The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Cashless Plan

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 5635
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 9:47 pm

What a load of bollox Si, this member of the community likes cash.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5868
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 10:09 pm

Simple.  Have a cash line for those that want to use it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2017-09-09

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 9:49 am

Rickler wrote:
Simple.  Have a cash line for those that want to use it.

That would be a very simple solution but not one that fits in with a cashless stadium.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2017-09-09

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 9:52 am

Bob Crow wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
HOME Park will take another step toward becoming a cashless stadium when Mansfield Town visit in Sky Bet League Two this weekend.

In order to improve the customer experience in our brand-new (refurnished)Mayflower Grandstand, we are trialling cashless payments at the food and beverage kiosks located in the upper tier of the Mayflower Grandstand. Payment options include chip and pin, contactless, as well as device payment using Android Pay, Apple Pay, etc.

The food and beverage outlets outside the Mayflower stand, in the fan zone area, will continue to accept cash, as well as the rest of the stadium, although it is the club’s intention, all being well, to move all amenities inside Home Park to a cashless system.

The move to cashless amenities has stemmed from Green Army feedback sent to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] address, your online hub for sending suggestions and ideas as we strive to continue to improve the match-day experience at the Theatre of Greens.

PS I put the refurnished in sunny

The bit in bold is just of load of management speak for, "we really care about our customers as long as we all think along the same lines, if you beg to differ with our much better reasoning then you can go fook yourself with a splintery broom handle." Hallett has probably never had to live on the bread line, I have and many, many Argyle fans do now. When my kids were small' new mortgage, exhorbitant mortgage rates I only went to the football if I could earn some money on top of or besides my actual wages. It's a habit I keep now I will never take a hundred/two hundred quid out of the bank and piss it up it just goes against everything I've practiced. I'm still the same today and believe it or not so are a lot of other people. This week I've been nearly three hundred quid for some firewood and a little bit of fencing which will go straight into my going out and eating and drinking budget. Why the fook would I want to pay it in the bank just so Si can save about a tenth of a penny on bank charges.
The main worry I have over Hallett is that he thinks we are either fine upstanding grandstanders who deserve filter coffee for fifty pence with free refills or we are yobs who deserve to be treated like cattle and be milked for every penny possible whilst we queue in tue rain hoping we can get to the front of the food and drink queue to pay £3.75 for a cardboard cup of Nescafé paid for by a contact less card. He hasn't got a clue about the average fan and more worryingly he won't listen to our real concerns then has the cheek to say that WE want a cashless stadium, I get most people use cards but a lot of us don't. Wise up Si you utter twat.


...and there's me thinking 'cashless' was being done to speed up the queues everybody is always rightfully complaining about?

Absolute bullshit. When you used to have POTD I could rock up to HP at quarter to three pay and get to my seat before kick off. What pisses me off more is Si stating that its what we want. I clearly remarked that ninety percent wouldn't give a fook but the ten per cent will vote with their feet. Flatters nails the real reason which is data harvesting. Si and Argyle can whistle for my money I refuse to dance to his tune.
As an aside has anyone been in a pub when a horde of students have turned up and all bought their drinks individually with their cards? Quick is what it isn't.

You frequent student bars?

Feck me but you're thick. No I don't but I've been in pubs when hordes of students have turned up and caused a jam at the bar. The Rising Sun can be bad for it when the pimply bastards used their rail cards to get there and all buy their drinks individually with their cards.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 10:48 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
HOME Park will take another step toward becoming a cashless stadium when Mansfield Town visit in Sky Bet League Two this weekend.

In order to improve the customer experience in our brand-new (refurnished)Mayflower Grandstand, we are trialling cashless payments at the food and beverage kiosks located in the upper tier of the Mayflower Grandstand. Payment options include chip and pin, contactless, as well as device payment using Android Pay, Apple Pay, etc.

The food and beverage outlets outside the Mayflower stand, in the fan zone area, will continue to accept cash, as well as the rest of the stadium, although it is the club’s intention, all being well, to move all amenities inside Home Park to a cashless system.

The move to cashless amenities has stemmed from Green Army feedback sent to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] address, your online hub for sending suggestions and ideas as we strive to continue to improve the match-day experience at the Theatre of Greens.

PS I put the refurnished in sunny

The bit in bold is just of load of management speak for, "we really care about our customers as long as we all think along the same lines, if you beg to differ with our much better reasoning then you can go fook yourself with a splintery broom handle." Hallett has probably never had to live on the bread line, I have and many, many Argyle fans do now. When my kids were small' new mortgage, exhorbitant mortgage rates I only went to the football if I could earn some money on top of or besides my actual wages. It's a habit I keep now I will never take a hundred/two hundred quid out of the bank and piss it up it just goes against everything I've practiced. I'm still the same today and believe it or not so are a lot of other people. This week I've been nearly three hundred quid for some firewood and a little bit of fencing which will go straight into my going out and eating and drinking budget. Why the fook would I want to pay it in the bank just so Si can save about a tenth of a penny on bank charges.
The main worry I have over Hallett is that he thinks we are either fine upstanding grandstanders who deserve filter coffee for fifty pence with free refills or we are yobs who deserve to be treated like cattle and be milked for every penny possible whilst we queue in tue rain hoping we can get to the front of the food and drink queue to pay £3.75 for a cardboard cup of Nescafé paid for by a contact less card. He hasn't got a clue about the average fan and more worryingly he won't listen to our real concerns then has the cheek to say that WE want a cashless stadium, I get most people use cards but a lot of us don't. Wise up Si you utter twat.


...and there's me thinking 'cashless' was being done to speed up the queues everybody is always rightfully complaining about?

Absolute bullshit. When you used to have POTD I could rock up to HP at quarter to three pay and get to my seat before kick off. What pisses me off more is Si stating that its what we want. I clearly remarked that ninety percent wouldn't give a fook but the ten per cent will vote with their feet. Flatters nails the real reason which is data harvesting. Si and Argyle can whistle for my money I refuse to dance to his tune.
As an aside has anyone been in a pub when a horde of students have turned up and all bought their drinks individually with their cards? Quick is what it isn't.

Some of the older supporters may not want to use contact less or e-ticketing. Why are we taking away that right from them? Why is it assumed that is what "we" want?

And like Ears and FTB say, when you make a payment on card you are simply helping to build a digital picture of yourself. It will get to the point where you will have to justify off radar cash usage if it hasn't already.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Bob Crow

Posts : 1258
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : The Pioneers suite.

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 10:56 am

Said this before that an outlet that accepts cash only (such was the case at Bolton and Carlisle) will lose more sales opposed to an outlet that is Cashless.
A lot of bus companies outside of major cities are in transition to go cashless and a way they do this to encourage Cashless payments is to charge a nominal surcharge on cash sales to reflect the extra costs involved in handling cash.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Posts : 1719
Join date : 2016-02-18

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 1:22 pm

Like it or lump it cash payments are dying out, in a few years time we will live in a cashless society. Club has to evolve as with the rest of the modern world.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2017-09-09

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 2:06 pm

So in this new cashless society there will be no more charity collection boxes, no more buying eggs, milk and veg straight from the farm gate and if you want to give the paper boy a tip at Christmas hell have to carry a card machine. Great news if you have shares in a supermarket but such a shame for those of us that try and buy local and keep the food miles down. I'm beginning to give up on trying to make a change and do the decent thing climate wise because nobody else really gives a fook.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Bob Crow

Posts : 1258
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : The Pioneers suite.

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 2:19 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
So in this new cashless society there will be no more charity collection boxes, no more buying eggs, milk and veg straight from the farm gate and if you want to give the paper boy a tip at Christmas hell have to carry a card machine. Great news if you have shares in a supermarket but such a shame for those of us that try and buy local and keep the food miles down. I'm beginning to give up on trying to make a change and do the decent thing climate wise because nobody else really gives a fook.

More and more shops card machines now have an option to round up your transaction to the nearest pound for the designated charity.
Places you'd think would always have been cash only like fair rides and ice cream Van's now take cards.
Just like cash, I think newspapers and magazines will be the next thing that die out, just like printed matchday programmes are.
A lot of things printed are now starting to die out like bus and train tickets for example. Can't remember the last time I had and old fashioned orange card type train ticket it was that long ago.

My missus sold a load of baby bits on Facebook last year to about 4 different buyers and 3 out of those 4 buyers asked to pay by bank transfer (which is done by just giving the sender your mobile number and name)

Total recall film called it like this as Cashless in the future like paying for Jonnycabs in credits deducted from your account.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Posts : 1719
Join date : 2016-02-18

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 2:31 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
So in this new cashless society there will be no more charity collection boxes, no more buying eggs, milk and veg straight from the farm gate and if you want to give the paper boy a tip at Christmas hell have to carry a card machine. Great news if you have shares in a supermarket but such a shame for those of us that try and buy local and keep the food miles down. I'm beginning to give up on trying to make a change and do the decent thing climate wise because nobody else really gives a fook.

Dont shoot the messenger mate, didnt say I agreed with it any more then you don't. But cant help the way the wind is blowing.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6158
Join date : 2014-03-30

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 2:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 2:44 pm

If you snooze, you lose! Even BI sellers are getting in on the act, FFS!  Laughing

Cashless Plan - Page 2 0_big-10
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 3:57 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
Said this before that an outlet that accepts cash only (such was the case at Bolton and Carlisle) will lose more sales opposed to an outlet that is Cashless.
A lot of bus companies outside of major cities  are in transition to go cashless and a way they do this to encourage Cashless payments is to charge a nominal surcharge on cash sales to reflect the extra costs involved in handling cash.

bit of a piss take when companies either have a minimum card transaction or charge you an admin fee to handle card payments.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2017-09-09

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 4:40 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
So in this new cashless society there will be no more charity collection boxes, no more buying eggs, milk and veg straight from the farm gate and if you want to give the paper boy a tip at Christmas hell have to carry a card machine. Great news if you have shares in a supermarket but such a shame for those of us that try and buy local and keep the food miles down. I'm beginning to give up on trying to make a change and do the decent thing climate wise because nobody else really gives a fook.

Dont shoot the messenger mate, didnt say I agreed with it any more then you don't. But cant help the way the wind is blowing.

Aimed at the world in general Punch I know you're one of the good guys.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8780
Join date : 2011-10-23

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 4:55 pm

For a change it’s actually quite refreshing that instead of being the backward ‘same old Argyle’ we all know and love, the club are looking at doing something mildly forward thinking.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 5635
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 5:16 pm

Before the club happy claps into the cashless future, it would do well to remember a lot of the support is old fookin dinasaurs like me who just wont go if they make it anymore complicated than it already is.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2017-09-09

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 5:43 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Before the club happy claps into the cashless future, it would do well to remember a lot of the support is old fookin dinasaurs like me who just wont go if they make it anymore complicated than it already is.

Not sure they care about us Suffs, Ian-I've never eaten a prawn sandwich in my life and I never will-Nool saw which way the wind was blowing a long time ago. He's probably already tweeted a pic of his empty wallett to his Internet buddy Si. That is an actual quote from Nool as well, I was taking the piss out of him when he first started the leg shagging and he was aghast that anyone could insinuate he'd go anywhere near the grandstand.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 5635
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 6:11 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Before the club happy claps into the cashless future, it would do well to remember a lot of the support is old fookin dinasaurs like me who just wont go if they make it anymore complicated than it already is.

Not sure they care about us Suffs, Ian-I've never eaten a prawn sandwich in my life and I never will-Nool  saw which way the wind was blowing a long time ago. He's probably already tweeted a pic of his empty wallett to his Internet buddy Si. That is an actual quote from Nool as well, I was taking the piss out of him when he first started the leg shagging and he was aghast that anyone could insinuate he'd go anywhere near the grandstand.
True bud, its all corperate leg shagging and making real new mates now, standing in the demport having a laugh is just not cost effective in this cashless future, like VAR, they can shove it!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5868
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 7:11 pm

"The move to cashless amenities has stemmed from Green Army feedback sent to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] address, your online hub for sending suggestions and ideas as we strive to continue to improve the match-day experience at the Theatre of Greens."

So what was the response those of you against "cashless" got when you emailed the club regarding the latest development?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2017-09-09

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 8:54 pm

Rickler wrote:
"The move to cashless amenities has stemmed from Green Army feedback sent to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] address, your online hub for sending suggestions and ideas as we strive to continue to improve the match-day experience at the Theatre of Greens."

So what was the response those of you against "cashless" got when you emailed the club regarding the latest development?

Sorry I missed that was probably doing some cash in hand work. But before when I've bought it up with the club as a POTD question, along with the pain queuing causes me gets the same corporate response my questions used to get off Brent and believe or not but this "consultation" will be as rigged as any other closed survey carried out by any business they will announce the result that they wanted whether that is true or not. Everybody sees cashless as inevitable for Hallett to state that "the fans want a cashless Home Park" is just plain bullshit and lies.
The fact that you are arguing with fans on here that don't want it proves my point for me, it's not universally welcomed.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5868
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 9:12 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
"The move to cashless amenities has stemmed from Green Army feedback sent to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] address, your online hub for sending suggestions and ideas as we strive to continue to improve the match-day experience at the Theatre of Greens."

So what was the response those of you against "cashless" got when you emailed the club regarding the latest development?

Sorry I missed that was probably doing some cash in hand work. But before when I've bought it up with the club as a POTD question, along with the pain queuing causes me gets the same corporate response my questions used to get off Brent and believe or not but this "consultation" will be as rigged as any other closed survey carried out by any business they will announce the result that they wanted whether that is true or not. Everybody sees cashless as inevitable for Hallett to state that "the fans want a cashless Home Park" is just plain bullshit and lies.
The fact that you are arguing with fans on here that don't want it proves my point for me, it's not universally welcomed.

I agree it's not universally welcomed. I myself would probably prefer to use cash.  However unless you think the club is lying, they have stated they initiated the idea after feedback from the fans. I would imagine a fair amount of feedback as it must initially cost money to go cashless.  If you don't like it, I suggest you send feedback contradicting that viewpoint.  This sort of direct email response, the AFT and John Lloyds surveys, the fans groups etc, is what the club seems to be taking notice of..  Not social media.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Bob Crow

Posts : 1258
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : The Pioneers suite.

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 10:22 pm

Expect the club incubated the Cashless model from it's own sales data, which I'm certain is largely a majority of card transactions.
From my own observation at HP, people tendering cash is becoming more and more uncommon.


Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Posts : 10909
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 57
Location : Berkshire

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 11:39 pm

I have to say I prefer cash.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5532
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 29
Location : Behind you Jameson....

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 5:11 am

If my 83 year old half dementia ridden mother can use cards frankly I think the rest of us somewhat younger certainly can. Times have changed. This isnt 1990 anymore.
I always like to carry a bundle when out side of Plymouth but day to day here its 99% cards
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2017-09-09

Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 5:21 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
If my 83 year old half dementia ridden mother can use cards frankly I think the rest of us somewhat younger certainly can. Times have changed. This isnt 1990 anymore.
I always like to carry a bundle when out side of Plymouth but day to day here its 99% cards

It's not that I'm not clever enough to go cashless you twat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cashless Plan   Cashless Plan - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Cashless Plan
Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: