Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 4:17 pm

Ffs 1-1.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 4:29 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Trevor East, is a doubt still got severe bruising on his leg from Boxing day.
laugh laugh ld class suffers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 4:31 pm

Shitty and Swindon both losing - let's hope we don't join them!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 4:55 pm

Thank feck for that Canavan 95mins. cheers Basketball sunny
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 4:57 pm

top performance lol
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 4:59 pm

Correction 96mins, I was just about to post bleddy typical Argo. lol.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 5:16 pm

Feck me that was tighter than we thought. Thank god Canavan got a tow bar or summat on the ball.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 5:32 pm

Our forwards would not score even if the goal was as wide as the pitch, so lucky
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 5:57 pm

I think finishing is still an issue. lol.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 6:06 pm

akagreengull wrote:

Absolutely right.

But the real problem in the lower leagues is the final pass or especially the final cross of the ball. In the bottom divisions, at best, the ball is hoofed into the general area of the attacking players. At the top of the prem, the players can put the ball at the feet of a striker, or right on his head. ..and half of them can do it with their weaker foot!

That, and a player's first touch...
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 6:07 pm

I was down by the vets when we scored the winner Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 6:28 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

Life lesson there Les. Laughing

That was typical Argyle this season. Went 1 up and should have added another one or two, but didn't, and nearly paid the price.

Stevenage looked a totally different proposition to Adams dour Morecambe and got a proper new manager bounce.

Pretty sweet that Westleys painful time wasting resulted in a 96th minute winner. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 6:47 pm

I got close for today crowd 11,719 (11.500+)
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 6:51 pm

Tgwu wrote:
I got close for today crowd 11,719 (11.500+)
Excellent support from the fans today and i must say the Mankovered Grandstand turned out far better than i thought it would in the dry it looked impressive!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 6:57 pm

So thats what it feels like to win a last minute winner lol stevenage did well to frustrate us as they did we couldn't create much despite our dominance and when we did nothing of worth came about it. I thought sarcevic had a poor game, cooper played very well. Byron moore was put in a very good shift aswell the club said he got the goal but i think the powers that be gave it an OG but im sure they will give it to me in anycase. We need to work on defending counter attacks as we got caught one and almost twice...
It would have been a bitter pill to swallow if we did take away a point to end the year out but i am impressed that we still battled and made something happend even at the dying minutes.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 8:13 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Life lesson there Les. Laughing

That was typical Argyle this season. Went 1 up and should have added another one or two, but didn't, and nearly paid the price.

Stevenage looked a totally different proposition to Adams dour Morecambe and got a proper new manager bounce.

Pretty sweet that Westleys painful time wasting resulted in a 96th minute winner. Laughing

Indeed Czar, it's very rare for me to leave before the final whistle too.

Seem to remember us nicking a draw deep into added time against them at HP the last time he was their manager after them doing everything to run the clock down, frustrate and cheat their way to the final whistle, poetic justice against such an enemy of football.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 10:42 pm

Rickler wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Absolutely right.

But the real problem in the lower leagues is the final pass or especially the final cross of the ball.  In the bottom divisions, at best, the ball is hoofed into the general area of the attacking players.  At the top of the prem, the players can put the ball at the feet of a striker, or right on his head.  ..and half of them can do it with their weaker foot!

That, and a player's first touch...

The Bristol game was a master lass of missed opportunities although I don't think Mayor could have done a lot more, Grant should have got something on his cross across the box and we should have had heads on a couple of other of his balls. Good league two players one and all. Apart from Mayor I think he's worth hanging on to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news   Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v. Stevenage fc (match day) news
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2