Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All a bit false eh?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

All a bit false eh? Empty
PostSubject: All a bit false eh?   All a bit false eh? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:29 am

I think the atmosphere has improved at Home Park but that's enough. I also agree this is all a little bit patronising, and I think a lot of feel under the control of other supporters. Can't we just show up on a matchday, shout, sing, stand, sit or be silent, its all about our love for the club and how well they do on the day, we shouldn't have to falsely show our passion.

We are not quite an MK Dons yet but going to HP is feeling a little false, luckily its much different at away matches.

Good idea with the flag, but all these statements, all these calling the green army things, song sheets, you shouldn't be sitting at the back of B3 and 4 if your not prepared to sing, its all a bit bollox to be honest and a lot of it feels like we are still trying to save the club, the club needs saving on the pitch NOW!

If a fan wants to sing, they can sing, if a fan doesn't, then let them. I join in with Forza Verde at the back of B3 but sometimes I like to just sit down somewhere half way up the Devonport and watch the actual football.

Its a bit like we are in a nursery and a few people just threw all just toys out the pram and I think some others might follow, its good that we can actually say what we feel. Sometimes its like the fans are being separated from the singers and the non singers, the singers being more respected, when actually more of the sit down watch the game fans attend away matches and travel across the country with the greens. I'm not against Forza Verde, just how its being run.

Just because we from the West country, just because we eat pasties and get a few fans from across the river doesn't mean that we are any different to the Northern mobs up country. We know how to behave in a football stadium, and if somebody is behaving badly then they need to be thrown out, but the rest of us don't need to be told what we can and can't do.

Before all this nonsense, back in the days of Block 16/17, we had a great time, singing and shouting to our hearts content, and the noise generated in that 1 corner was louder than Forza Verde by a long shot. We were allowed to take the pi$$ out of the away support and they would give a good bit of banter back, how are we suppose to do that from the Devonport? That's why we were under racism investigations, because we turn to mocking their players because we can't exchange banter with their fans. Back in League 1 and before, we really didn't need Forza Verde, going to Home Park was just about perfect.

If you've been up to Home Park recently you would know what I mean. Only praaaaaper fans allowed, so the 30 odd ones at the back of Block 4 Rolling Eyes Its all a distraction from what is going on, on the pitch.

CB

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All a bit false eh?   All a bit false eh? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:56 am

What we need now is another group called the occasionals. Who occasionally stand up, occasionally sit down, occasionally sing, occasionally applaud, occasionally unfurl a flag and occasionally will sit apart. I reckon you're onto something cobi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All a bit false eh?   All a bit false eh? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:00 am

my word GJ I think you have cracked it they could occasionally bring a big flag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All a bit false eh?   All a bit false eh? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:22 am

Cobi, What is your problem? If you want to join in do so, if you want to sit away from them then do. If you keep on changng your mind during the game then get a seat nearby.

No one is saying they are better fans at all. What is being attempted is to try and help the atmosphere, nothing more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All a bit false eh?   All a bit false eh? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:25 am

Block4Green wrote:
I think the atmosphere has improved at Home Park

CB

Block4Green wrote:
Before all this nonsense, back in the days of Block 16/17, we had a great time, singing and shouting to our hearts content, and the noise generated in that 1 corner was louder than Forza Verde by a long shot.

If you've been up to Home Park recently you would know what I mean.
CB

I'm only reading your post Cobi and I don't know what you mean...

Has the atmosphere improved or not?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All a bit false eh?   All a bit false eh? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:27 am

Enjoy Life wrote:
Block4Green wrote:
I think the atmosphere has improved at Home Park

CB

Block4Green wrote:
Before all this nonsense, back in the days of Block 16/17, we had a great time, singing and shouting to our hearts content, and the noise generated in that 1 corner was louder than Forza Verde by a long shot.

If you've been up to Home Park recently you would know what I mean.
CB

I'm only reading your post Cobi and I don't know what you mean...

Has the atmosphere improved or not?

From the start of this season, the atmosphere has improved with the addition of Forza Verde, however when 16/17 were open, the atmosphere was 10 times as good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All a bit false eh?   All a bit false eh? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:41 am

Block 17 singing is a thing of the past. Lets put it to bed and look to the future, which is FV. I don't care what the atmosphere used to be like in Block 17, what's happened has happened and we can't change that Razz
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: All a bit false eh?   All a bit false eh? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:04 pm

GJ, how did you cope before you found the Razz Razz Razz emoticon!!?? Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All a bit false eh?   All a bit false eh? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:12 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

I didn't. I used to use Pasoti and rock backwards and forwards tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All a bit false eh?   All a bit false eh? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:24 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I didn't. I used to use Pasoti and rock backwards and forwards tongue

I'm paranoid now Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All a bit false eh?   All a bit false eh? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Blocks 16 & 17 should be re opened, agree with him there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All a bit false eh?   All a bit false eh? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Greenjock wrote:
What we need now is another group called the occasionals. Who occasionally stand up, occasionally sit down, occasionally sing, occasionally applaud, occasionally unfurl a flag and occasionally will sit apart. I reckon you're onto something cobi.

Jock, that is very funny mate. I think ll clubs could claim "the occasionals" as a relevant group.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: All a bit false eh?   All a bit false eh? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Be nice if we had something to sing about at Home Park regardless of where we sit. Laughing
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: All a bit false eh?   All a bit false eh? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 6:00 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Be nice if we had something to sing about at Home Park regardless of where we sit. Laughing

Ain't that the truth.

I reckon when that comes along you'll see the demise of the scarfys as peeps realise jollyment doesn't need to be imposed or orchestrated at all. They'll emerge from their group dellusion and blink in wonder at the newfangled notion of spontanaity, there'll be a scarf amnesty and a container load of scarfs flags and beard shavings will be shipped out to sub-saharan africa to keep starving children warm.

Mark my words, that'll be exactly how it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All a bit false eh?   All a bit false eh? Empty

Back to top Go down

All a bit false eh?
Page 1 of 1