Mock Cuncher
Earwegoagain
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Millwall   Millwall EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 7:33 pm

lol! That was funny. Millwall score with a deliberate handball, ref nor Lino saw it but then they are playing the incident on the big screen with Millwall manager screaming at the comms guys, "switch it off for folks sake!"
Back to top Go down

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 9:07 pm

video doing the rounds of millwall fans doing their best to live up to their stereotype. singing racist songs.
Back to top Go down

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 8:52 am

There are videos going round of it going off in the streets around Surrey Quays station. Not that I condone this sort of thing but you have to say fair play to Everton for turning up in force Not many of them do outside of London. one of their supporters got slashed which is out of order and I hope they identify the perpetrator and he gets time

I think anyone thats been will know its a totally different experience to any other football ground in the country.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 9:08 am

I went when we were in the Championship.

They were at a low ebb, but it was a non-intimidating experience not much different from any other, tbh. I think it finished 1-1, Pericard scored.

I was chatting to a Cov supporting friend (not really a friend, more just a person I know who supports them) who regaled that Pericard, as a striker who represented Stoke, Pompey, Juve, us, Swindon, and a few others, scored a fifth of his career goals against them in just an hour of football.

Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 9:48 am

I was at that one and also when they beat us 3 0 around the same time, we beat them 2 1 I think a few years before and that was well different atmosphere. I've got some mates in Bermondsy and the after match drinking was something else. A guy tried to sell me a taser and said he could get grenades from the Polaks if I wanted.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 10:21 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
There are videos going round of it going off in the streets around Surrey Quays station. Not that I condone this sort of thing but you have to say fair play to Everton for turning up in force Not many of them do outside of London.  one of their supporters got slashed which is out of order and I hope they identify the perpetrator and he gets time

I think anyone thats been will know its a totally different experience to any other football ground in the country.

The New Den is only pussycats compared with the original Den in the 1960's....walking away down Cold Blow Lane under the railway arches was a no fun....back to the car parked by Deptford Park.

They were all docker's in those days.....now it's all up market Canary Wharf etc... and dockers are a rare breed in South London these days.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 12:04 pm

zyph wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
There are videos going round of it going off in the streets around Surrey Quays station. Not that I condone this sort of thing but you have to say fair play to Everton for turning up in force Not many of them do outside of London.  one of their supporters got slashed which is out of order and I hope they identify the perpetrator and he gets time

The New Den is only pussycats compared with the original Den in the 1960's....walking away down Cold Blow Lane under the railway arches was a no fun....back to the car parked by Deptford Park.

They were all docker's in those days.....now it's all up market Canary Wharf etc... and dockers are a rare breed in South London these days.

We had to get let out of a gate in the segregation fence one year as we'd parked in Zampa Rd. any pussies would have been drowned in a sack. IMO it rivals Cardiff, Bristol and Pompey.
Went to the Old Den in the eighties and it was a different experience without the segregation outside.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 2:03 pm

Come the 80's things had been literally brought under control from the hooliganism of the 60/70's era.

I always remember a group of Lion teenagers looking around the ground at the final whistle for anyone wearing green....and a big duffle coated Docker got hold of one of them around the throat by his scarf and told him to behave....talk about crawling away with your tail between your legs, that was the famous Jan 1967 win.
Back to top Go down

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 2:47 pm

zyph wrote:
Come the 80's things had been literally brought under control from the hooliganism of the 60/70's era.

I always remember a group of Lion teenagers looking around the ground at the final whistle for anyone wearing green....and a big duffle coated Docker got hold of one of them around the throat by his scarf and told him to behave....talk about crawling away with your tail between your legs, that was the famous Jan 1967 win.

You have got to be feckin jocking haven't you?

1985 was the absolute pinnacle of hooliganism. Leeds at Birmingham City, Liverpool V United at Goodison Park, Heysel, Millwall rioting on the TV at Kenilworth Road....

Interesting use of "literally"

Last edited by Hugh Watt on Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 2:53 pm

Come the 80's things had been literally brought under control
lol!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 3:00 pm

Me me larf for the first time ever.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 4:11 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Come the 80's things had been literally brought under control
lol!

The only thing Xippy can be referring to is fences being put up. Because yeah, the 80’s were Halcyon days for your active terrace hooligan. Ninian Park and the wastelands that surrounded it stands out in the memory most. Total bandit country every time I went there.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 5:40 pm

Think he refers to segregation reducing the violence, maybe segregation made the violence more vicious hence the deaths.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 5:57 pm

Probably because the last match he went to was in the sixties.
Back to top Go down

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 6:19 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Probably because the last match he went to was in the sixties.

1860's! Banana
Back to top Go down

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 6:55 pm

Been to Old Den and stood on Coldblow Lane End v Sunderland 70's and a game at Swindon - had a bit of a thing about them. Gran born on Old Kent Road, mum In Peckham - grandad from Brixton used to take nan to Millwall. Also 2 Argyle games at the New Den. Scary place if you are not careful - if you make it back to London Bridge in one piece, breath a sigh of relief!!
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 7:38 pm

[quote="Earwegoagain"]Probably because the last match he went to was in the sixties.[/qu

Oh dear... how funny you are, have you got a few more jokes like that....you could get them into print.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 7:58 pm

I went to Millwall v Everton in a league cup match back in the late 90s. On the train from London Bridge to South Bermondsey Millwall fans and Everton fans exchanging some quite unsavoury sectarian chants. Train journey was only about 10 minutes but seemed like 10 hours.
Back to top Go down

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 10:35 pm

Elias wrote:
Think he refers to segregation reducing the violence,  maybe segregation made the violence more vicious hence the deaths.

Bit easier to aim darts and sharpened 50 pees at travelling supporters when they are all in the same place.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 10:15 am

So it looks like the guy who had his face slashed was an Everton hooligan who had gone to Millwall for trouble so I wont be losing much sleep over it. Wimbledon have the pleasure of hosting Millwall in the next round. Luckily it wasnt Chelsea or Pompey. That could have got messy
Back to top Go down

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 10:21 am

I think to be fair the Police are usually prepared for London derbies and manage them fairly well, I guess they weren't expecting such a show from Everton. Pompey aren't what they were in the 80s by a long shot.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 10:46 am

Millwall v West Ham is the dream ticket for the hoolies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millwall   Millwall Empty

Back to top Go down

Millwall
Page 1 of 1