Earwegoagain
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 9:43 am

Cardiffs record £15m striker who has just signed from Nantes is believed to be on a plane that went into the channel near Guernsey last night. Only a young lad, what a gutter.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 10:25 am

Confirmed he was on the plane..
Hope there's a good outcome of this .
Back to top Go down

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 11:30 am

That's terrible! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 11:47 am

He's gone. It would be a miracle to survive for this long in the winter seas. You can only hope it was quick. Thoughts go to others on the plane as well.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 12:55 pm

You're probably right.

Thoughts with all family of those on the plane.
Back to top Go down

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 4:12 pm

What a bugger that is, hope there’s a happy outcome but suspect there won’t be.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 4:27 pm

Dreadful news for all concerned. I wouldn't have liked to be the one who told Warnock. "Hey boss you know our club record signing who was going to score the goals to keep us up.........
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 4:37 pm

Big Robby wrote:
Dreadful news for all concerned. I wouldn't have liked to be the one who told Warnock. "Hey boss you know our club record signing who was going to score the goals to keep us up.........

Dreadful news.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 4:40 pm

Was looking forward to see him in the pl with his scoring record in france,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 5:46 pm

17:41
Latest updates
Police admit chances of survival are 'slim'
A number of floating objects have been spotted in the water
Search suspended for the evening
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 5:47 pm

Guernsey Police
@GuernseyPolice
1/2

During the course of the 15-hour search, which used multiple air and sea assets from the Channel Islands, UK and France, a number of floating objects have been seen in the water. We have been unable to confirm whether any of these are from the missing aircraft.We have found no signs of those on board. If they did land on the water, the chances of survival are at this stage, unfortunately, slim.

Two planes and a lifeboat are still searching.

A decision about an overnight search will be taken shortly
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 7:04 am

RIP

The body recovered from the wreckage of a crashed plane is that of Cardiff City player Emiliano Sala, Dorset Police have said.

Sala, 28, was travelling to Cardiff in a plane piloted by David Ibbotson, which went missing over the English Channel on 21 January.

The Argentine's body was recovered late on Wednesday after the wreckage was found on Sunday morning.

Dorset Police confirmed the identification on Thursday night.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 9:08 am

It's a shame if the pilot isn't in there it would help the family with closure. On a sadder note it didn't take long for the fight about the transfer fee to start, very poor taste.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 9:54 am

Yeah obviously Cardiff will pay for but to demand it now , when they just found the guys body is in very bad taste.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 10:06 am

I'm afraid to say I don't think they will. As soon as this happened I thought we'd see a big legal battle over this.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 10:47 am

Seen a report earlier , Cardiff said they would pay it when the time is right, hopefully they make the crass frenchys wait a little longer.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 10:50 am

Cardiff had earlier expressed "surprise" that Nantes made the demand while the recovery attempts were under way.

It is understood Nantes are threatening legal action if they do not receive a payment within 10 days. The BBC has attempted to speak to Nantes for comment.

A source at Cardiff says they will honour the contract but not until they have clarified "all the facts".

It is unclear whether or not the club have insurance covering the cost of the transfer.

French club Bordeaux are also entitled to a cut of the fee, thought to be 50% - Sala was on their books from 2012 to 2015 before joining Nantes.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 11:52 am

I am glad I am too poor to use private planes. Shirley the agent or whoever arranged the travel is liable?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 1:07 pm

Single engine tiny plane forget getting in one of them,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 6:36 pm

Chairman Mehmet Dalman says Cardiff will be "honourable" with Nantes over the £15m transfer for Emiliano Sala and has defended withholding a payment.

Dalman confirmed the French club are threatening legal action, but they are seeking "clarification" on the issue.

Sala's body was recovered from the wreckage of a crashed plane last week.

Dalman also issued strong backing to Neil Warnock over his connection with football agents, believing people have had "knives out" for Cardiff's manager.

Sala had been travelling to Cardiff in a light aircraft piloted by David Ibbotson that went missing over the English Channel on 21 January.

A fundraising appeal to fund an underwater search for the pilot has been set up.

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan has boosted funds by donating £50,000 of his own money towards the appeal.

Confirming the Nantes action, Dalman said: "Of course, if we are contractually obliged to pay them then of course we will. We are an honourable club.

"But if we are not - and there are some anomalies in that - then surely you would expect me as the chairman and guardian of this club's interests to look into that and hold our position. That is what we are doing.

"We are still in the process of gathering information and that process will be ongoing. And when we reach a level where we have enough information, I am sure we will sit down with Nantes and move forward."

Dalman says Cardiff are looking to get a full picture of events.

"They [Nantes] have asked for what they believe is the money due to them and there is a process and they have initiated that process," he added.

"What we are saying is, that we are not in agreement with that process given the extraordinary events that have taken place and the tragic circumstances. We are not making any positive or negative statements.

"We are simply saying, please understand there are a lot of questions which need to be answered and that is what we are trying to do."

Warnock has complained about a "vendetta" against him, amid criticism of his connection with agent Willie McKay, but Dalman says he has no case to answer.

Football agent McKay says he arranged the flight that Sala took from Nantes, but was not involved in selecting the plane or pilot.

Asked about Warnock's relationships with agents he said: "I have absolutely no worries about that. We take our relationships from the day he started working at Cardiff. I don't really want to get involved in any vendettas and mud throwing, it's nonsense.

"We have seen people taking knives out against Neil and that is just nonsense. I want to air my frustration with that behaviour and give my full support to what the team is doing.

"The best way to get even is by being successful. I am not going to pay attention to rumours and bad press. We just have to stay focussed and do what we should be doing. That is to win football matches."

Dalman denied close relations to McKay, although two of McKay's sons had been in the Cardiff Academy.

He says it is unfair that there has been unfair scrutiny of Warnock and the club are supportive of him.

"I feel the need to raise this," Dalman said. "I brought Neil into this club and I think he has done a tremendous job for us in more ways than one. It is important that he understands we are there for him.

"He was there for us in a difficult period and got us promoted. He has brought some great players into the club and I want him to know we are a family. The fans, the board, the chairman, the CEO and the owner are fully behind him as he strives to achieve the status of staying in the Premier League."

Dalman also dismissed talk of Warnock stepping down from his post, amid the emotion of the death of Sala, after Warnock said he considered his future "24 hours a day, seven days a week."

"That discussion has never taken place and I have absolutely no intention of holding that discussion," he said.

Back to top Go down

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 8:43 pm

Jethro wrote:
Chairman Mehmet Dalman says Cardiff will be "honourable" with Nantes over the £15m transfer for Emiliano Sala and has defended withholding a payment.

Dalman confirmed the French club are threatening legal action, but they are seeking "clarification" on the issue.

Sala's body was recovered from the wreckage of a crashed plane last week.

Dalman also issued strong backing to Neil Warnock over his connection with football agents, believing people have had "knives out" for Cardiff's manager.

Sala had been travelling to Cardiff in a light aircraft piloted by David Ibbotson that went missing over the English Channel on 21 January.

A fundraising appeal to fund an underwater search for the pilot has been set up.

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan has boosted funds by donating £50,000 of his own money towards the appeal.

Confirming the Nantes action, Dalman said: "Of course, if we are contractually obliged to pay them then of course we will. We are an honourable club.

"But if we are not - and there are some anomalies in that - then surely you would expect me as the chairman and guardian of this club's interests to look into that and hold our position. That is what we are doing.

"We are still in the process of gathering information and that process will be ongoing. And when we reach a level where we have enough information, I am sure we will sit down with Nantes and move forward."

Dalman says Cardiff are looking to get a full picture of events.

"They [Nantes] have asked for what they believe is the money due to them and there is a process and they have initiated that process," he added.

"What we are saying is, that we are not in agreement with that process given the extraordinary events that have taken place and the tragic circumstances. We are not making any positive or negative statements.

"We are simply saying, please understand there are a lot of questions which need to be answered and that is what we are trying to do."

Warnock has complained about a "vendetta" against him, amid criticism of his connection with agent Willie McKay, but Dalman says he has no case to answer.

Football agent McKay says he arranged the flight that Sala took from Nantes, but was not involved in selecting the plane or pilot.

Asked about Warnock's relationships with agents he said: "I have absolutely no worries about that. We take our relationships from the day he started working at Cardiff. I don't really want to get involved in any vendettas and mud throwing, it's nonsense.

"We have seen people taking knives out against Neil and that is just nonsense. I want to air my frustration with that behaviour and give my full support to what the team is doing.

"The best way to get even is by being successful. I am not going to pay attention to rumours and bad press. We just have to stay focussed and do what we should be doing. That is to win football matches."

Dalman denied close relations to McKay, although two of McKay's sons had been in the Cardiff Academy.

He says it is unfair that there has been unfair scrutiny of Warnock and the club are supportive of him.

"I feel the need to raise this," Dalman said. "I brought Neil into this club and I think he has done a tremendous job for us in more ways than one. It is important that he understands we are there for him.

"He was there for us in a difficult period and got us promoted. He has brought some great players into the club and I want him to know we are a family. The fans, the board, the chairman, the CEO and the owner are fully behind him as he strives to achieve the status of staying in the Premier League."

Dalman also dismissed talk of Warnock stepping down from his post, amid the emotion of the death of Sala, after Warnock said he considered his future "24 hours a day, seven days a week."

"That discussion has never taken place and I have absolutely no intention of holding that discussion," he said.

I understand Nantes position, Cardiff cant not pay them or with hold what they owe despite the unfortunate event its a huge breach of contract. Even if after the inquest it turns out to be the aircrafts fault they can reclaim what they have paid nantes back from the insurance company of the aircraft when the eventual lawsuit takes place.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 6:32 am

Have huge doubts that the aircraft insurance will cover "goods value" to the tune of £15 million Angry. Aborted take off 3 times then flew in the dark instead of daylight ice build up on wings confirmed and pilot subsituted on a single prop piston engine.
Theres enough undue care and attention for any underwriter to decline coverage on any claim
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 9:17 am

Or maybe the player himself is insured via Nantes or Cardiff, in fact I'd be amazed if he weren't. Rememeber someone like Sala would only have to trip up an airport step to ruin his career and lose someone £15m. Even semi professional rugby players now have full medical and public liability up to huge levels. Sure they will all try and swerve their obligations but I bet someone will pay up.
I personally hold public liability cover for shooting for up to £11.5m which costs the grand total of £75/year via membership of the BASC. I'd be amazed if no one protected their assets.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 2:41 pm

Glad you're insured. Would hate for you to accidentally shoot a gameskeeper or graindsman, and the local lord not be reimbursed for his trouble and time spent in replacing said prole.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 4:29 pm

I am a prole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Emiliano Sala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala Empty

Back to top Go down