Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Cost Of Policing Argo Last Season.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

The Cost Of Policing Argo Last Season. Empty
PostSubject: The Cost Of Policing Argo Last Season.   The Cost Of Policing Argo Last Season. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 12:37 pm

C&P'd for all haters of The Evnin Arold (which includes me of course!)  Laughing
..........................................................................................................

The cost of policing Plymouth Argyle's home games last season is revealed:

The most expensive match was the one against Bristol Rovers in March

Plymouth Argyle were charged £15,884 for policing matches at Home Park last season.

The amount billed to the club by Devon and Cornwall Police for policing games in 2018/19 was revealed to Plymouth Live via Freedom of Information requests.

The most expensive match was the home League One game against Bristol Rovers in March, which cost the club £5,163.

Elsewhere, Manchester United paid more for policing than any other club in England and Scotland last season - £625,236.

Manchester City spent the next most at £595,822 followed by Liverpool at £590,739.

Leeds United (£459,798), Everton (£405,778) and Rangers (£306,770) were next.

London-based Premier League and EFL clubs were charged a combined total of just £478,808.
Crystal Palace paid just £7,429 of that, while West Ham United paid as little as £41,973 and Arsenal £55,490.

Under current rules, clubs are only obliged to pay for policing in the stadium and on their land, leading to the taxpayer having to pick up large chunks of the bill for some clubs.

Muddying that though is the fact that clubs will also be paying tax as well.

Some police forces have yet to respond to the Freedom of Information requests, so the data is missing for 22 clubs from the top four divisions of English football, such as Brighton and Hove Albion and Hull City.

A total of £9.9 million was paid by clubs to the forces that did respond to the requests, however.

Top 20 clubs charged

Manchester United £625,236
Manchester City £595,822
Liverpool £590,739
Leeds United £459,798
Everton £405,778
Rangers £306,770
Sunderland £288,419
Birmingham City £269,248
Aston Villa £267,415
Wolverhampton Wanderers £264,607
...............................................................................................................

£15884 for entire season, on the face of it doesn't seem so bad. Much lower than I would have envisaged. I thought, or was lead to believe, anecdotaly, that we were paying sh*t loads for policing. Shocked

Last edited by P.O.I on Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Cost Of Policing Argo Last Season.   The Cost Of Policing Argo Last Season. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Very low I agree
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Cost Of Policing Argo Last Season.   The Cost Of Policing Argo Last Season. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 12:48 pm

Another Brent myth busted....high policing costs lol.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Cost Of Policing Argo Last Season.   The Cost Of Policing Argo Last Season. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 1:06 pm

To be honest it bugs the shite out of me, everybody attending the match will have like me had their council tax bill go up massively in the last few years with most going to the Police and the force has been cut to feck in that time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cost Of Policing Argo Last Season.   The Cost Of Policing Argo Last Season. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 2:16 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Another Brent myth busted....high policing costs lol.

Very good point. This was the reason that further blocks couldn't be opened.

If you think about it the £16,000 that we were billed for policy works out about £570 a game (based on playing 28 competitive home games last season) which at average of just under 10k works out at 5p per person attending.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cost Of Policing Argo Last Season.   The Cost Of Policing Argo Last Season. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cost Of Policing Argo Last Season.
Page 1 of 1