatter on forums of whatever ilk is the last place I'd go for information. As for lockdown it's not something that can be planned we need to follow the number of cases and react to that. I reckon another three weeks minimum just based on the outbreaks in China, Italy and Spain. Any easing will be marginal as well not back to normal.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 11:52 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Chatter on forums of whatever ilk is the last place I'd go for information..

lol thats exactly where the financial pigs in the troughs laying bets across the market get all the information from via exchange on the "chatter"....you think the likes of Cummings dont talk. A lifting of the lockdown would put 300 on the FTSE in less than 60 seconds
Lets wait and see though. Personally whack it on for another three weeks but the inbreds will rebel make no mistake if its in one single hit
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 12:13 pm

Traffic both foot and car is well up today at PT Towers outside
Really noticeable today
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 12:19 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
World Indicies certainly picked up at open last night and have continued today noticed the Aussies were up around 5% after their good news of yesterday as well. Couple of bad sets of financial news out of the UK but didnt make the FTSE blink earlier at all

Just started our 2nd 3 week period of lock down here, the word is that it's likely to be the last and but the Spanish Govt are keeping their options open. There is also the feeling the cases may have peaked, but sensibly, they want to make sure before lifting any restrictions.

Cannot believe that the UK may be going for only another week. Madness to lift restrictions that early. Okay if people can get tested but that currently isn't the case, and this 100,000 tests a day by the end of April just isn't going to happen.

Letting people out too early risks another epidemic in a month's time.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 1:04 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Just started our 2nd 3 week period of lock down here, the word is that it's likely to be the last and but the Spanish Govt are keeping their options open. There is also the feeling the cases may have peaked, but sensibly, they want to make sure before lifting any restrictions.

Cannot believe that the UK may be going for only another week. Madness to lift restrictions that early. Okay if people can get tested but that currently isn't the case, and this 100,000 tests a day by the end of April just isn't going to happen.

Letting people out too early risks another epidemic in a month's time.

I reckon we are about three weeks behind Spain do to me I think we are looking at minimum 6 more weeks. I don't think people could handle that so it will be drip fed but no way will will reopen in a week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 2:27 pm

7000 plus now dead from this virus and we arent even at the peak. We are on course to succeed italy and spain at this rate.....
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 2:56 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 3:11 pm

We ought to be at a big advantage compared to Italy Spain Germany and France, because being a fortnight or so behind them in the cycle of cases, we should be able to look and learn from what they are doing, and then copy what seems to work. From what I’ve seen and heard though from people in these countries, their lockdowns are actually stringently being enforced, unlike home here.

Plymouth and Derriford in particular is holding up well at the minute in comparison to other cities. It is definitely good for our city and region that while our cases are relatively low, we benefited massively from countrywide lockdown. In other cities most notably London, lockdown was a fortnight too late because the horse had already bolted on their infection rate.

If I were a betting man I’d say the South West could have a far bigger problem if/when countrywide lockdown is lifted and we get an influx of infected holidaymakers in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 9:40 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
We ought to be at a big advantage compared to Italy Spain Germany and France, because being a fortnight or so behind them in the cycle of cases, we should be able to look and learn from what they are doing, and then copy what seems to work. From what I’ve seen and heard though from people in these countries, their lockdowns are actually stringently being enforced, unlike home here.

Plymouth and Derriford in particular is holding up well at the minute in comparison to other cities. It is definitely good for our city and region that while our cases are relatively low, we benefited massively from countrywide lockdown. In other cities most notably London, lockdown was a fortnight too late because the horse had already bolted on their infection rate.

If I were a betting man I’d say the South West could have a far bigger problem if/when countrywide lockdown is lifted and we get an influx of infected holidaymakers in the summer.

We have got zero advantage over Italy, Spain and Germany because we decided to ignore scientific advice and what was happening in those countries whilst we listened to business and didn't act. The Italian health minister appeared on the BBC news and said they couldn't believe we were faffing about when we didn't learn by their mistakes and didn't lock down before it got out of hand. We or more importantly London and Midlands are paying for it now. As for lockdown being lifted it will be for workers the will be fookin hell on if tourists are allowed down here this summer and that's coming from someone with a tourist business. Also I'd be amazed if any of us were going to Aisa or even Europe before this time next year.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 9:42 pm

If Boris dies then will Dover Dom crack down longer or relax the grip?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 9:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next