downthetrack

Drought Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Drought Warning.   Drought Warning. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:47 am

So these greedy water companies have not invested fu-k all since 76
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Drought Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drought Warning.   Drought Warning. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 2:31 pm

hey, i know its spam but if anyone wants a rainwater harvesting system designed and fitted , im yer man. pm me and save yourself paying the water companies for surface drainage Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
pepsipete

pepsipete

Drought Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drought Warning.   Drought Warning. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 2:40 pm

downthetrack wrote:

sounds a bit like Brent. pirat
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Drought Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drought Warning.   Drought Warning. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 3:59 pm

downthetrack wrote:

It's not the water companies fault, the rain is just falling, in all of the wrong places lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Drought Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drought Warning.   Drought Warning. EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Another one of Thatcher's bright ideas, utility companies are the issue, you absolutely have to have heating, lighting, food and water, the supply of all these commodities should be seen as strategic and should never have been allowed to slip out of public control, especially not for the paltry amounts the exchequer got for them once the City had finished syphoning off it's cut.

My leccy and gas bills have just gone through the roof, alright so this quarter is probably the most expensive of the year but for the old woman to make a point of mentioning it speaks volumes to me. Water bills have risen exponentially over the years for no apparent change in the service while simple solutions to the problem of shifting water from the wet North and West to the dry South and East are ignored in favour of more grandiose schemes which will cost we the punter through the nose. The French and Germans know the score, they invest long term in utility companies and the like while we chase the pot of instant gold in lottery companies which pervade the financial service sector, but in the end when you are cold and thirsty nothing much else matters.
Back to top Go down

Drought Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drought Warning.   Drought Warning. EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:42 pm

You love capitalism don't you Tis?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Drought Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drought Warning.   Drought Warning. EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Cerbera wrote:
You love capitalism don't you Tis?

I'll let you know if I ever see it in operation.
Back to top Go down
simao

simao

Drought Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drought Warning.   Drought Warning. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:40 am

Lord Tisdale is so right. Sell all the utilities,import all food,petrol and energy and you are 9 meals from civil war when the supermarkets are empty. Russia turns off the gas,Iran goes wobbly,harvests fail,stuff happens and UK goes cold and hungry. Remember the last biggish petrol strike? Glad I don't live there!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Drought Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drought Warning.   Drought Warning. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:11 am

simao wrote:
Glad I don't live there!

Yes, warm and hungry does look like a better deal.
Back to top Go down
simao

simao

Drought Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drought Warning.   Drought Warning. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:31 am

Freezing here,weeks of cold weather. Normally just pisses down so usually damp and hungry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drought Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drought Warning.   Drought Warning. Empty

Back to top Go down

Drought Warning.
Page 1 of 1