seadog
Sir Francis Drake
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

Steve Nicholson RIP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Nicholson RIP   Steve Nicholson RIP - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 8:54 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Elias wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Word reached me tonight that Steve passed away today.

He was one of the Good Guys.

Argyleworld is a little bit worse for his passing.

Respect, fella, and thanks.

I knew Steve, he formed PASTA. I joined him and Dave Pay not that long after they formed the group.

He was a good lad, we used to play football against rival fans and one memorable game was at Colchester for the first game of the season. We thought to ourselves this lot look good, we found out after that we had played a Diadorra League side.

RIP Steve.

Seem to recall Mansfield used to be a very good side too.
Think my debut that season was at Chester a Fortnight later.
Happy days

Pretty sure I played for Argyle fans against Mansfield up at Staddy Heights one season. We won, but I got the impression that they might have been better than us, if they weren't in the middle of a 4-day stag party bender.

Trust me they were a different proposition at Mansfield 16-1 we lost once, I was in bloody goal!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Steve Nicholson RIP   Steve Nicholson RIP - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 6:57 pm

Elias wrote:
MikeWN wrote:
Elias wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Word reached me tonight that Steve passed away today.

He was one of the Good Guys.

Argyleworld is a little bit worse for his passing.

Respect, fella, and thanks.

I knew Steve, he formed PASTA. I joined him and Dave Pay not that long after they formed the group.

He was a good lad, we used to play football against rival fans and one memorable game was at Colchester for the first game of the season. We thought to ourselves this lot look good, we found out after that we had played a Diadorra League side.

RIP Steve.

Seem to recall Mansfield used to be a very good side too.
Think my debut that season was at Chester a Fortnight later.
Happy days

Pretty sure I played for Argyle fans against Mansfield up at Staddy Heights one season. We won, but I got the impression that they might have been better than us, if they weren't in the middle of a 4-day stag party bender.

Trust me they were a different proposition at Mansfield 16-1 we lost once, I was in bloody goal!

You will know Roger Hutchinson and his daughter, Diane, then. They were pivotal PASTA members. There were a few in the group by the time I left in '98. Dave Pay and myself went to Orient away, a fixture Argyle had not won at for years. What joy it was then that Argyle went on to win and releasing wild celebrations from we fans there. The journey home was highly memorable.

My first game was against Bristol Rovers lads, we played well and beat them.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Steve Nicholson RIP   Steve Nicholson RIP - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 8:31 pm

Yes I do, haven't seen Diane for about 20 years now, can't recall last time I saw roger.
Does dave still go to matches?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Steve Nicholson RIP   Steve Nicholson RIP - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 11:07 am

Elias wrote:
Yes I do, haven't seen Diane for about 20 years now, can't recall last time I saw roger.

I have not seen Dave for over 20 years either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Nicholson RIP   Steve Nicholson RIP - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 3:26 pm

Elias wrote:

I remember Roger having an almighty problem with Mickey Evans. The days when pasoti was a subversive, irreverent and genuinely fun form. Before it got hijacked by leg shagging
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Nicholson RIP   Steve Nicholson RIP - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steve Nicholson RIP
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2