Freathy
sufferedsince 68
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 10:01 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Wonder what Lowe was thinking by not playing the new attacking players?

Lowe knows what the ex-Bury players are like, and they know his style of play already. I reckon he wanted to have another look at the players he's inherited. Unfortunately he's discovered they're basically equivalent a Conference South team. Hopefully he'll concentrate on shipping them out and bringing in another 3 or 4 players before the season starts.

Can't see us getting promotion this season. The damage of all the departures on an already mediocre squad has given Lowe too much to do in too little time. It'll be another start slowly and rebuild sort of season. pale

Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 10:25 pm

Stout knees fellas stout knees lol!
Don’t worry sighs super doupa budget will sort it out
Here give the professional Northern some of Freddie’s penny’s to get another 8 players
From bury sorted lol! ...good to see Torquay on the up again though
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 10:26 pm

Torquay? pah, that tinpot club isn't even getting an ice rink.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 10:33 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Any news on the Aussie goalie?
got a acting job in Home & away instead GG lol! while I see lethern has joined Salford today as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 10:37 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Wonder what Lowe was thinking by not playing the new attacking players?

Lowe knows what the ex-Bury players are like, and they know his style of play already. I reckon he wanted to have another look at the players he's inherited. Unfortunately he's discovered they're basically equivalent a Conference South team. Hopefully he'll concentrate on shipping them out and bringing in another 3 or 4 players before the season starts.

Can't see us getting promotion this season. The damage of all the departures on an already mediocre squad has given Lowe too much to do in too little time. It'll be another start slowly and rebuild sort of season. pale

Eggszakerleee. RL has inherited too much shiote to sort out before we even taste success in any form.
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 11:27 pm

Think we saw 4 players who will start the first game tonight - Edwards, Sarc, Riley and McFazdean.
Lolos may make the bench as he seems to know where the onion bag is. Both Grants are probably subs even if Joel is looking terrible at the moment. He may be the big name casualty to prove a point.

Fletcher, Moore, ASB, Sawyer, Canavan not good enough for this level - we may need some to hang around on the bench til better arrives. Peck, Sangster, Jephcott and Randell need to go and play at Conference level for a year and come back next season for the first team.

What we desperately need now are 1 or 2 centre halves - Torquay could have had 6 today. The system doesn't help but we are terrible at the back still. If its edge of the seat football,it's more likely to be from playing out of defence than going forward at the moment.

At this moment Torquay are better than what we had last season. They look a tidy outfit and could be surprise playoff contenders.

My team for Crewe - Cooper, Riley, McFazdean, Aimson, TBC, TBC/Sawyer, Edwards, Sarc, Mayor, Telford, TBC/Taylor - Subs: Palmer, ABS, Canavan, Grant, Grant, Lolos, TBC
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 7:36 am

Ryan Lowe reaction
Argyle manager Ryan Lowe has given his verdict on the 3-1 defeat by Torquay.

I’m disappointed with the result. Happy with some bits of play - passages of play - there were some good signs. We should have scored more goals and we should not have conceded two sloppy goals. The first one is a worldy, no-one is going to take that away from the kid (Armani Little), he smashed it right in the top bin. If you take the result out of it, I’m happy with the way we played but I have said to the lads ‘don’t give it away too cheap’.”
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 7:46 am

Lowe should be getting players from Torquay not Bury.  It'll be a very difficult start to the season - again! When will we finally stop being so shit!  10 years of this crap we've had to suffer now.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 8:13 am

It made sense to me that Lowe played the majority of the Adams relegation dross in what was always going to be a good test given Big G has turned things around at Plainmoor. Given he presumably knows his Bury players well he needed to see what he has inherited - clearly players that are not very good.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 8:19 am

It's good to see reality biting with some fans this morning. Let's hope it's bitten Lowe deep on his buttock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 9:22 am

Rome wasnt built in a day youd be naive if you think rebuild this squad will be an instant success.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 10:03 am

Angry wrote:
Rome wasnt built in a day youd be naive if you think rebuild this squad will be an instant success.

I would say the majority of fans are thinking that promotion is well within reach this season, I think that is naive and have been saying so for weeks. I haven't changed my view Angers.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 11:10 am

Mook wrote:
The thread on pasoti has some already turning on Lowe.

Did they think he could just wave a magic stick and make the dross we've been left with better overnight?

I read some of those comments, unbelievable tbh.

It will take time for him to get the team he wants and the style he desires.

As bad as the defeat was, it was only a friendly at the end of the day. Not too bothered by it.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 11:28 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:

I would say the majority of fans are thinking that promotion is well within reach this season, I think that is naive and have been saying so for weeks. I haven't changed my view Angers.

Im on about the results/performances in pre season while the rebuild is going on not the outcome of the season as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 12:42 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:

Im on about the results/performances in pre season while the rebuild  is going on not the outcome of the season as a whole.

Which will be different in which way? So far we've lost to Truro and Torquay, both non league the last time I looked. I think we will be alright this season as long as we add a couple of really decent defenders, I think playoffs would be an overachievement.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 1:24 pm

Angry wrote:
Depends on who stays ,who goes and who comes in.
top 10 should be the aim anything else is a bonus
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 6:27 pm

Went last night and the argo support was fantasic, spent half hour in the fookin que! Si was there along with Jimmy the Green lol, Torquay are a good side at Plainmoor and would beat most fourth division sides with out a doubt.
Caravan played well i thought best defender, the young keeper will be okay better than Macey, bit lightweight in midfield Torquay were strong and more physical but not dirty, up front we created chances but no finish! Argo is a work in progress but i'm confident Lowe knows what it takes to succeed and the Greeen are going up bheys! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 6:30 pm

jocolor The Suffers Throbber.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 6:35 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
jocolor The Suffers Throbber.
My Stout Knees are shoulder to shoulder in the trenches with Uncle Si. jocolor jocolor jocolor cheers
Back to top Go down
watgull

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 1:08 am

The pasoti bheys reckon that a fifty grand bid for Jamie Ried would be enough to entice Torquay to sell.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 8:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No need to panic.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 10:28 am

Zacky he's looking at the shite he has inherited and wants to see if the're good enough.

Now he knows the answer, he would have wanted to see for himself.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 10:34 am

Thing is some of the shite, might have looked ultra shit under adams, but might be right for lowe's system,
or they still shite but he needs to make his mind up, who's shite and needs to go now and who could be useful.

No need to worry yet at least,
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 10:40 am

He's giving them a chance to prove they can be part of his team/squad.

'No' would be my guess so far
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 10:45 am

Mook wrote:
He's giving them a chance to prove they can be part of his team/squad.

'No' would be my guess so far
It also makes little sense to move them on if there is no one to replace them,

I'm not as worried as I was when we got battered by Yeovil,
Cause it looks like Lowe wont sign dross for the sake of signing dross,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Torquay. match fred.   Argo v Torquay. match fred. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argo v Torquay. match fred.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next