Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roscrow leaves the club

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Roscrow leaves the club Empty
PostSubject: Roscrow leaves the club   Roscrow leaves the club EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 12:38 pm

Strange one this, makes you think he got brought in because couldn’t be trusted not to buy Crocked rubbish. It will be dealt with direct from now on.

Plymouth Argyle manager Ryan Lowe has confirmed that head of recruitment Ian Roscrow has left Home Park.

The 55-year-old, who filled similar roles at Swansea City, Wigan Athletic and Middlesbrough, was only appointed by the Pilgrims in late April, but has become a casualty of Derek Adams’ dismissal as Pilgrims boss, which was confirmed five days after Roscrow’s appointment.

Lowe confirmed to Plymouth Live that Roscrow has since left the club with he and assistant Steven Schumacher preferring to use their own scouting network.

“Ian moved on as soon as I came in,” Lowe said. “Again, we wanted to go down a different route and we wanted to bring our own people in.

“Recruitment is very easy really. Me and Schuey (assistant Steven Scumacher) have played in these leagues for 20-odd years and we have a lot of connections. We know a lot of people, a lot of agents and a lot of players.

“Recruitment depends on what you’re recruiting. Are you recruiting a 16-year-old that you are going to then sell for £5 million? I don’t think the club have sold anyone in that sort of region for five years, so the recruitment is recruitment for now.

“We feel we are recruiting players to help us challenge. We don’t want to be recruiting 16, 17-year-old lads, we want to be recruiting people to play first team football and that’s what we do,. We know a lot of people and have a lot of know-how of the leagues and got a lot of contacts.

“We felt it best that our recruitment came from in-house and me and Steven especially and obviously Nance (Kevin Nancekivell), Rhys (Wilmot) and Jimmy (Dickinson)and John (Lucas) – the people we know. And we have someone that’s helped us along the way and we are quite happy with that.”

So far, Lowe has brought three players to Home Park – Joe Edwards, Danny Mayor and Will Aimson and the recruitment process will not stop there as he looks to shape a squad capable of winning promotion back to League One at the first attempt.

“We don’t have a number, but we are still looking,” Lowe said. “It’s been a quiet few days because we are not here to just sign players, we have some fantastic quality in the group.

“A lot probably haven’t performed to the levels that they know they can for the past year or two years, so we are going to give them a chance. The games are coming thick and fast and I am sure I will know in the next two weeks where I definitely, 100% need to get players in.

“We have our targets and we probably have two or three contracts out at the moment – offers – and if they come to fruition, then we’ll be fine.

“We will potentially look at the loan market if needed, but there’s no real rush. We are in quite a good position and quite a good place at the moment. I am happy with the work we’ve done so far and there will hopefully be one or two additions this week.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Roscrow leaves the club   Roscrow leaves the club EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 12:41 pm

Makes sense, using his own people,

Sweeping out as much of the Adams rubbish as possible.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Roscrow leaves the club   Roscrow leaves the club EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 4:45 pm

Isn’t it nice to have a gaffer that just lets the fans know generally how things are ticking along?

Polar opposite to the dour insular Scot. Talking of whom, is there any news on him finding another club anywhere?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roscrow leaves the club   Roscrow leaves the club EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 6:25 pm

Could see it coming shame for the guy as he didnt do anything wrong but It was a silly appointment to make in the first place given the shakey position adams was in regarding his job and our performances as no new manager coming in is going to want someone elses guy recommending players to them wasting time and money scouting them if they dont know what they are looking for or actually wants its not just a Ryan Lowe thing.

I Imagine Ryan will bring in someone to scout at some stage once the season starts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roscrow leaves the club   Roscrow leaves the club Empty

Back to top Go down

Roscrow leaves the club
Page 1 of 1