Punchdrunk
Bob Crow
argyl3
7 posters
AuthorMessage
argyl3

argyl3

Oxford United in Financial woes Empty
PostSubject: Oxford United in Financial woes   Oxford United in Financial woes EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 11:58 am

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/17550503.oxford-united-served-with-winding-up-petition-from-landlords-firoka/
https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/oxfordunited/usnews/17543082.oxford-united-settle-overdue-wages-for-staff/

Winding up order (5 Now I think) in one season, and with that about staff being paid late in March as well.

Hopefully this isn't another club being run badly, they are supposed to be minted (Or at least their owner is)

I reckon they will go into Admin either before the season ends or during close season when money is really tight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United in Financial woes   Oxford United in Financial woes EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 1:35 pm

I bet they pay their administrators and I bet the staff get paid their wedge straight away. I bet unsecured creditors get more than 0.6pence in the pound.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United in Financial woes   Oxford United in Financial woes EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Bolton are knee deep in the brown stuff too. Players refusing to train as the club's admin staff have not been paid.
£1.2m tax liability due next week or they face a winding up petition by HMRC.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United in Financial woes   Oxford United in Financial woes EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 6:33 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
Bolton are knee deep in the brown stuff too. Players refusing to train as the club's admin staff have not been paid.
£1.2m tax liability due next week or they face a winding up petition by HMRC.

Sounds like they need some charity nights to raise some cash and free buses laid on.

I know just the man.

lol! laugh
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United in Financial woes   Oxford United in Financial woes EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 8:21 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
I bet they pay their administrators and I bet the staff get paid their wedge straight away. I bet unsecured creditors get more than 0.6pence in the pound.

0.06% in the pound actually
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United in Financial woes   Oxford United in Financial woes EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 8:35 am

zyph wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

0.06% in the pound actually

Pence in the pound you mean.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United in Financial woes   Oxford United in Financial woes EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 8:53 am

it worked out to 7/10th of one penny in the £ in the end as the pitch installers were paid £3,500 for a £500,000 pitch.
Unbelievably they've kept on servicing the pitch since then despite Brent shafting them
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United in Financial woes   Oxford United in Financial woes EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 12:51 pm

£650k pitch.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United in Financial woes   Oxford United in Financial woes EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 3:47 pm

I see the likely new owner of Bolton, ex-Watford owner Laurence Bassini, has been twice bankrupt and banned from running a football club (by the FA) for 3 years in 2013 for financial misconduct. Worrying for them...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47827066

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United in Financial woes   Oxford United in Financial woes Empty

Back to top Go down

Oxford United in Financial woes
Page 1 of 1