seadog
Earwegoagain
Cornish Rebel
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Yea Man

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 7:50 am

Rickler wrote:
seadog wrote:
A spray of epoxy paint and it will look good as new and match perfectly.

Not even that...  Just wash it.

...and the top of the cladding is obviously just waiting to be trimmed to match the roofline.

Lol..  "Optical illusion".

That's the obvious bit but to some it's another "failure" hence my comment lol!

Time to admit that Hallet has actually delivered and delivered a pretty decent makeover of the old stand.

Some can't though because of the obsession with finding a conspiracy in everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 8:31 am

It'll be alreeet.

Although it's not what some wanted (i,e corners) or were lead to believe we would get, but, it's a million times better than we had - and pretty decent for a fourth division ground. Once it's finished, cleaned up, branding placed around and the snag team are finished it'll look pretty smart.

I look forward to sitting back in the Moanflower on the half-way line so I can throw pasties at officials and certain away managers.

Some peeps would do well to remember how far we've progressed since -30% fecked off. Can't fault Hallet for his input so-far.

Fluck me. I sound like a pioneer! pig
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 8:53 am

Back on the Devonport end this morning, put the last of the opaque cladding on. I think that the difference with the wings at this  end with none at the Barn Park end is not to block more of a view of the pitch for more of the seating area.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 9:41 am

P.O.I wrote:
It'll be alreeet.

Although it's not what some wanted (i,e corners) or were lead to believe we would get, but, it's a million times better than we had - and pretty decent for a fourth division ground. Once it's finished, cleaned up, branding placed around and the snag team are finished it'll look pretty smart.

I look forward to sitting back in the Moanflower on the half-way line so I can throw pasties at officials and certain away managers.

Some peeps would do well to remember how far we've progressed since -30% fecked off. Can't fault Hallet for his input so-far.

Fluck me. I sound like a pioneer! pig

Who let in the aviva? Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 10:34 am

Half the problem is Brent initially promised a brand new stand for free. Now it's ended up being a makeover of the existing one so its understandable people are miffed.

But credit where credits due it doesn't look too bad.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Half the problem is Brent initially promised a brand new stand for free. Now it's ended up being a makeover of the existing one so its understandable people are miffed.

Brent was simply a Walter Mitty. We are massively lucky PAFC didn’t become embroiled in the general meltdown of the Brent business empire. I guess the fact there were other influences and (small) part ownerships still involved at Argyle that contributed to us not going under.

If I could credit Brent with one thing, it’s being long-sighted enough to realise exactly where his shares cash-in was always going to come from - Simon Hallett. So even then, it’s purely a coin turning exercise for Brent, but the upshoot is we now have someone personally invested in a big way into our football club, rather than some chancer whose end game was always purely to make money from PAFC.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 1:42 pm

All things considered,

It doesn't look too bad

Least it's been done now.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 5:47 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Rickler wrote:
seadog wrote:
A spray of epoxy paint and it will look good as new and match perfectly.

Not even that...  Just wash it.

...and the top of the cladding is obviously just waiting to be trimmed to match the roofline.

Lol..  "Optical illusion".

That's the obvious bit but to some it's another "failure" hence my comment lol!

Time to admit that Hallet has actually delivered and delivered a pretty decent makeover of the old stand.

Some can't though because of the obsession with finding a conspiracy in everything.

Tbh it's always been my preferred option its the way its been run that's been a bug bear to me, true Brent if mainly to blame for that but it's been truly shocking how it's been understaffed and obviously lacking in direction.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 6:14 pm

What is happening with the main exit at the Devonport end? Still a load of ugly green hoardings impeding the egress from the stadium.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 6:05 am

Yea Man wrote:

Farm agitator Actionjackson thinks otherwise

" It looks like a Cowshed."

lol!

Forest of Dean Green adds.....

"Will reserve judgment until it is finished but the dark corrugated facade gives a hint of an agricultural building for sure"

laugh

Ritual slaughter indeed

Last edited by harvetheslayer on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 6:08 am

Looking at the photos of that supporters bar they look light years from being finished anytime soon. I had no idea what McGuire or Graham Clark looked like either. Which one was GC ?? Am assuming the taller one ??
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 7:53 am

Really do not like the refurbished mayflower.  Too short length wise with a way too small roof which is trying to look like a cantilever roof but failing miserably. Should have completely demolished the old one, excavated the whole area right back and built a proper 2 tier full length stand up from the same level of the horseshoe.  If "Stage 2" was ever done (which it won't be) it may look passable but as it is - it's rubbish.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 7:56 am

You wouldn't be saying that if you could sip filter coffee at 50p a pop with free refills.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 9:57 am

Freathy wrote:
Really do not like the refurbished mayflower.  Too short length wise with a way too small roof which is trying to look like a cantilever roof but failing miserably. Should have completely demolished the old one, excavated the whole area right back and built a proper 2 tier full length stand up from the same level of the horseshoe.  If "Stage 2" was ever done (which it won't be) it may look passable but as it is - it's rubbish.

Have to agree to a point. It is so far below what has been promised since the days of the shitting tradium. the 3/4 length grandstand looks like its shrunk in the wash and the pillars and uncovered areas are silly in this day and age.

In saying that however it will nice to have a properly 4 sided ground again for the first time in 10 years, and obviously its a huge improvement aesthetically on the crumbling eyesore of "old gal". Its just when you remember, that's what we've got for a generation at least.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 1:05 pm

Yes its 100% better than what we had everyone agrees however its absolute shight and then some.
Its a complete mess looks like the quadrent around boobys garden is remaining and with Bungos Tardis showing no desire to be moved (despite the bungo saying otherwise) it looks plainly awful
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 3:22 pm

That cladding is appalling, looks worse than the old stuff they took off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 3:38 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Have to agree to a point. It is so far below what has been promised since the days of the shitting tradium. the 3/4 length grandstand looks like its shrunk in the wash and the pillars and uncovered areas are silly in this day and age.

In saying that however it will nice to have a properly 4 sided ground again for the first time in 10 years, and obviously its a huge improvement aesthetically on  the crumbling eyesore of "old gal". Its just when you remember, that's what we've got for a generation at least.

Aye, that's my biggest pisser. Then corners. Then pillars. Then materials used.Evil or Very Mad

No amount of frothing is going to changer anything, unfortunately. We're stuck with it for gawd knows how long, so I have almost given up moaning about it. Well, nearly! Laughing
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 3:44 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

Clearly its going to be painted at some point. Hopefully not that green it currently is
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 5:30 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Clearly its going to be painted at some point. Hopefully not that green it currently is

I’d be pretty confident in saying painting green cladding isn’t in the plan.

It does look extremely ‘agricultural’ though. I was hoping for something that at least looked aesthetically easy on the eye looking at the back of it, with a large amount of glass and steel. (Steel coloured steel)

Hopefully internally it’ll be brought into the 21st century, because externally it looks like a newly built stand would have looked 40 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 5:49 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

It does look extremely ‘agricultural’ though. I was hoping for something that at least looked aesthetically easy on the eye looking at the back of it, with a large amount of glass and steel. (Steel coloured steel)

Hopefully internally it’ll be brought into the 21st century, because externally it looks like a newly built stand would have looked 40 years ago.

Best we can hope for is that somebody has the foresight to paint it silver or even white, if it stays as is it'll be a travesty.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 5:59 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the cladding is a result of those on the 'advisory group' who wanted as much of the "Leitch style" kept as possible for the new grandstand.

It is also probably the cheapest option, which would suit Brent down to the ground when he had it designed.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 7:54 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Best we can hope for is that somebody has the foresight to paint it silver or even white, if it stays as is it'll be a travesty.

Nope it would be ludicrous. Halletts got good sense. If he thinks it looks shit (and it does) I reckon he'll sort it by whatever means before its finished next decade whenever.

By the way I need nominations for Charities. Wozzer Bowden will owe me £10,000 on January 1st (unless Hallett knocks existing redevelopment completely down and builds a new stand by December 31st) and as per 2015 wager I said I would donate it all to charity should I win.....I havent forgotten and nor has Wozzer  

lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 8:09 am

Rickler wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the cladding is a result of those on the 'advisory group' who wanted as much of the "Leitch style" kept as possible for the new grandstand.  

It is also probably the cheapest option, which would suit Brent down to the ground when he had it designed.
Those people have a lot to answer for! Troglodytes!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 8:15 am

Freathy wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Brent may have designed it Hallett is having it fitted.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 1:39 pm

Freathy wrote:
Rickler wrote:

There is a special place in hell reserved for those bastards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next