seadog
VillageGreen
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 2:27 pm

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
I have been out for my daily exercise walk. Plenty of people out and about. Plod on Outland Round stopping cars etc.

This feels so strange and unreal but, got to be done !!

The disease has claimed two lives in Plymouth and that is so sad to hear, I fear it will get worse.

Prince Charles has tested positive for the illness, just been reported on LBC.

where i live there are more people out walking than there was before this all kicked off...

I combined my daily exercise walk with going to get an essential, prepayment gas card. Sadly, the post office was closed and I then went back home. I was under the impression Post Offices would be open.

British Gas have switched to PayZone - which has drawn much anger - and now I am screwed as I have used up the emergency gas - which you get charged a fee per day for are using it. I have tried ringing British Gas but, gave up after half an hour of waiting.

Other than that, not been outside.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 3:14 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
I have been out for my daily exercise walk. Plenty of people out and about. Plod on Outland Round stopping cars etc.

The disease has claimed two lives in Plymouth and that is so sad to hear, I fear it will get worse.

where i live there are more people out walking than there was before this all kicked off...

I combined my daily exercise walk with going to get an essential, prepayment gas card. Sadly, the post office was closed and I then went back home. I was under the impression Post Offices would be open.

British Gas have switched to PayZone - which has drawn much anger - and now I am screwed as I have used up the emergency gas - which you get charged a fee per day for are using it. I have tried ringing British Gas but, gave up after half an hour of waiting.

I am your saviour Village lol

Years back I installed pre payments because often had lodgers and you cant always 100% trust the buggers. Come home from a trip and find a cannabis farm isnt ideal.... Like you am with British gas and this morning wandered into MP Post Office and lobbed on £30 which lasts ages
As I'm walking away lady says theres no need now to come post office to top up you can do over telephone. I explain that No I havent got the smart meters only the original style. No problem she says everyone can now ring this number and they do it remotely (somehow)

0333 202 9802

I assume its a dedicated number they've introduced covering the current crisis
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 4:00 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Talking to a nurse from Derriford earlier she has been training for the outbreak and turning a whole floor into an icu. She says they are expecting loads of cases soon. One thing she did say was that A&E is down to about thirty cases a day which goes to show how many people waste the time of the NHS in normal times.

If people aren't leaving their homes and are by and large sticking to social distancing then there will be less accidents

That will have an affect but she made the point that half of cases through the doors shouldn't be there.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 6:43 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

I am your saviour Village lol

Years back I installed pre payments because often had lodgers and you cant always 100% trust the buggers. Come home from a trip and find a cannabis farm isnt ideal.... Like you am with British gas and this morning wandered into MP Post Office and lobbed on £30 which lasts ages
As I'm walking away lady says theres no need now to come post office to top up you can do over telephone. I explain that No I havent got the smart meters only the original style. No problem she says everyone can now ring this number and they do it remotely (somehow)

0333 202 9802

I assume its a dedicated number they've introduced covering the current crisis

Cheers, I will try that tomorrow.

I did have £28 on the meter but, the plumber and gas fitter who was checking appliances where i live discovered a leak at the meter end - British Gas had put a new meter in sometime ago - , so I will mention that too.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 6:50 pm

seadog wrote:
How is a country with the most expensive health care in the world so poorly prepared?

Because they were never in a million years expecting a crisis like this. South Korea on the other hand, learnt lessons from the last epidemic they had a few years ago and the measures they had put in place have come in handy for them.

My original text regarding the medical researchers study into the virus spread was about the UK, changed the text now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 9:51 pm

Temporary mortuary being built in Plymouth at Agaton Fort in Ernesettle
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 10:36 pm

They will be everywhere soon.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:46 am

Meanwhile, where it all began
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 12:51 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

wet markets continue and nothing being done to prevent something like this happening again.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 1:32 pm

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

wet markets continue and nothing being done to prevent something like this happening again.

I watched a youtube video of one of those things the other day, absolutely no need in this day & age, Filthy, filthy bas**rds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 2:10 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

I watched a youtube video of one of those things the other day, absolutely no need in this day & age, Filthy, filthy bas**rds

there isnt. but will the USA, UN, Russia, EU, UK etc stand up to china and demand they end it? no of course not because china has them all by balls as most of their stuff is made there..

Capitalist countries rely on a communist regime to function. funny if it werent true.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 2:19 pm

I would hope the entire world clubs together to ensure China is sent back to the economic dark ages after this is all sorted.
Everyone has become too reliant on cheap substandard sh1t from a regime that cannot be trusted in any shape or form.
As for them being involved in Hinckley Point or the 5G network...total madness
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 2:20 pm

Very astute Angers. I can understand why the Chinese eat absolutely everything it's because in Maos glorious revolution about half the population starved to death do they found ways to make any invertebrate, worm and snail palatable and it's now in their national cuisine. Fair enough if they want to eat a critically endangered Panolin what worse is they don't just kill it like we would a chicken they cage them up for weeks the poor feckers. Virtually every wildlife crime in the world can be laid at the doorstep of china if you include their thirst for tiger penis, bear glands and snake parts. Bunch of cruel bastards. Mind you they don't treat the citizens much better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 6:42 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Very astute Angers. I can understand why the Chinese eat absolutely everything it's because in Maos glorious revolution about half the population starved to death do they found ways to make any invertebrate, worm and snail palatable and it's now in their national cuisine. Fair enough if they want to eat a critically endangered Panolin what worse is they don't just kill it like we would a chicken they cage them up for weeks the poor feckers. Virtually every wildlife crime in the world can be laid at the doorstep of china if you include their thirst for tiger penis, bear glands and snake parts. Bunch of cruel bastards. Mind you they don't treat the citizens much better.

when the death toll reaches an alarming rate in the states i can see Trump pushing for sanctions on china and bringing up their human rights record and food practises but again no country will take china to task as they are too reliant on them for products made by cheap labour and wont make them in their own countries like masks for example.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 8:45 pm

It's a man made virus............
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 9:24 pm

Elias wrote:
It's a man made virus............

Here we go....
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 10:22 pm

Looks like the government cocked up with ventilators instead of going in with the eu
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 10:46 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Hong Kong protest?
when the death toll reaches an alarming rate in the states i can see Trump pushing for sanctions on china and bringing up their human rights record and food practises but again no country will take china to task as they are too reliant on them for products made by cheap labour and wont make them in their own countries like masks for example.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 3:35 am

Tories hit 52% approval in polls - best since Thatcher after the war, Boris on 72% Corbyn -49%
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 6:02 am

PatDunne wrote:
Tories hit 52% approval in polls  - best since Thatcher after the war, Boris on 72% Corbyn -49%

Simply beyond belief. Its been an utter shambles since the day the lying Bozo claimed he had shook hands with hospitalised Covid patients 3 or 4 weeks ago despite the hospital at the time having zero patients with it
Utter shambles and it still is as I type with people still wandering around the streets careless and not giving a shit
All because of that waffling arm waving baboon of a Prime Minister

I wonder how poor Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe feels knowing the idiot has Covid. Perhaps there is a God in her case as it appears she may be completely released now as an act of clemency
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 6:34 am

Sunday Times reporting a lockdown until June is quite possible

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 7:14 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
Tories hit 52% approval in polls  - best since Thatcher after the war, Boris on 72% Corbyn -49%

Simply beyond belief. Its been an utter shambles since the day the lying Bozo claimed he had shook hands with hospitalised Covid patients 3 or 4 weeks ago despite the hospital at the time having zero patients with it
Utter shambles and it still is as I type with people still wandering around the streets careless and not giving a shit
All because of that waffling arm waving baboon of a Prime Minister

I wonder how poor Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe feels knowing the idiot has Covid. Perhaps there is a God in her case as it appears she may be completely released now as an act of clemency

It's easy to buy approval and that's exactly what Bojo has done. If everybody was facing three months with no money (like us self employed) then there would be a complete reversal of those figures. The public are a very fickle self centred bunch in case you hadn't noticed.
One other point I'd like to make is that much as I hink Bojo is a twat it's not his fault people are ignoring the guidelines and have done since the start. It's a much more damning indictment of the selfish British public than him.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 7:31 am

Even Trump is giving way to the money men. The US coved task force suggested that New York should be locked down and Trump mooted the idea yesterday. Now the stock market people and the mayor have warned that this could cause a stock market crash that could take months or years to recover from and Trump has said that lockdown would no longer be necessary. Another classic case of business taking precedence over science and health and the single reason our outbreak got out of control in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 7:47 am

From BBC news on what the papers say, long overdue IMO.

The front page of the Mail on Sunday claims allies of Boris Johnson have "turned on China" over the crisis, arguing Beijing's behaviour during the pandemic will eventually result in a "reckoning" in relations.
Ministers and senior Downing Street officials are said to be "furious" over what the Mail describes as "China's campaign of misinformation, attempts to exploit the situation for economic gain, and atrocious animal rights record".
Writing in the paper, the former Conservative leader, Iain Duncan-Smith, says nations have "lamely kow-towed" to China for too long and once we get clear of the pandemic, "it is imperative that we all rethink that relationship".
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 8:04 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
From BBC news on what the papers say, long overdue IMO.

"Writing in the paper, the former Conservative leader, Iain Duncan-Smith, says nations have "lamely kow-towed" to China for too long and once we get clear of the pandemic, "it is imperative that we all rethink that relationship".

I have little doubt that Trump when this is over will do everything he can to wipe them off the face of the map. He must be fuming and rightly so
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next