Greenlander
Elias
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Argyle v cheats  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v cheats    Argyle v cheats  - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 9:14 pm

A very good win today.

If we carry on with the current form and get 4 points from the two cancelled games that could put us in the top three.

Ps over the last 5 games we have the best form of the whole league...................
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v cheats    Argyle v cheats  - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 11:49 pm

Bakinson was superb. If this game was indicative of what he usually plays like, then this was a fantastic loan move.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v cheats    Argyle v cheats  - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 8:57 am

Scunthorpe Manager Paul Hurst provided his reaction on the Iron game after the 3-1 home loss to Plymouth Argyle.

Luke Jephcott hit a brace, while Byron Moore was also on target as the visitors. Substitute Kevin van Veen netted for the Iron to spark some fresh impetus, but United eventually lost out to the Pilgrims.

Hurst said: “It was a game which we had more than enough of and we should be talking about a different result.

“The Walsall game was regarded as that kind of game, and for me we played better today against a very good team. I’ve seen a lot of Plymouth and I’ve never seen them have as little of the football. That was in the first-half too and not just when they were 3-0 up and maybe sitting.

“However, we all know it’s the result that matters, but what I have to do is not throw all the toys out of the pram and give an opinion that I don’t agree with. I always try to be fair and honest in my assessment, but we had more than enough of that game.

“We made two bad mistakes for goals and even their first one, we should have defended the cross, with it being their first real attack and they scored. It was a kick in the teeth but we were still on top of the game.

“In the second-half, we came out and had a header just past the post from Kgosi (Ntlhe), and then not long after found ourselves 2-0 down, and then there was soon a third and we gave ourselves a mountain to climb.

“If you concede three goals at home, you won’t win many games or take any points, but overall I can’t be too critical of the performance, and that’s me being fair about it.

“There were times when we passed the ball and tried to play forwards quicker, but sometimes you have to keep possession and I don’t want us to just hoof the ball up the pitch. It’s that balance of the players of seeing when it’s really on, and going for the jugular. We’ll definitely play worse than that between now and the end of the season and I’m sure get a better result.”

With the score at 3-1, United had claims for a penalty denied when the ball appeared to strike an Argyle player's hand, and Hurst continued: "It looked that way to me, but we didn't get it. It would have been great to get that second because I did feel we were still in the game. Ultimately it wasn't given, but I can't knock the players because they kept going until the last minute. We just can't make it as difficult to win the game."
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v cheats    Argyle v cheats  - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 9:28 am

Good to hear argyle fans chanting barkers name too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v cheats    Argyle v cheats  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle v cheats
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3