Earwegoagain
Jethro
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Stoke look to lutons Jones, Empty
PostSubject: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 10:31 am

Stoke City are in discussions with Luton Town boss Nathan Jones over their vacant managerial position, following Gary Rowett's sacking on Tuesday.

The Potters, 14th in the Championship, had approached former Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic but he rejected the opportunity to be interviewed.

Jones, who has been at Luton since January 2016, guided the Hatters to promotion from League Two last season.

Luton are currently second in League One after 26 games.

Yeah maybe we made the wrong choice with Adams, look how it worked out...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 10:35 am

I was all for Jones to be manager here back when it was a shoot out between the two.

In anycase he has earnt a step up in his career so good luck to him if he gets the job. Not like any club is going to approach Del Bhey anytime soon for indeed ever so we are stuck with him regardless.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 10:38 am

Angry wrote:
I was all for Jones to be manager here back when it was a shoot out between the two.

In anycase he has earnt a step up in his career so good luck to him if he gets the job. Not like any club is going to approach Del Bhey anytime soon for indeed ever so we are stuck with him regardless.

Exactly I wanted Jones, heard good things about him from yeovil fans I know,

Can we whip together for a taxi get Adams to luton or something ?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 10:58 am

If you ignore the fact that Jones would have had his hands tied behind his back by the board then I'm sure he would have done better that Del, on the other hand we know he would have had feck all funds either. I'm not a massive fan of Adams BUT blaming him alone lets Brent off the hook.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 12:20 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
If you ignore the fact that Jones would have had his hands tied behind his back by the board then I'm sure he would have done better that Del, on the other hand we know he would have had feck all funds either. I'm not a massive fan of Adams BUT blaming him alone lets Brent off the hook.

Agree with that. It could be argued that Dels knowledge of the bottom feeders of the Scottish premier league was enough to bring in the players that got us out of the division. Jones has had had rather a lot more money to spend who's to say he would have managed under the Brentmare.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 1:44 pm

He's gone according to Luton friend on FB
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 2:05 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

He's also gone according to the BBC 30 minutes ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46810017
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 3:07 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Christ I know just the boy for you Luton - come and get him!!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 3:13 pm

Hope they fall away now. Scummy shithole of a place.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 3:14 pm

I was thinking of Luton when I wrote the last post. But it applies equally to Stoke. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 4:45 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

True and i dont. However i do blame del for his shite tactics against wimbledon at wembley and completely ballsing up the l2 title several times including the last game.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 5:09 pm

Dont take much to get the Championship clubs sniffing around does it?!

In all honesty I think it's a bad move for NJ. If Stoke dont get instant results he will be on the scrapheap with the rest of them.

Should have waited to get promoted with Luton first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 5:27 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Dont take much to get the Championship clubs sniffing around does it?!

In all honesty I think it's a bad move for NJ. If Stoke dont get instant results he will be on the scrapheap with the rest of them.

Should have waited to get promoted with Luton first.

he traded one shit hole for another in reality.

i agree with you punchdrunk he was better off going up with luton an cutting his teeth in championship with them Then when he moved on he would be a bit more protected than he will be no if Stoke arent pushing for playoffs come may.

Sturrock fell into this trap as we all know.

Last edited by Angry on Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 6:22 pm

On the other hand he has a good record for spotting and signing talent. James Dunne is proof of that.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 1:45 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

I'l chip in for fuel if anyone wants to drive him there,
unfortunately hes not even in the running according to betting sites,

Stephen Robinson
2/1
Joaquin Gomez
5/2
Paul Hurst
5/1
Michael Appleton
9/1
Danny Cowley
11/1
Mark Warburton
12/1
Steve Rutter
12/1
Darrell Clarke
14/1
Graeme Jones
14/1
Simon Rusk
14/1
Iñigo Idiakez
16/1
Mark Robins
16/1
Michael Flynn
16/1
Paul Heckingbottom
16/1
Simon Grayson
16/1
Jos Luhukay
18/1
Michael Jolley
18/1
Owen Coyle
18/1
Darren Ferguson
20/1
Gareth Ainsworth
20/1
Graham Alexander
20/1
Mick McCarthy
20/1
Radomir Antic
20/1
Chris Coleman
25/1
Graham Westley
25/1
Grant McCann
25/1
Harry Kewell
25/1
John Askey
25/1
Micky Mellon
25/1
Brian McDermott
28/1
Liam Rosenior
33/1
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 1:48 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

Adams is as culpable because he signed a 5 year deal knowing he would have feck all funds,

anyone else would have told Brent to stick it, but Adams knows his lack of any other decent tactic meant he's on to a winner here, 5 years of cash harder to sack him as well. if only he was as smart on the tactics side.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 11:03 am

Jethro wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Adams is as culpable because he signed a 5 year deal knowing he would have feck all funds,

anyone else would have told  Brent to stick it, but Adams knows his lack of any other decent tactic meant he's on to a winner here, 5 years of cash harder to sack him as well. if only he was as smart on the tactics side.
Why are we at the bottom of league 1 after nearly seven years of Brentship? Is it just down to Adams? Is Adams in charge of the club shop? Is Adams in charge of feckin up the planning for the mankover? Is Adams in charge of giving Nool the keys to the sweetshop and dividing the fan base? Is Adams in charge of sidelong the fans trust? 
"Adams is culpable because he signed a five year deal knowing he'd have feck all funds?" And who offered him the five year deal with enough funds to run Plymouth Parkway? Answer our old mate Brent no less. I'm pissed off with Adams but I'm not crazy enough to think that Jones or anyone else would work miracles with their hands tied behind their back. If you'd just add the odd harangue about Hallett into your missives and you'd probably get a sponsored role on pasoti. 
At least credit Brent with some of the shite we are in you are letting him completely off the hook with your ludicrous assumptions that ALL the shite we are in is down to Adams, it really isn't just his fault. Any manager was doomed to failure here we are run really, really badly from top to bottom.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 11:20 am

Brents to blame for a lot , but in blaming brent it seems like adams gets off the hook,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 11:23 am

Jethro wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Stephen Robinson
2/1
Joaquin Gomez
5/2
Paul Hurst
5/1
Michael Appleton
9/1
Danny Cowley
11/1
Mark Warburton
12/1
Steve Rutter
12/1
Darrell Clarke
14/1
Graeme Jones
14/1
Simon Rusk
14/1
Iñigo Idiakez
16/1
Mark Robins
16/1
Michael Flynn
16/1
Paul Heckingbottom
16/1
Simon Grayson
16/1
Jos Luhukay
18/1
Michael Jolley
18/1
Owen Coyle
18/1
Darren Ferguson
20/1
Gareth Ainsworth
20/1
Graham Alexander
20/1
Mick McCarthy
20/1
Radomir Antic
20/1
Chris Coleman
25/1
Graham Westley
25/1
Grant McCann
25/1
Harry Kewell
25/1
John Askey
25/1
Micky Mellon
25/1
Brian McDermott
28/1
Liam Rosenior
33/1

Del isnt a popular man at all with some fanbases. Luton and wycombe ones being his biggest heat seekers.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 11:30 am

Jethro wrote:
Brents to blame for a lot , but in blaming brent it seems like adams gets off the hook,
Fer fooks sakkkkkkeeeeee. Adams deserves blame I get that but don't let Brent off the hook.
Anyway let's just assume you get your way and Adams is out on his ear this morning. Hurrah! Tomorrow we get the news that Wotton has been signed up on a five year deal but the playing budget has been cut in half to pay off Adams lengthy contract? Still celebrating? 
That's the future anybody who isn't pissed or stupid must be able to see where the problem lies at Argyle.

Last edited by Earwegoagain on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 11:31 am

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Stephen Robinson
2/1
Joaquin Gomez
5/2
Paul Hurst
5/1
Michael Appleton
9/1
Danny Cowley
11/1
Mark Warburton
12/1
Steve Rutter
12/1
Darrell Clarke
14/1
Graeme Jones
14/1
Simon Rusk
14/1
Iñigo Idiakez
16/1
Mark Robins
16/1
Michael Flynn
16/1
Paul Heckingbottom
16/1
Simon Grayson
16/1
Jos Luhukay
18/1
Michael Jolley
18/1
Owen Coyle
18/1
Darren Ferguson
20/1
Gareth Ainsworth
20/1
Graham Alexander
20/1
Mick McCarthy
20/1
Radomir Antic
20/1
Chris Coleman
25/1
Graham Westley
25/1
Grant McCann
25/1
Harry Kewell
25/1
John Askey
25/1
Micky Mellon
25/1
Brian McDermott
28/1
Liam Rosenior
33/1

Del isnt a popular man at all with some fanbases. Luton and wycombe ones being his biggest heat seekers.

Thats true , could say the same with Ainsworth ,wouldn't want him here for example.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 11:33 am

I'd have Ainsworth, esp if we're going to keep churning out shite budget after shite budget

Top fella by all accaints
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 11:33 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Fer fooks sakkkkkkeeeeee. Adams deserves blame I get that but don't let Brent off the hook.

I'm not letting either off the hook,
just trying not to cross streams in this thread at least with brent blaming.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 11:34 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I'd have Ainsworth, esp if we're going to keep churning out shite budget after shite budget

Can't stand the cnut.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 11:36 am

FJethro wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Can't stand the cnut.
lol! That's just as well because if Adams go there is no way this useless board would aim that high.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stoke look to lutons Jones,   Stoke look to lutons Jones, Empty

Back to top Go down

Stoke look to lutons Jones,
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next