The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RIP Ginger Baker.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

RIP Ginger Baker. Empty
PostSubject: RIP Ginger Baker.   RIP Ginger Baker. EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 11:55 am

God how I loved Cream. Baker was a proper rock mentalist but a real talented drummer to boot. Listening to Strange Brew and have Badge cued up next. RIP you ginger loon.
Back to top Go down

RIP Ginger Baker. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Ginger Baker.   RIP Ginger Baker. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 8:31 am

Of that generation he was the best. His playing changed what could be done within the confines of rock music, although he hated being thought of as a rock musician. Copyists could never fully capture his technique because they didn't appreciate him as a jazz musician.

Not a particular pleasant human being by many accounts.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

RIP Ginger Baker. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Ginger Baker.   RIP Ginger Baker. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 9:12 am

Did you see the eulogy last night on 4 news when he cracked his interviewer across the nose, and broke it, with a beefy drumstick?
Back to top Go down

RIP Ginger Baker. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Ginger Baker.   RIP Ginger Baker. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 12:04 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Did you see the eulogy last night on 4 news when he cracked his interviewer across the nose, and broke it, with a beefy drumstick?

I saw the documentary "Beware of Mr Baker" where he cracked the director over the nose with his walking cane it was probably from that. Its worth watching, although he comes across as a thoroughly nasty piece of work. Which to be fair he probably was.

Given his lifestyle its amazing he lasted this long.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

RIP Ginger Baker. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Ginger Baker.   RIP Ginger Baker. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 1:17 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I saw the documentary "Beware of Mr Baker" where he cracked the director over the nose with his walking cane it was probably from that. Its worth watching, although he comes across as a thoroughly nasty piece of work. Which to be fair he probably was.

That's probably it I'll check it out when I get a chance. He started out his working life in a gang in Lewisham I think without music he'd have been a proper wrongun. I read another bit about him pinging a drumstick off a skin into the back of Bruce's head to try and wind up one of his guitar solos when Bruce was said to have smashed him and his drum kit up with his guitar! They were all quite mental and hugely egotistical.
Back to top Go down

RIP Ginger Baker. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Ginger Baker.   RIP Ginger Baker. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 1:32 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

That's probably it I'll check it out when I get a chance. He started out his working life in a gang in Lewisham I think without music he'd have been a proper wrongun. I read another bit about him pinging a drumstick off a skin into the back of Bruce's head to try and wind up one of his guitar solos when Bruce was said to have smashed him and his drum kit up with his guitar! They were all quite mental and hugely egotistical.

Bruce and Baker loathed each other and did right up until Bruce died in 2014, so that sounds perfectly legit. Amazing they played together for 5 years without killing each other!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RIP Ginger Baker. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Ginger Baker.   RIP Ginger Baker. Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Ginger Baker.
Page 1 of 1