Go down 
+3
Punchdrunk
Yea Man
MikeWN
7 posters
AuthorMessage

iFollow - A Survey Empty
PostSubject: iFollow - A Survey   iFollow - A Survey EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 10:31 am

The Argyle Fan's Trust would like to ask for opinions on the iFollow live streaming service.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

iFollow - A Survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: iFollow - A Survey   iFollow - A Survey EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 12:29 pm

The survey seems to be about watching games via ifollow, but muddies the waters somewhat by asking if we've ever watched OR listened. I have slightky differing opinions on watching and listening, so you should probably make it more clear whether your questions are about watching games, listening to games or both.
Back to top Go down

iFollow - A Survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: iFollow - A Survey   iFollow - A Survey EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 12:52 pm

A very good point - the relevant question text is now edited to focus on watching only.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

iFollow - A Survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: iFollow - A Survey   iFollow - A Survey EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 1:11 pm

Cool - I'll finish the survey then.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

iFollow - A Survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: iFollow - A Survey   iFollow - A Survey EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 1:48 pm

Ifollow+VPN is perfect for those who can't attend matches.
Back to top Go down

iFollow - A Survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: iFollow - A Survey   iFollow - A Survey EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 2:44 pm

Yea Man wrote:

Or won't under the current regime!
Back to top Go down

iFollow - A Survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: iFollow - A Survey   iFollow - A Survey EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 2:54 pm

I Couldnt get it to work yesterday. Maybe in hindsight it was a good thing i guess but the service is poor especially charging £10 a game when most if not ALL streaming sites charge that for 24/7 use a month. You cant even get a replay for that £10.

Last edited by Angry on Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

iFollow - A Survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: iFollow - A Survey   iFollow - A Survey EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 4:28 pm

I once made the mistake of paying for this pap. Kept on buffereing, dropping out and stopping. Normally my broadband is pretty fast as well.

Load a shite.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

iFollow - A Survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: iFollow - A Survey   iFollow - A Survey EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 6:07 pm

Yea Man wrote:

That the only way, no replays and only one camera
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

iFollow - A Survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: iFollow - A Survey   iFollow - A Survey EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 10:51 pm

£10 a game having a laugh aren't you,

not even your netflix or your amazon prime videos are that much for a month with more then 90 mins of entertainment
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

iFollow - A Survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: iFollow - A Survey   iFollow - A Survey EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 11:34 pm

Still cheaper than going to the actual match. Can actually watch it with a beer or two like an adult too.
Back to top Go down

iFollow - A Survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: iFollow - A Survey   iFollow - A Survey EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 9:08 am

I found it to be quite good for both Wimbledon and Oxford matches.

We'd like to see more opinions on this on the AFT survey.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

iFollow - A Survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: iFollow - A Survey   iFollow - A Survey EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 10:41 am

I've never used ifollow nor would I. £10/ match is exorbitant and I think in the long term is damaging to the club. Fans should be encouraged to attend matches maybe tickets for a tenner would be better?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

iFollow - A Survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: iFollow - A Survey   iFollow - A Survey EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 11:18 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I've never used ifollow nor would I. £10/ match is exorbitant and I think in the long term is damaging to the club. Fans should be encouraged to attend matches maybe tickets for a tenner would be better?

tickets for £10 and being able to pay on the turnstile will entice me back, feck getting involved in the queue at the ticket office
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

iFollow - A Survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: iFollow - A Survey   iFollow - A Survey EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 11:35 am

This is shorely a nationwide football fan thing, not just dain to Argo fans?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

iFollow - A Survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: iFollow - A Survey   iFollow - A Survey EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 1:45 pm

The initial driver for the survey is to measure the interest in protecting the traditional Saturday 3pm fixture, which is supposed to be sacrosanct.

Some would argue that the Boxing Day / New Year's Day fixtures should also be treated in the same way, as the bumper attendances over the festive period are often vital to lower league club revenues.

There is a potential "creep" towards more matches being available on streaming services like iFollow, with some arguing that it will adversely affect clubs financially overall, but with others suggesting that it increases exposure and also offers access to those (like disabled or elderly fans) who are unable to attend in person.

That's why we're running the survey, to try to assess the levels of interest and support for the service.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

iFollow - A Survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: iFollow - A Survey   iFollow - A Survey Empty

Back to top Go down

iFollow - A Survey
Page 1 of 1