Czarcasm
Earwegoagain
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Mook

Mook

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 4:50 pm

Some on Pasoti thinking it'll be Gourvennec.

They are aware we're in league 2 aren't they? Jesus Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Is it me or anyone else getting the impression Lowe is only going to take this job as a last resort in order to get out of bury and use us as a stop gap till he finds another job aswell more northern?

im just getting that feeling.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 4:52 pm

some one on twitter claims to have seen Lowe up HP
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 5:00 pm

Angry wrote:
Is it me or anyone else getting the impression Lowe is only going to take this job as a last resort in order to get out of bury and use us as a stop gap till he finds another job aswell more northern?

I think he really wants to stay at Bury yes, We was always gonna be second choice for him.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 5:02 pm

Still trying to get the wrapper off the authentic Grimsters?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 5:07 pm

Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:

I think he really wants to stay at Bury yes, We was always gonna be second choice for him.

Makes you wonder should we settle for someones second choice or continue the search.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 5:07 pm

Well its a bit late now unless its saying theres a press conference tomorrow,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 5:12 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:

Makes you wonder should we settle for someones second choice or continue the search.

its a big move for him, finding schools for his kids down here, somewhere to live, then its the same thing if he brings his coaching staff with him.

Which you have to think, they haven't been paid for 3 months won't be easy.
The longer the bury haven't been taken over the better for us,

I'm not sure we are his second choice but its a choice between stick with Bury hope they find a way out or come here,
just trying to justify it all in my mind as to why.

If he flew down and was picked up today,
What's the hold-up,
you wouldn't fly down if you hadn't agreed to a deal in principle.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 5:52 pm

The hold up is because Nool has ordered three different taxis to pick him up at the airport unforch all three firms have gone bust leaving him stranded.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 6:16 pm

I may be wrong but if this saga ends with him signing for us, I doubt very much the family will move down lock stock & barrel. I reckon we’ll have to compromise to a large degree.

I’m just getting a bit bored of it now. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 6:19 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
The hold up is because Nool has ordered three different taxis to pick him up at the airport unforch all three firms have gone bust leaving him stranded.

Then when he went to fill up the 3rd hand beemer, Jimmy's credit card was declined.....Or some nasty ATD member put a nail in his run flats again
lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 6:25 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I may be wrong but if this saga ends with him signing for us, I doubt very much the family will move down lock stock & barrel. I reckon we’ll have to compromise to a large degree.

I’m just getting a bit bored of it now. Crying or Very sad

Well that depends on the definition of move down here,

In theory they could move to somewhere nearer the M5, knocks an hour off the train journey from St Davids,Access to an airport that has routes to manchester,

but would we want him driving to the training ground from miles away every day,

Its a big step for Ryan and his family, thats before you take into account their lack of wages from the club,

Who knows we will just have to sit tight see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 7:06 pm

picked this out of a statement from burys chairman

Our Manager: Firstly thank you Ryan for your work with others to achieve promotion in these difficult times.

Leaving the Club, clearly not something we want to see but Ryan is a young man starting on his management career and who are we to stop his trajectory if he wants this, Plymouth asked to speak to him we sanctioned but as far as I know he is still with Bury.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 8:26 pm

Jethro wrote:
picked this out of a statement from burys chairman

Our Manager: Firstly thank you Ryan for your work with others to achieve promotion in these difficult times.

Leaving the Club, clearly not something we want to see but Ryan is a young man starting on his management career and who are we to stop his trajectory if he wants this, Plymouth asked to speak to him we sanctioned but as far as I know he is still with Bury.

So what is the hold here i ask the club and Ryan?

If Ryan's heart isnt in it i rather he said no thanks and stopped wasting our time and we go theough the candidates and pic nother to hire. Its beginning to get very iffy for me.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 8:29 pm

If his heart wasn't in it Shorely he wouldn't bother coming to an interview would he? If he signs for us he's committed, if he doesn't sign it could mean any number of things. Lots of reading between the lines here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 8:30 pm

bury fc chairmans rant wrote:
All,

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

It is with sadness I find myself having to be wasting my time addressing rumours, internet trolls and gossip spread by people with agenda instead of doing all I can saving our Club as promised.

My initial reaction was to give all this media rubbish the credibility it deserves and not reply however I have been talked into a statement. Sorry for the without prejudice but necessary given pending legal actions.

Original Statement: I said clearly I would support as I could our football side and our being promoted with both our Ladies and Gents side validates that, I said I would do all I could to save the Club which would have closed in November last year, we're now in May so that’s working and is ongoing.

Fact: The Club was bust due to the previous owner’s tenure in fact turning out as it unfolded to be far worse than anyone could have known. NOBODY would have taken it on, I did and am being vilified by the same few trolls/persons with agenda for sorting a mess that I did not create.

Non Attendance at the Club: I thought it common knowledge I have an incurable form of Leukaemia as well as acute osteoarthritis, this renders me unable to leave my bed let alone home some days, I do however work tirelessly till all hours on my computer and phone to save our Club.

Regret: I didn’t clear out day one all the surplus staff from the Stewart Day era who are causing all this unpleasantness with their internet troll accomplices at our Club garnering there last chance of 5 minutes of perceived fame before they are removed and long forgotten.

Wages: I think I must make this abundantly clear, this is a horrible situation to be in, of course everybody needs to be paid but the Club cannot afford the level of employees it has, there is no magic wand here, certain people if they genuinely care about the Club would have left long ago knowing they were not adding value just draining a dead corpse. I was talked into using a local HR firm to deal with laying people off, they dragged the matter on some considerable weeks in doing so further hurting the Club incurring further wages for non-productive people it cannot pay, before saying “our business has been threatened if we do this job” they then sent the money back we paid to do the job, tells a story don’t you think. I can state I have now got a firm that will get on with the job in hand.

Staff: I hear all this rubbish about not being paid for months, that’s what it is RUBBISH wages have been paid every month in increments as we could (given our Bank is frozen) its all lies/propaganda being spread to cause unrest by certain people and I’m told who peddle it now on the radio, if the work I have been doing finalises by Fri/Tue all staff will be paid in full with NOTHING outstanding or owed, then our HR company can carry out what’s been needed months ago. So to those who the cap fits, enjoy your fame for the small window you have but be careful what you say as our Lawyers are ready and indeed other employers are watching your un-professional un-truthful actions. Finally I think it disgraceful that people who have been paid monthly have set up food banks, these were created for people in desperate need not to further propaganda you should be ashamed.

To the genuine Staff I thank you sincerely for your help and support.

Players: Firstly may I thank the Manager and the Players for their performance on the field you have made our fans proud. Once I realised the extent of the troubles and it was clear that making wages would not be possible I had talks with the League and the PFA where I explained the problems we were encountering, initially it was felt the Club could take out a loan but subsequently the PFA’s Lawyers vetoed that due to the perilous nature of the Club, they then offered to pay the players direct until we sorted the Clubs problems, this is where we are. Ideal, far from it but the tragic consequence of the actions of others. We are applying to the Court to release our bank again and that with the league’s help and season ticket sales should allow us to initially pay the balance owed to the players then repay the PFA for their very kind help.

Player Statement: I think the above addresses the truth of this matter without spin.

As for Contracts our very able Company Secretary dealt with this matter with Ryan Lowe so unsure why that was brought up?

As for not caring why do you think I am working 5am to 8pm and later every day, TO SORT THIS MESS I DID NOT MAKE. Not the actions of someone who doesn’t care.

I find it amazing when I’m told the players don’t need to speak to you yet I get called for doing exactly that, however I’m confused if he felt he needed clarity why did he not drop me an email asking the questions he needed answering, I’d have thought that more professional (but less in the media) and easier than going on the radio or doing statements with people who can’t help him?

It is my priority along with the winding up order to settle the playing staff as fast as we can and I can only apologise for the delay it’s not what I thought would happen, but if it can go wrong it will at Bury.

We want this resolving as fast as we can and I can assure the players it’s the last thing I want to break up our winning team I hope you can allow us to get the past cleared so next season there are no reoccurrences of the last few months, only our cut backs and prudent financial controls will achieve that.

Possible sale: We have had interest, unsure of what Mr Adams relates to but I know nothing of it, we have had one offer from a Canadian Company that is not suitable and rather onerous and I am in talks with two others one of which I feel would be a great fit, I will report if this progresses to a deal but for now it’s just talks. However I can confirm interested parties are concerned at the media/internet diatribe, well done you are jeopardising the sale of the Club.

Thanks

To Shaun Harvey at the league you will be missed you knew first-hand the running of a Club and the plight of owners, thanks to Nick and Tad for your help appreciated.

Thanks to Simon Barker at the PFA for your help and support.

May I thank the fellow Chairman’s for the support I have received they know better than anyone what a thankless task it is, a matter that surely needs addressing.

And our suppliers, thanks for your continued support.

Finally

Do not believe the few, it’s neither the truth or in the best interest of the Club, I will save the Club and pass on to the right person when they appear to be assured.

Regards

Steven D Dale

Chairman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 8:34 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
If his heart wasn't in it Shorely he wouldn't bother coming to an interview would he? If he signs for us he's committed, if he doesn't sign it could mean any number of things. Lots of reading between the lines here.

i imagine he's edging his bets keeping his powder dry looking around ready to pull the trigger if his preferred option falls through. I imagine the club is low balling also as we all know they dont like spending money so i agree its a number of things but i wager lowe wants to stay at bury and will only accept a job here if left with no choice and will use us as a shop window for another job and leave us at first chance.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 5:56 am

Why are we still prevaricating with this geezer. FFS one successful season with Bury and he's the messiah. How feckin low have we sunk at this club
Pay sodding Holloway what he wants Hallett !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 7:28 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Why are we still prevaricating with this geezer. FFS one successful season with Bury and he's the messiah. How feckin low have we sunk at this club
Pay sodding Holloway what he wants Hallett  !!!!!!!

Lowe & low.....did you see what you did there..... red card
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 7:42 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Pay sodding Holloway what he wants Hallett  !!!!!!!
30% certainly did lower expectations.  And hallett seems determined to keep those expectations low.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 8:06 am

I wanted Holloway but surely getting someone in who has got promoted within the last few weeks isn't a bad shout?

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 8:22 am

Saturday Service and Skynet on Pasoti saying announcement of Lowe today-

by Saturday Service
» Thu May 23, 2019 11:10 pm

Done deal announced tomorrow.

Lowe has been to the ground today disguised as a building contractor! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 8:56 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Saturday Service and Skynet on Pasoti saying announcement of Lowe today-

by Saturday Service
» Thu May 23, 2019 11:10 pm

Done deal announced tomorrow.

Lowe has been to the ground today disguised as a building contractor! Shocked

disguised as a contractor lol
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 9:02 am

Mook wrote:
I wanted Holloway but surely getting someone in who has got promoted within the last few weeks isn't a bad shout?

Zackly Mook. I'm fed up with recycled ex and old managers, new blood is the way to go and what's more I was prepared to be way, way, wayyyy more underwhelmed than his signing. (If it happens that is). Sadly I doubt we will have many team members who have tasted promotion as Lowe has but hopefully that will change.
Anyway contrary to popular belief we didn't just get relegated because of Adams, an absentee Chairman, obsession with prawn sandwiches and the mankover that in turn has led to bleeding the football side of any cash it needs to survive was a much bigger factor. Also if Hallett had pulled the trigger four or five games earlier I'm sure we'd still be in league 1. If the chairman and board don't take the massive kick up the arse handed to them recently and use it to spur them on to put the football first it wouldn't matter whether we had Pep or Klopp in we will struggle again. Also don't be surprised at another year or two of survival and consolidation budgets whilst they limp along with the grandstand.
I'm frankly amazed at how easily the board have deflected all criticism of their shite handling of the club this season whereby the majority of the fan base seem to pin all the success or failure of the club on one man. I'm still more pissed off with the players downing tools until the Scunny game than I am with Adams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 10:15 am

If Lowe is on the verge of joining us any day/week/month/year does it strike anyone else as strange he is still liking and retweeting bury fc related posts on twitter including one this morning?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle
Page 5 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next