seadog
VillageGreen
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 5:44 am

seadog wrote:
Ears, I see the govt are telling all Brits to get home pronto.

Again thanks for the concern and the advice has been heeded by yours truly and most other people. Just got home after an epic 25hr journey most of which seemed like a sci fi film shot by six form students on acid with over active imaginations. One thing that isn't lacking in the travelling community these days is information. Thirty years ago it was phone calls home made after a special trip to a large town with a travel agent and a phone. Now you sip a pineapple juice whilst all the kids bash all the news into fact checking websites via their 4g phones and deliver minute by minute updates of real news as and when it happens like Fiona Bruce with dreadlocks. Like a say a surreal experience. In Sri Lanka it's gone from holiday mode to lockdown mode in about three days, things are ordered but the message is "thanks for the money but can you now please fucj off?"
I hope they get it under control with just short of a hundred cases they have done what uk should have done 3 weeks ago so they stand a chance. What's wierd is the habit of everybody to immediately blame someone else for it. The belief among the general population is that tourists are to blame yet out of 60 the other day three were tourists and the rest were Sri lankans returning from working in Italy and Korea. The gov has also issued an amnesty to people who have come back illegally and there are a load of them. In so hard if not impossible to contain because of the people who act in their own interests.
It's 5.40am I've not slept in about thirty hours, I'm on my third beer, my poo schedule is completely out of kilter, I need a lockdown, two weeks will suit me fine. Night night.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 7:15 am

You got home Ears thats the main thing

Just reading some of the Thai forums this morning on FB and the locals are getting increasingly agitated with the farangs ( white skinned foreigners) blaming them for the Virus.
They're racist at the best of times and when 1000s start dying it will get very very ugly there

1000s stranded but frankly have no sympathy. Even March 1st just after I got home I and others were suggesting people bailed asap. Now the options are closed with virtually every carrier aborted and shut down.

I think BA are quitting on 29th, Eva likewise and the 2nd of the 2 daily Thai flights on 1st April.....with ME carriers shut and EU carriers likewise people are stranded for the duration
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 11:35 am

I have been out for my daily exercise walk. Plenty of people out and about. Plod on Outland Round stopping cars etc.

This feels so strange and unreal but, got to be done !!

The disease has claimed two lives in Plymouth and that is so sad to hear, I fear it will get worse.

Prince Charles has tested positive for the illness, just been reported on LBC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 12:15 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I have been out for my daily exercise walk. Plenty of people out and about. Plod on Outland Round stopping cars etc.

This feels so strange and unreal but, got to be done !!

The disease has claimed two lives in Plymouth and that is so sad to hear, I fear it will get worse.

Prince Charles has tested positive for the illness, just been reported on LBC.

where i live there are more people out walking than there was before this all kicked off...
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 12:57 pm

How many people went for ‘exercise walks’ before this kicked off?

Millions will still be out. Touching door handles, gates etc.

Stay at home ffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 2:19 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
How many people went for ‘exercise walks’ before this kicked off?

Millions will still be out. Touching door handles, gates etc.

Stay at home ffs.

it wouldnt be as a bad if these groups obeyed the rules but when like today im far out of there way on the grass with the dog and these fuckers are taking up a whole road width ways not respecting others around them..
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 2:53 pm

Just walked around the park with the wife....6 or 7 eastern Europeans working on a house near the park....as if there wasn't any restrictions at all.... walking to and from their van....not bothering to give you any space as you walk by or giving you time to move away from them......
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 5:41 pm

zyph wrote:
Just walked around the park with the wife....6 or 7 eastern Europeans working on a house near the park....as if there wasn't any restrictions at all.... walking to and from their van....not bothering to give you any space as you walk by or giving you time to move away from them......

They werent specific enough with regards to construction. I work in that sector and slowly but surely the sites are now shutting one by one including the big boys like Taylor Wimpey, Bovis and Linden Homes, I reckon by end of play Friday all non essential construction would have halted completly once the self employed package is sorted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 6:06 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
zyph wrote:

They werent specific enough with regards to construction. I work in that sector and slowly but surely the sites are now shutting one by one including the big boys like Taylor Wimpey, Bovis and Linden Homes, I reckon by end of play Friday all non essential construction would have halted completly once the self employed package is sorted.

I supply materials. No one has a feckin clue whats going on. I spoke to one contractor today who said they're continuing to do bits and pieces until someone chucks them off site.

Most factories are in the process of closing. Princess Yachts have shut for at least 3 weeks. At some point the economy is going to grind to a complete halt and none of us are prepared in the slightest, self included!

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 6:20 pm

I've come home to self isolate and I've seen about twenty people who have walked out from Tavvy. I see off licence have been added to list of essential shops to stay open. Lmfao. Hope they are fair across the board and let the Brixton dealers man their corners.
We are going to have to get back to work after a few weeks or the whole country will be bankrupt. If I can't get back to work in a month I will have to sign on which I haven't done for forty years. My b and b business is off for as long as the football and the self employed work I get isn't contracted it's very varied and I can't see me getting a penny from the government for any of it. I know that everybody else is suffering just saying how hard it's hitting so quickly.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 8:00 pm

The spare is in Canada how convenient.......

Notice the medical chap didn't answer question on critical beds % filled...........
Crisis
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 11:57 pm

nightingale hospital hopefully will scare the few who think people are overreacting. They are preparing for alot of bodies im even hearing mass grave sites are being ordered to prepare for the intake.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 4:59 pm

Our neighbour gave us some potatoes when we got home (panic bought foreshore) I said I'll pop round and get them and she looked genuinely frightened and said no wait there, next minute a bag of spuds appears over the fence on the end of a broomstick. It's getting wierd.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 5:32 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Our neighbour gave us some potatoes when we got home (panic bought foreshore) I said I'll pop round and get them and she looked genuinely frightened and said no wait there, next minute a bag of spuds appears over the fence on the end of a broomstick.  It's getting wierd.

Don't touch them for 48 hours geek
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 5:37 pm

So the self-employed to get a grant of 80% of last three years declared income. Basketball
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 6:30 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
So the self-employed to get a grant of 80% of last three years declared income. Basketball
Whoop whoop, the only prob is we got to wait till june ffs until we get any dosh, yet they come after you if you owe straight away!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 4:51 am

Czarcasm wrote:

lol you were not the only one having a slight giggle when Sunak said that with a straight face.
Aussies had the same fate

Back on topic people are pushing the boundaries now with this near lockdown. I live on a busy rat run normally. On Tuesday you could hear a pin drop. Wednesday we were back to level of traffic noise when England are playing
Thursday back to around 40% of normal

People walking by left right and centre to boot. We need to increase Police on the spot fines to £500 for those clearly with no reason to be out
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 6:01 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Whoop whoop, the only prob is we got to wait till june ffs until we get any dosh, yet they come after you if you owe straight away!

Zackly Suffs and what's more they think it will ba all over by June and we know it won't be. I love the way that everybody knocks us to fook despite the fact that we have to provide our own sick cover, holidays and pensions yet were the first people they ring when they've got a problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 11:24 am

Just been reported that Boris Johnson has tested positive for the virus
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 12:49 pm

That means most of the cabinet will have it I do hope someone sorts out a deal so that some of their wages will be paid by June, July or August....
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 1:51 pm

I don't get Trump and his plans to get America back to work again in weeks. The crisis over there is totally out of control, with state after state declaring major issues.

Trump has salvaged some pride after slating the Chinese for this pandemic, now saying both countries are working together after a telephone conversation with the Chinese leader.

I read a report released this week by a group of medical researchers suggesting that the virus has been in the UK since January - early to mid - , infecting 60% of the nation in the process. Other medical scientists though, are airing caution of the theory

Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 1:56 pm

How is a country with the most expensive health care in the world so poorly prepared?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 2:03 pm

Talking to a nurse from Derriford earlier she has been training for the outbreak and turning a whole floor into an icu. She says they are expecting loads of cases soon. One thing she did say was that A&E is down to about thirty cases a day which goes to show how many people waste the time of the NHS in normal times.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 2:17 pm

Our local hospital has closed a number of wards ready for cases.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 2:23 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Talking to a nurse from Derriford earlier she has been training for the outbreak and turning a whole floor into an icu. She says they are expecting loads of cases soon. One thing she did say was that A&E is down to about thirty cases a day which goes to show how many people waste the time of the NHS in normal times.

If people aren't leaving their homes and are by and large sticking to social distancing then there will be less accidents
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next