MikeWN
harvetheslayer
Mock Cuncher
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 5:15 pm

53% possession 1 shot on target is a disgrace!

Adams need the bullet, but there isn't anyone to fire it accurately

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 5:15 pm

adams out,
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 5:16 pm

We obviously can't get anything against Posh or Pompey. So that leaves us going into the run-in firmly in the bottom 4. Still hallett and adams saw no reason to strengthen in the Jan window so that's fine.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 5:47 pm

"It's not all about results" SH
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 5:58 pm

Grovehill wrote:
53% possession 1 shot on target is a disgrace!

Adams need the bullet, but there isn't anyone to fire it accurately

We are a small minority in the fan base that want him gone,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 9:17 pm

oxford and bristol rovers have 2 games in hand over us oxford are 3 points behind. False dawns being believed by graiser are premature as stated by others.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 9:29 pm

least it looks like some of the teams around us will be distracted by the fa cup fifth round,
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 7:01 am

Suspect the Avivas once they grasp the nettle wont be so relaxed this morning. Points on board but precarious position with the games in hand

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 7:58 am

But also seven clubs above us within 6pts....and three of them have played the same amount of games as us....so not that bleak.... Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 8:07 am

zyph wrote:
But also seven clubs above us within 6pts....and three of them have played the same amount of games as us....so not that bleak.... Rolling Eyes .

Edited for realism
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 8:54 am

Swings and roundabouts. I haven’t seen anybody say we’re safe yet but the fact is we are in with as good a chance as anybody of avoiding the drop. As recently as Boxing Day we lost against Wimbledon to go bottom. Walking out of there, I thought we were down. The fact we’ve climbed out of the bottom 4 is a minor miracle. We might drop back in there more than once but we are very much in the survival mix.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 8:57 am

zyph wrote:

Maybe you should take off those green tinted specs and get a prescription of reality pills. raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 9:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Having listened to the game, for once I agree with Errorington. Heard DA getting himself worked up about the Wycombe time wasting - all part of the script Derek.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 11:04 am

zyph wrote:

I quite agree. I hope we don't waste any money trying to improve this magnificent squad of players.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 11:07 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Swings and roundabouts. I haven’t seen anybody say we’re safe yet but the fact is we are in with as good a chance as anybody of avoiding the drop. As recently as Boxing Day we lost against Wimbledon to go bottom. Walking out of there, I thought we were down. The fact we’ve climbed out of the bottom 4 is a minor miracle. We might drop back in there more than once but we are very much in the survival mix.

I've thought for a while now that it will all come down to who wins or loses the last two or three games of the season, deffo going to be some yo yoing.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 11:11 am

akagreengull wrote:
zyph wrote:

Maybe you should take off those green tinted specs and get a prescription of reality pills. raised eyebrow

Look aka....what part of what I said wasn't based on fact....try to deal with reality instead of your own twisted view of PAFC.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 12:00 pm

Went yesterday and 1st half, at times, we desperately defended the goal and was lucky to go into the break only 1 down. 2nd half we were better but with Wycombe players falling down like they had been shot,like their goalkeeper and the ref falling for it every time the minutes just ran out.

When will Argyle and their fans learn that when we are against people like Akinfenwa,
a) you need to have someone on him at all times and someone who can match him for pushing around others
b) fans calling him a fat bastard only encourages him to do all he can to piss us off.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 12:23 pm

Poor result, but let's not start getting a semi. Games in hand are potentially useful in a promotion race, but gimme points in hand when you're in a relegation scrap. The teams around us aren't at the bottom because they win every other game.

An experienced, commanding centre back would be fantastic. I'm not holding my breath though. With the current squad, I still think we're lower mid-table. Oh, the glamour!
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 12:45 pm

For the shortest month February's gonna seem like a long one cos I just can't see many points coming our way.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 2:18 pm

akagreengull wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Having listened to the game, for once I agree with Errorington. Heard DA getting himself worked up about the Wycombe time wasting - all part of the script Derek.

just more of his excuses, cause he's clearly out of ideas and depth in league 1,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 2:32 pm

God Adams gets worse

Akinfenwa is always a threat isn't he and he was again today. He's a hard man to stop.

DA: He didn't do anything in the football match. He won a few flick ons etc, but I don't see him having any real opportunities on goal.

In the second half there were lots of chants from your fans saying ‘Same old Wycombe allways cheating’. It’s a strong accusation, accusing people of cheating, did they cheat?

DA: You can’t use that word in the game. I’m very surprised as a journalist that you have used that word.

That’s a dangerous word to use. I would try and take that back from how you used it.

CE: I was just referencing what the fans were singing.

DA: Okay. It’s a very dangerous word to use.

CE: I would never accuse anyone of cheating but there is gamesmanship that goes on in football isn’t there?

DA: Well, today there was a lot of time-wasting. You can’t have two medical staff taking their time going off the pitch.

You can’t have a goalkeeper going down as many times. You can’t have him having the ball in his hands for over six seconds a good number of times.

Ity just can’t be allowed, and officials have got to stop that.

Today Scott Oldham didn’t stop it. He allowed it to happen. Their substituted players walked off the football pitch – that can’t happen.

There was no urgency from the official to get them off the pitch, and that’s not right.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 5:43 pm

Can't see a lot wrong with that tbh?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 7:32 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Can't see a lot wrong with that tbh?

There's not a lot wrong with it - unless you have an obsessive hatred of the manager.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 7:57 pm

zyph wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
zyph wrote:

Look aka....what part of what I said wasn't based on fact....try to deal with reality instead of your own twisted view of PAFC.

look Zyph, your points comment is fact, the view of "not that bleak" is subjective as is my view of PAFC is "twisted". I have believed from day one of the season that DA has assembled a relegation squad (for many reasons) and consistently said so and my view hasn't changed. I sincerely hope my view is incorrect, but if Argyle are relegated it is another damming indictment of Brent/Hallett and a large percentage of the eternally grateful fanbase.
As always we shall see. cheers
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 9:04 pm

akagreengull wrote:
zyph wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
zyph wrote:

look Zyph, your points comment is fact, the view of "not that bleak" is subjective as is my view of PAFC is "twisted". I have believed from day one of the season that DA has assembled a relegation squad (for many reasons) and consistently said so and my view hasn't changed. I sincerely hope my view is incorrect, but if Argyle are relegated it is another damming indictment of Brent/Hallett and a large percentage of the eternally grateful fanbase.
As always we shall see. cheers

Can't show dissent either bungo will ban you from the ground
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe vs Argyle   Wycombe vs Argyle - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wycombe vs Argyle
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next