The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6033
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 12:41 am

RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Let's hope the board is making the appointment in the spirit of bringing a quick promotion and impending success, we can only see.

I hope so GG but I won’t hold me breath on that one though .but as you say will see

Why wouldn't they?  What possible motive is there to stay in league 2?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5794
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 29
Location : Behind you Jameson....

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 5:41 am

Ryan Lowe will be announced today Wednesday as manager.  Not what I wanted but I acknowledge he plays good football.

Welcome Ryan big job for you to do here.....
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 6149
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 63
Location : Mutant Abbot

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 7:47 am

Hope he is the new man, looks like he could do a job, his brief and the boards mission should be unequivocal in getting promotion in the coming season.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6261
Join date : 2014-03-30

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 8:42 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Ryan Lowe will be announced today Wednesday as manager.  Not what I wanted but I acknowledge he plays good football.

Welcome Ryan big job for you to do here.....


gssp
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5794
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 29
Location : Behind you Jameson....

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 8:46 am

Les Miserable wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Ryan Lowe will be announced today Wednesday as manager.  Not what I wanted but I acknowledge he plays good football.

Welcome Ryan big job for you to do here.....


gssp

I would have loved to be able to have said Holloway Les Mis I can assure you although rumours abound that he "may" have pulled out overnight in which case the Bishop of Bath and Wells will be firing up the brazier for a red hot poker time....

Soon see if the conference is cancelled

lol!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 30
Location : Dorset

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 9:48 am

Same guy over the road claiming a conference today .
Is now saying lowe pulled out at the 11th hr.

Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

Posts : 219
Join date : 2017-10-01
Location : Paignton

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 9:54 am

Bleddy 'ell this is getting even more ridiculous Laughing

Location is bollocks pay anyone enough and they'll come
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 30
Location : Dorset

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 10:06 am

feck this,
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6704
Join date : 2017-09-09

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 10:55 am

Rickler wrote:
akagreengull wrote:


As fans we don't have to back anyone, ultimately the club is bigger than any individual, I'm starting to get a really bad feeling about any impending managerial announcement.

I'm starting to get a really bad feeling that certain 'fans' will not be backing the manager no matter who is appointed.

It's Bobby Williamson now shaddup and support the club.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5794
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 29
Location : Behind you Jameson....

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 11:03 am

Jethro wrote:
Same guy over the road claiming a conference today .
Is now saying lowe pulled out at the 11th hr.


Yep thats just what I was told an hour ago pulled out at the 11th hour. We'll see soon enough
If that is accurate we're in a mess to say the least.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5794
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 29
Location : Behind you Jameson....

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 11:04 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
akagreengull wrote:


As fans we don't have to back anyone, ultimately the club is bigger than any individual, I'm starting to get a really bad feeling about any impending managerial announcement.

I'm starting to get a really bad feeling that certain 'fans' will not be backing the manager no matter who is appointed.

It's Bobby Williamson now shaddup and support the club.

laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 30
Location : Dorset

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 11:38 am

I'll support anyone that comes and takes the job.

Just not hollowords, if he gets us to the championship il forget and forgive untill then he can piss off
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 30
Location : Dorset

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 11:41 am

Latest odds.
Ryan Lowe
2/5
Michael Flynn
4/1
Ian Holloway
6/1
Graham Coughlan
16/1
Steve Cotterill
16/1
Back to top Go down
Yea Man



Posts : 1405
Join date : 2016-02-19

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 12:03 pm

Holloway has dropped again, was 16/1 last night.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 30
Location : Dorset

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 12:23 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Holloway has dropped again, was 16/1 last night.

When I looked he was 12/1 that was 10pm last night.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 30
Location : Dorset

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 1:41 pm

Just days after seeing his side cruelly beaten in the League Two play-off final, Newport County manager Michael Flynn is cracking on with things at Rodney Parade, despite interest in his services from Plymouth Argyle.

The 38-year-old, who announced County's retained list yesterday, has performed miracles with the South Wales club, saving them from relegation in his first season in charge before building a team that reached the play-off final inside two seasons.

Hopes of promotion were cruelly dashed when they were beaten in the last minute of extra time by Tranmere Rovers on Saturday, but that has not stopped Flynn from returning to work and making plans for the 2019/20 campaign.

"I've got a big job to do. I'm already planning for next year and I'm close to having a couple done," Flynn said after that Wembley heartache.

"I'm going to lose a couple, that's obvious. I don't want them to go, they're my best players. But there's nothing I can do about that.

"They've got to take an opportunity, if it comes, to earn more money or play at a higher level."

That is an opportunity that will attract Flynn as well. He is the second favourite to take over at Swansea City and has long been among the frontrunners for the Argyle vacancy following Derek Adams' sacking a month ago.

Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

Posts : 219
Join date : 2017-10-01
Location : Paignton

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 2:04 pm

They played well with 10 men too in the final, kept trying to play football rather than just sitting back.

Lowe is obv defo not coming now, I'd be happy with Flynn
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5794
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 29
Location : Behind you Jameson....

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 2:17 pm

All sources are singing from the same hymn sheet in that he changed his mind at the 11th hour.
Perhaps Hallett is trying to talk him around
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 30
Location : Dorset

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 2:25 pm

At some point we need to give up on Lowe,
If we don't have a manager by friday we could be in real trouble starting the season.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 4078
Join date : 2015-07-08

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 2:36 pm

Rickler wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Let's hope the board is making the appointment in the spirit of bringing a quick promotion and impending success, we can only see.

I hope so GG but I won’t hold me breath on that one though .but as you say will see

Why wouldn't they?  What possible motive is there to stay in league 2?
Keep it cheap more austerity pa hallett already said it’s gunna be run along the same lines
But you already know my view on this inept board of pa hallet and Mr 30% and the rest of em!
So I think it’s best left at that
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6704
Join date : 2017-09-09

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 2:39 pm

Jethro wrote:
Just days after seeing his side cruelly beaten in the League Two play-off final, Newport County manager Michael Flynn is cracking on with things at Rodney Parade, despite interest in his services from Plymouth Argyle.

The 38-year-old, who announced County's retained list yesterday, has performed miracles with the South Wales club, saving them from relegation in his first season in charge before building a team that reached the play-off final inside two seasons.

Hopes of promotion were cruelly dashed when they were beaten in the last minute of extra time by Tranmere Rovers on Saturday, but that has not stopped Flynn from returning to work and making plans for the 2019/20 campaign.

"I've got a big job to do. I'm already planning for next year and I'm close to having a couple done," Flynn said after that Wembley heartache.

"I'm going to lose a couple, that's obvious. I don't want them to go, they're my best players. But there's nothing I can do about that.

"They've got to take an opportunity, if it comes, to earn more money or play at a higher level."

That is an opportunity that will attract Flynn as well. He is the second favourite to take over at Swansea City and has long been among the frontrunners for the Argyle vacancy following Derek Adams' sacking a month ago.


We are going to fall behind, again. Need to pull some fingers out of arses.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 30
Location : Dorset

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 2:53 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Just days after seeing his side cruelly beaten in the League Two play-off final, Newport County manager Michael Flynn is cracking on with things at Rodney Parade, despite interest in his services from Plymouth Argyle.

The 38-year-old, who announced County's retained list yesterday, has performed miracles with the South Wales club, saving them from relegation in his first season in charge before building a team that reached the play-off final inside two seasons.

Hopes of promotion were cruelly dashed when they were beaten in the last minute of extra time by Tranmere Rovers on Saturday, but that has not stopped Flynn from returning to work and making plans for the 2019/20 campaign.

"I've got a big job to do. I'm already planning for next year and I'm close to having a couple done," Flynn said after that Wembley heartache.

"I'm going to lose a couple, that's obvious. I don't want them to go, they're my best players. But there's nothing I can do about that.

"They've got to take an opportunity, if it comes, to earn more money or play at a higher level."

That is an opportunity that will attract Flynn as well. He is the second favourite to take over at Swansea City and has long been among the frontrunners for the Argyle vacancy following Derek Adams' sacking a month ago.


We are going to fall behind, again. Need to pull some fingers out of arses.

Exactly we need someone with their feet under the table,to come in see what we need, who he wants to work with , then see who takes up contract offers and most importantly, Get him and his wife/kids settled in the city as well as can be, or anywhere else close,

This has dragged on too long now.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 4078
Join date : 2015-07-08

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 2:56 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Rickler wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Let's hope the board is making the appointment in the spirit of bringing a quick promotion and impending success, we can only see.

I hope so GG but I won’t hold me breath on that one though .but as you say will see

Why wouldn't they?  What possible motive is there to stay in league 2?
Keep it cheap more austerity pa hallett already said it’s gunna be run along the same lines
But you already know my view on this inept board of pa hallet and Mr 30% and the rest of em!
So I think it’s best left at that
Don’t you rickler cos you ain’t gunna change my opinion of the board and I ain’t gunna change yours either of the board so it’s best just to leave it like that other wise we will just be arguing and going round and round in circles
Back to top Go down
Yea Man



Posts : 1405
Join date : 2016-02-19

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 3:04 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
All sources are singing from the same hymn sheet in that he changed his mind at the 11th hour.
Perhaps Hallett is trying to talk him around

If that's true it's time to tell him to do one and find someone else.

Holloway's now 6/1 but that means little as it's probably driven by just a few quid.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 30
Location : Dorset

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 3:33 pm

Yea Man wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
All sources are singing from the same hymn sheet in that he changed his mind at the 11th hour.
Perhaps Hallett is trying to talk him around

If that's true it's time to tell him to do one and find someone else.

Holloway's now 6/1 but that means little as it's probably driven by just a few quid.

Then again not knowing how much they had in their skybet (other betting companies are available) Account,
Someone claimed to lay what was in there on Flynn and his odds didn't move at all. but Lowes lengthened slightly.

But skybet know as much as we know feck all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle
Back to top 
Page 13 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: