The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Whitney Houston

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Whitney Houston Empty
PostSubject: Whitney Houston   Whitney Houston EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:09 pm

One of the best voices ever to have been recorded I think. A sad but predictable loss and yet another great joins the long list of talent that has prematurely ended.
Back to top Go down

Whitney Houston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston   Whitney Houston EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:44 pm

Yes - very sad. I wasn't a fan of everything she recorded, but would have loved to have heard her belt out some of the old Billie Holiday classics. Saw her sing a duet with her aunt(?) Aretha Franklin once: now that really was something.
Back to top Go down

Whitney Houston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston   Whitney Houston EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Fill your nose with white powder and your blood with alcohol, and there is always only going to be one result.

Never liked her or that style of music to be honest.
Back to top Go down

Whitney Houston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston   Whitney Houston EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Fill your nose with white powder and your blood with alcohol, and there is always only going to be one result.

Never liked her or that style of music to be honest.

Me neither. Still, she could certainly sing and was only 48. Hardly a Keith Moon or Brian Jones hellraiser but just shows fame isn't always it's cracked up to be and all the money in the world can't buy you happiness.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Whitney Houston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston   Whitney Houston EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Cerbera wrote:
aye, the greatest love of all

[/quote]Never liked her or that style of music to be honest.[/quote] me neither, but a fine set of tonsils she sported, theres no denying that (my mouth feels kind of furry after saying that, akin to saying exe*** are quite a fine team, blerg!)

Last edited by Sneinton Green on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the ing)
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

Whitney Houston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston   Whitney Houston EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:47 pm

As a result of her death, apparently both Bolivia and Colombia have announced a series of austerity measures and a round of quantative easing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Whitney Houston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston   Whitney Houston EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:40 am

bobby brown did himself in today, leaving a note that said "anything you can do.." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

Whitney Houston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston   Whitney Houston EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Sneinton Green wrote:
bobby brown did himself in today, leaving a note that said "anything you can do.." Very Happy

Or 2 can play at that game.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Whitney Houston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston   Whitney Houston EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 1:49 pm

Didn't she do a comeback gig in the last two years and was booed off for being crap? BBC News said her voice was affected from smoking crack. Just like Amy Winehouse, it was the booze and drugs that majorly affected her life.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Whitney Houston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston   Whitney Houston EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:13 pm

I'm looking forward to the remake of her famous movie the the Bodyguard, it is currently in production under the working title 'The Body Bag'.

The woman and her retinue exemplified many of the things which are completely wrong in this world, the sheer media hype over the death of a piss head junkie just because she had pots of money due to being able to knock out a tune makes me despair, the Syrian army is using tanks to kill innocent people while peace loving Buddhist monks are setting fire to themselves in Tibet to try and make the same media whores pay some attention to the rape of a whole civilisation by a nation who think it is fine for Assad to go on murdering hundreds in the name of maintaining his despotic regime.

Wake up and smell the coffee guys this cult of the celebrity is pathetic, I never wished the old slapper any harm but I couldn't give a fetid dingo's gonad that she is dead, a million better people will die this week without a mention, people that have done worthwhile work without ever shooting up despite their lives being a thousand times harder than hers.

Houston ?

No problem.

Last edited by Lord Tisdale on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Whitney Houston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston   Whitney Houston EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Can I borrow that for my Facebook status please Tis?

Absolutely spot on.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Whitney Houston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston   Whitney Houston EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Can I borrow that for my Facebook status please Tis?

Absolutely spot on.

Feel free to use whatever I post in whatever way you want Cerby, my view of copyright is that once one person has seen or heard something then it is in the public domain and should be free for everybody to use as they see fit.
Back to top Go down

Whitney Houston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston   Whitney Houston EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Lost in admiration Tis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whitney Houston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston   Whitney Houston Empty

Back to top Go down

Whitney Houston
Page 1 of 1