Mock Cuncher
Freathy
Tringreen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Who's goin Sunderland ? Empty
PostSubject: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 12:28 am

I find it all very sad and telling, when Argo fans get moist at such visits to 'big' clubs.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 7:42 am

And don't mind losing to 'big clubs' in the same division.  "We never expected anything there, they'm [insert big club here]"

We're Plymouth Argo - we'll always be shit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 8:35 am

To give you an example, our record against Leeds in the championship was P6 W0 D1 L5
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 9:06 am

It'd be worthwhile if they were like, Bristol far away. You could play the role of plucky local underdogs desperate to bloody the noses of our bigger rivals. But...yer know...Sunderland give zero shits about us. We have no real reason to go there other than to gawk at how big their half full ground is.

I guess we smashed Sheff Weds up at Hillsborough under $turrock that Tuesday night. I cant think of any other 'big name' scalp we have taken in the lower tiers.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 10:44 am

Sunderland away - that's a long old poke innit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 11:02 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
It'd be worthwhile if they were like, Bristol far away. You could play the role of plucky local underdogs desperate to bloody the noses of our bigger rivals. But...yer know...Sunderland give zero shits about us. We have no real reason to go there other than to gawk at how big their half full ground is.

I guess we smashed Sheff Weds up at Hillsborough under $turrock that Tuesday night. I cant think of any other 'big name' scalp we have taken in the lower tiers.

Beating Middlesbrough away felt like a scalp at the time
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 11:57 pm

Laughing at Norwich and Southampton when they were strugglers and we were rising under Holloway.

Both have decent stadia and top flight cemented fanbases. We had outclassed Stapes and co buying the land. It was always going to end badly but try telling that to the average Aviva.

'Shut up and enjoy the ride Tringie '................. laugh
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 11:59 am

Tringreen wrote:
Laughing at Norwich and Southampton when they were strugglers and we were rising under Holloway.

Both have decent stadia and top flight cemented fanbases. We had outclassed Stapes and co buying the land. It was always going to end badly but try telling that to the average Aviva.

It's not in the average greenie's psyche to perhaps consider that PAFC could one day be considered a 'big' club. Sheep
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 12:53 pm

I'm not going cause I'm not a proper fan.....(apparently) feckin janners
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 8:28 am

akagreengull wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

It's not in the average greenie's psyche to perhaps consider that PAFC could one day be considered a 'big' club. Sheep

Don't want to be a big club... notferuz....too many plaaaastics..when we wuz in the championship we only gut 13000 home to Norwich,
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 5:38 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Beating Middlesbrough away felt like a scalp at the time

We beat Sunderland 3-2 away in 2006.

That season we also beat Norwich (twice), Coventry (twice), Derby (at home), Crystal Palace (twice), Luton (twice) and Hull (twice). Other wins were achieved against less esteemed opposition.

Do any of them count as a scalp?

Seems like a lifetime ago now but that Palace away win was probably the best I have ever seen us play. It was only 1-0 in the end but we just crushed them. They never had a sniff.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 5:45 pm

In 2007 we played Norwich at home in Holloway's last game as manager.

Beat 'em 3-0.

11,222 paid to watch it.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 4:01 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Beat 'em 3-0.

11,222 paid to watch it.

And your point is ?

I was 'informed' in my dying days as a contributor on the farm via a pm , by a director AKA Iddlesleigh Green, that Holloway had been promised by Stapes that he'd seek investment to back a promotion push. He found out that day v Norwich that the fringe had done nothing and the dye was cast for the end of the dream.Of course, he was probably just using me as one of the few on Napoleon's Farm who wouldn't shut up, trust in stapes, year on year progress, we don't want to be like Cardiff and enjoy the ride. He knew I'd pass on the 'news' to the faithful lol

I've always been of the opinion that the wider potential fanbase, invariably seem to know when the owners lack the class to back a manager, are too selfish to let go and that it's all about to go tits up at the Theatre of Schemes.

The current gang are no better. They've been smart enough to entertain a few wannabes, who in turn help brainwash the janner faithful into acceptance of mediocrity, both on and off the pitch.

It's now a going nowhere, patched up, Janner Milking Machine.

Enjoy the ride if you're a mug.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 8:42 am

Tringreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Beat 'em 3-0.

11,222 paid to watch it.

And your point is ?

I was 'informed' in my dying days as a contributor on the farm via a pm , by a director AKA Iddlesleigh Green, that Holloway had been promised by Stapes that he'd seek investment to back a promotion push. He found out that day v Norwich that the fringe had done nothing and the dye was cast for the end of the dream.Of course, he was probably just using me as one of the few on Napoleon's Farm who wouldn't shut up, trust in stapes, year on year progress, we don't want to be like Cardiff and enjoy the ride. He knew I'd pass on the 'news' to the faithful lol

I've always been of the opinion that the wider potential fanbase, invariably seem to know when the owners lack the class to back a manager, are too selfish to let go and that it's all about to go tits up at the Theatre of Schemes.

The current gang are no better. They've been smart enough to entertain a few wannabes, who in turn help brainwash the janner faithful into acceptance of mediocrity, both on and off the pitch.

It's now a going nowhere, patched up, Janner Milking Machine.

Enjoy the ride if you're a mug.

What cracks me up is that the gullible will argue long and hard with you that sustainability is the only way forward at the same time arguing that we have no other choice than gambling seven or eight million on new dining facilities yet invest that seven or eight million in the team and we'd almost certainly have enough to get to the CCC which would probably pay for the mankover. Brainwashed muppets seem to have forgotten the league table we should be following is the EFL one and not director wealth tables. Baaaaaa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 12:03 pm

Feudalism and cap doffing is ingrained in Plymouth. You can see it in Graisers posts attempting to explain why its taken over a year to put a few walls up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 10:45 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Feudalism and cap doffing is ingrained in Plymouth. You can see it in Graisers posts attempting to explain why its taken over a year to put a few walls up.

Bugger me when you get it wrong you get it wrong don’t you, I’ve not been attempting to explain why it’s taken however long it’s taken, I’m trying to state doubling up on resources doesn’t necessary mean doubling up the output within the same timescales, I’m sorry if you and a few others don’t wish to see it that way but frankly I could anticipate the responses which spew out the same old same old mantra.
Don’t take me seriously and I don’t care but some of the crap being posted on here is puzzling, no planning permission we’re told, so I go to the match expecting to see nothing but instead see walls being constructed, strengthening works carried out to the existing girders, strengthening girders being installed, scaffolding erected, changing rooms being built, haul roads under construction (which the great and the good implied cranes and heavy lorries wouldn’t get by), probably more I can’t see and today’s announcement the car park is closed due to heavy haulage lorries delivering some big stuff, so how does this heavily publicised and photographed work happen without planning permission being granted, how does that happen?
Whether it’s taking too long I wouldn’t know I’m not a builder but perhaps the time to have a pop at the delivery of the project is when it’s not completed to the programmed date.
But you all carry on with your playground posts from planet zog and I’ll stay on my own planet.
Have a nice night.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 11:35 pm

Graiser wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Bugger me when you get it wrong you get it wrong don’t you, I’ve not been attempting to explain why it’s taken however long it’s taken, I’m trying to state doubling up on resources doesn’t necessary mean doubling up the output within the same timescales, I’m sorry if you and a few others don’t wish to see it that way but frankly I could anticipate the responses which spew out the same old same old mantra.
Don’t take me seriously and I don’t care but some of the crap being posted on here is puzzling, no planning permission we’re told, so I go to the match expecting to see nothing but instead see walls being constructed, strengthening works carried out to the existing girders, strengthening girders being installed, scaffolding erected, changing rooms being built, haul roads under construction (which the great and the good implied cranes and heavy lorries wouldn’t get by), probably more I can’t see and today’s announcement the car park is closed due to heavy haulage lorries delivering some big stuff, so how does this heavily publicised and photographed work happen without planning permission being granted, how does that happen?
Whether it’s taking too long I wouldn’t know I’m not a builder but perhaps the time to have a pop at the delivery of the project is when it’s not completed to the programmed date.
But you all carry on with your playground posts from planet zog and I’ll stay on my own planet.
Have a nice night.

Graiser collects the ball in acres of space and lazily lobs his own keeper, back of the net.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 12:02 am

laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 10:46 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Have a nice night.

Graiser collects the ball in acres of space and lazily lobs his own keeper, back of the net.

And earwig avoids the question and resorts to the usual shite
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 10:01 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Have a nice night.

And earwig avoids the question and resorts to the usual shite

Rubbish. The "program date" has been put back at least two or three times already, the club shop had at least three false start openings yet I'm supposed to wait until it actually opens to mention this? Why cant you just accept that the whole project has run over already, massively and that's using the clubs finishing dates not mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's goin Sunderland ?   Who's goin Sunderland ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's goin Sunderland ?
Page 1 of 1