harvetheslayer
Bob Crow
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

Eight years ago today. Empty
PostSubject: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 8:29 am

As it says on the tin. The land grab and asset pilfering commenced and the "Eee Saved Uzz movement was officially born.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 8:51 am

Within 48 Hours he had seperated HHP from HP I believe but not uncovered until around 2017 from memory. I think Roger (sadly missed here) was amongst the first to expose Lord Jimmy over that one.
Happy to be corrected on dates
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 9:11 am

Despite being a charlatan would we have survived as a league club if he hadn't rocked up?

I suppose we'll never know.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 9:59 am

I doubt we would have disappeared how many football clubs actually have? Not only that if we had gone non league we would probably be in a no worse position now, Brent stole seven years of being a football club, too high a price IMO.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 10:03 am

I was always more concerned about the land grab/shite development than the crap football and budget tbh.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 10:05 am

The new directors seats are going in, one thing him and the pig will not be sat in there.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 10:32 am

Eight years today and the Saviour entered our Argo lives - and we have never looked back since. sarcasm
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 10:39 am

We were struggling 4th division crap hen he took over and he left us as struggling 4th division crap. As a result we're still struggling 4th division crap. Eight totally wasted years.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 10:49 am

Freathy wrote:
We were struggling 4th division crap hen he took over and he left us as struggling 4th division crap.  As a result we're still struggling 4th division crap.  Eight totally wasted years.

Exactly the same position minus a large chunk of land. Year on year progress (for speccy)
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 11:57 am

If we'd gone under (and knowing Argo's luck we would have) how many years would it have taken to get from a phoenix club and the lowest point of the pyramid to League 2? I don't know how long it took AFC Wimbledon but must've been 10 years or so?
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 12:02 pm

Mook wrote:
If we'd gone under (and knowing Argo's luck we would have) how many years would it have taken to get from a phoenix club and the lowest point of the pyramid to League 2? I don't know how long it took AFC Wimbledon but must've been 10 years or so?

9 years to reach the EFL. Longest stay they had in one division was in the Ryman Premier for three seasons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 12:48 pm

Nah knowing us we'd still be in the Southern League bragging about how many we took to Walton Casuals
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 1:42 pm

The Pig on their forums giving it the big I am lol!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 1:51 pm

The fawning over the Lord Shyster Brent on Pasoti is quite sickening. Why doesn't Newell include in his outraged jibe at the AFT that his hero was shafting the club less than 48 hours later.
Nahh didnt think so Newell.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 2:34 pm

And still they suck the shyster knob..unbelievable jeff
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 2:57 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
The fawning over the Lord Shyster Brent on Pasoti is quite sickening. Why doesn't Newell include in his outraged jibe at the AFT that his hero was shafting the club less than 48 hours later.
Nahh didnt think so Newell.

I think it was less than 48hours more like in between 24-36 hours then straight into Mrs brents name before you could say bobs uncle harve
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 3:03 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Despite being a charlatan would we have survived as a league club if he hadn't rocked up?

We won't know, no.

But as has been amply proven, there was a very nice seven figure personal payday to be had by someone. I'm pretty sure someone other than Brent Buttivant or Heaney would have come in.

As the years go on I'll probably mellow as far as Brent's concerned I reckon. He saw a gilt-edged money making opportunity and grabbed it. I didn't like it because it was clear PAFC wasn't his main concern. But the byproduct I suppose is that the club survived.

There is also absolutely no doubt at all though that a massive amount of the vitriol Brent has received down the years, is down to his relationship with Newell. Of all Brents decision making in the last 8 years, associating himself with the most disliked Argyle fan around, was a real own-goal.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 3:05 pm

One of the usual delusional FreaK Hat freaks has predictably started another PF stunt to blow sunshine up the thief's arse.....
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 3:24 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
One of the usual delusional FreaK Hat freaks has predictably started another PF stunt to blow sunshine up the thief's arse.....
surprised none of the twats suggested yet naming the wankfurb after him lol!
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 3:30 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:

Think there's more Brentophiles and Nooligans on FreaK Hat now than there is on the farm, and that's not including the multis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 3:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

We won't know, no.

But as has been amply proven, there was a very nice seven figure personal payday to be had by someone. I'm pretty sure someone other than Brent Buttivant or Heaney would have come in.

As the years go on I'll probably mellow as far as Brent's concerned I reckon. He saw a gilt-edged money making opportunity and grabbed it. I didn't like it because it was clear PAFC wasn't his main concern. But the byproduct I suppose is that the club survived.

There is also absolutely no doubt at all though that a massive amount of the vitriol Brent has received down the years, is down to his relationship with Newell. Of all Brents decision making in the last 8 years, associating himself with the most disliked Argyle fan around, was a real own-goal.

Difficult to say as the Council was of the opinion at the time that Brent was some hotshot developer who was going to drag the city into the 21st century and underwrote the whole thing. No one else got a look in. Nobody over there seems to be able answer why despite all the austerity the club is still losing money either.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 4:42 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:

Ffs Reg don't give the eternally grateful deluded any ideas. geek
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 5:38 pm

Freathy wrote:
We were struggling 4th division crap hen he took over and he left us as struggling 4th division crap.  As a result we're still struggling 4th division crap.  Eight totally wasted years.
Feckin Moron. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 5:41 pm

Brent was a disaster eight years of failure with six struggling in the basement, plus the failed cop and the failed money lender stinking the place out, it truly was a golden era.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 5:46 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Brent was a disaster eight years of failure with six struggling in the basement, plus the failed cop and the failed money lender stinking the place out, it truly was a golden era.

Two failed coppers, not one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eight years ago today.   Eight years ago today. Empty

Back to top Go down

Eight years ago today.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next