HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

away colours

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shirtman

away colours Empty
PostSubject: away colours   away colours EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Trying to find out Plymouth's away shirts from between 1982/83 season to 1989/90.. the pilgrim kits in particular if anyone has information please
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

away colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: away colours   away colours EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:35 am

1988-9 was all white i think
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

away colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: away colours   away colours EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:18 am

I would look in the club programmes from those years..

Back to top Go down

away colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: away colours   away colours EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 8:04 am

The home shirts was that very smart design of proper green with the black pinstripes?
If so then they were white with green pinstripes i do believe although they were hardly ever worn due to us being the only club at the time that wore green.....far better then today's abominations, on the same subject i see Pasoti has now adopted that hideous "turquoise" as its official colour!!.....Urghhh
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

away colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: away colours   away colours EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 10:18 am

punchdrunk wrote:
The home shirts was that very smart design of proper green with the black pinstripes?
If so then they were white with green pinstripes i do believe although they were hardly ever worn due to us being the only club at the time that wore green.....far better then today's abominations, on the same subject i see Pasoti has now adopted that hideous "turquoise" as its official colour!!.....Urghhh
I quite like it. It makes me want to go out and buy a packet of Viscount biscuits.
Back to top Go down
shirtman

away colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: away colours   away colours EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:15 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

so the white with green pinstripes home from the 82/83 season became the away kit upto 87 .. what was the away for 82/83 ?

found a photo of the 89/90 kits so that covers 87-90 thanks for the help there Smile
Back to top Go down

away colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: away colours   away colours EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Apologies if I am telling you something you already know try looking on ebay at the argyle programmes there are always quite a few on there
Back to top Go down

away colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: away colours   away colours EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Greens on Screen should have photos from all of those seasons, so you should be able to tell from those Shirtman.
Back to top Go down

away colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: away colours   away colours EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Try this as well

Linky thingy
Back to top Go down

away colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: away colours   away colours EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Grumpy wrote:
Try this as well

Linky thingy

That just reminds me how old I am recognising lots of those kits Very Happy My first replica shirt was the Beacon Electrical one. Very dapper I looked in it too.
Back to top Go down
shirtman

away colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: away colours   away colours EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:57 pm

Grumpy wrote:
Try this as well

Linky thingy

thats just the home shirts though but thanks .. problem with match day programmes was any photos were 99% from home games and as others have said Plymouth hardly ever wore the away shirt.. maybe in night games against dark shirt opponents ??

only missing the 82/83 away shirt now.. might look for some programmes for teams wearing white in that division ..
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

away colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: away colours   away colours EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:59 pm

shirtman wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

so the white with green pinstripes home from the 82/83 season became the away kit upto 87 .. what was the away for 82/83 ?

found a photo of the 89/90 kits so that covers 87-90 thanks for the help there Smile

I used to go a fair sprinkling of away matches in that era and i can remember Argyle wearing a yellow kit with green pinstripes but only as a change kit when the white clashed with the home team.I'm not even sure that Argyle had an away kit as such for the 1980's-back then,teams only tended to change kits when there was a clash-green was not a very common colour [unique,in fact].Certainly in the 1985/86 season promotion season,Argyle wore their normal kit for all the away matches that i saw,not sure when away kits became in vogue.
Back to top Go down

away colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: away colours   away colours EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Grumpy wrote:
Try this as well

Linky thingy

Shirtman, it shows the white 82-83 kit on here.
Back to top Go down
shirtman

away colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: away colours   away colours EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 8:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this is what i made so far .. top 2 80-82 H&A

then 82/3 H&A and 83/84 H&A ..

the 83/84 home used upto 96/87 with different sponsors then the umbro kits with sunday independent sponsors Smile

thanks for all the help ..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

away colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: away colours   away colours Empty

Back to top Go down

away colours
Page 1 of 1