HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rugby

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Rugby   Rugby EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm looking forward to the match today, I have a feeling the Italians will give us a good run out. This could be the chock of the tournament, there's always one!
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 3:55 pm

For sure the Italians have bean getting better season on season they are not the pushover they once where

They will ape if they win today
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 4:04 pm

That's right Grumps, every year they get a bit stronger, it'll be a good test for England today.

I hope the snow clears, making England out is a nightmare!
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 4:28 pm

25 minutes in the Italians look full of confidence I'm getting worried

EDIT: I should have waited a minute!
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 4:47 pm

Ouch!
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 4:48 pm

It's suddenly started interesting me Razz
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 4:48 pm

The second half is going to be a cracker!
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 5:02 pm

Gabby is looking fine in her silly hat.
Is there any reason to have a bobble on a hat ?
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 5:04 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Gabby is looking fine in her silly hat.
Is there any reason to have a bobble on a hat ?

It's not a bobble hat if it doesn't have a bobble!
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 5:10 pm

Hells teeth 15 -6 to Italy
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 5:19 pm

It's got really boring again Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:25 pm

That match was definitely a harder one for England than last week

And before you ask Greenjock, no I'm not taking the pi$$ Shocked
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Yup, tough match that but we came out on top again. It won't be long before the Italians start to become a force to be reckoned with.
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:39 pm

Grumpy wrote:
That match was definitely a harder one for England than last week

And before you ask Greenjock, no I'm not taking the pi$$ Shocked

Scotland are the football equivalent of Argyle at the moment Razz Wales will tear us a new one tomorrow! Not a big rugby fan but at least England have started to rebuild. Whatever they achieve this year will give them experience. Not a great game but Italy aren't whipping boys anymore and conditions were apalling.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Huge surprise, Lancaster took Ben Youngs off and we miraculously improved. Youngs is the poster boy of the chattering classes who write and talk about God's own game, imho he is fooking rubbish, I am also not keen on the Hodgson, Farrell axis in midfield, the Welsh must be licking their lips, our Kiwi hooker is way overrated, Strettle isn't half the player he was before six years of injury took their toll and Ashton is a complete knob.

Not too unhappy at the attempt to introduce a raft of new talent in one fell swoop, as people have pointed out the Wops are a more than decent side nowadays, certainly since the last time I was out there, we were giving them a bit of a beating but the bunch of Italian lads sat behind us were happy enough to banter up and share the gallons of wine they had brought into the Stadio Flemenco with them, then at a point in the second half SCW decided to make four subs, "ah" says me new little Italian mate, "now maybe it will get easier for us"? As onto the pitch came Johnson, Dallaglio, Leonard and Dawson, big Lol scored within 10 seconds of the restart.

Wales are the xxxx and are next up at Twickers, if we kick away the amount of possession we did on Saturday they will rip us a new'un, we need to play Farrell at FH and lose charge down Charlie despite his two tries so far, we need to match up in the centre or Wales will crucify us straight up the middle. Farrell ain't that good an FH but, same as Johnny was first up, he is possibly the best kicker in world rugby already, it is sooooo vital to take the points you are offered.
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:55 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Wales are the xxxx

Of all the many and varied phrases available to express your point, did you really have to use this one?

Last edited by Peggy on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:57 pm

Rather eloquently put though wasn't it?

I do think we need to be wary of getting too hung up on political correctness.
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:05 pm

More than happy to disagree with you publicly there.
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:09 pm

Okey dokey!

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Peggy wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Wales are the xxxx

Of all the many and varied phrases available to express your point, did you really have to use this one?

It was the one which seemed most appropriate to convey the meaning I was looking for yes, should Patrice Evra express his displeasure I will happily apologise and shake his hand.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:13 pm

I don't think we should get too hung up about Wales. Sure, they throw it around a bit, but we beat them twice in the last year (would have been 3 times if we'd not messed around in the 1st half of the WC warm up at the Millenium), and remember they lost 3 times during the WC too. An England side at HQ shouldn't be underdogs to this lot.

However, a few changes needed. You've gotta start Morgan and Dickson (Youngs woefully off form, Dowson not good enough). Jamie Roberts running in Hodgson's channel is frightening so you've got to be tempted to move Farrell to 10 and bring in Tuilagi at centre. I'd be tempted at leaving Croft on the bench in favour of someone who does more graft (Wood), and Lawes is probably our best lock so you'd consider dropping probably Botha. This England team will be capable of some big hits, looking at the personel involved.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:10 am

Not sure Manu, Wood or Lawes will even be in the reckoning for Wales and I still like Dowson even though he has not pulled up any trees yet, Shirley Turner Hall is not the best 12 we could come up with, but at least he fills the hole.

I don't share your disdain for the Welsh, I hate 'em but they have got some game if they can get the big Mo, very powerful runners all over the place, we need to grind them then get OF to kick them out of the game 3 points at a time.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 5:02 pm

Sat 4th February review Very Happy

A great burger van in the town centre, soo much cheaper than a muckyd, so much nicer tooo, but then a raw pigs ear dragged through dog shit would be. So good we went back for another the following Monday, then walked past muckyd's eating ours, the look of jealousy on the faces inside, was a picture to behold Laughing For future reference we also located the local Indian & Chinese establishments cheers

Liked the town, good layout, not that many empty premises, and not too many bleddy charity shops, unfortunately as with every town city in the country was littered with all the usual chain stores. Although the good lady Sandford_Grecian did come across a shoe / boot shop that she fell in love with, so good she went back on the Monday for another pair Laughing Easy to get too, from where we were staying, just across the border in Crick, Northamptonshire, and get this; just £1 to park within the town centre... for 4 hours. Was a bitter afternoon though, so cold I had to purchase a pair of thermal gloves, from a market stall, very reasonably priced though. We had a few snow flurries, but glad it held off til the evening, when we had 3 inches fall Very Happy

8/10

Last edited by Sandford_Grecian on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spilling)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 3:40 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:

A great burger van in the town centre, soo much cheaper than a muckyd, so much nicer tooo, but then a raw pigs ear dragged through dog shit would be. So good we went back for another the following Monday, then walked past muckyd's eating ours, the look of jealousy on the faces inside, was a picture to behold Laughing For future reference we also located the local Indian & Chinese establishments cheers

Liked the town, good layout, not that many empty premises, and not too many bleddy charity shops, unfortunately as with every town city in the country was littered with all the usual chain stores. Although the good lady Sandford_Grecian did come across a shoe / boot shop that she fell in love with, so good she went back on the Monday for another pair Laughing Easy to get too, from where we were staying, just across the border in Crick, Northamptonshire, and get this; just £1 to park within the town centre... for 4 hours. Was a bitter afternoon though, so cold I had to purchase a pair of thermal gloves, from a market stall, very reasonably priced though. We had a few snow flurries, but glad it held off til the evening, when we had 3 inches fall Very Happy

8/10

WTF ?

Say good night to the folks Sandy.

A game of hugeness bordering on the mahoosive Saturday, I am already in a state of rapt anticipation, good news is Youngs has been dropped, Manu, Lawes and Flood are back in the frame, Dowson will probably drop to the bench to allow Morgan a start, not a bad thing imho considering Dowson poor form.

Downside is Warburton fit, he seems to be becoming a bit of cog for them, but a swift perusal of the contenders leaves me feeling a bit more confident, I would still like to see a bit more muscle outside of 10 and Ashton is such a liability defensively I would be prepared to see us lose his spark going forward for a little more structure, when he is on fire he is a serious weapon but lately he has been more of a damp squib.

Bring it on.
Back to top Go down

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 3:48 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:

8/10

WTF ?

Say good night to the folks Sandy.

A game of hugeness bordering on the mahoosive Saturday, I am already in a state of rapt anticipation, good news is Youngs has been dropped, Manu, Lawes and Flood are back in the frame, Dowson will probably drop to the bench to allow Morgan a start, not a bad thing imho considering Dowson poor form.

Downside is Warburton fit, he seems to be becoming a bit of cog for them, but a swift perusal of the contenders leaves me feeling a bit more confident, I would still like to see a bit more muscle outside of 10 and Ashton is such a liability defensively I would be prepared to see us lose his spark going forward for a little more structure, when he is on fire he is a serious weapon but lately he has been more of a damp squib.

Bring it on.

Do you think England are going in the right direction by giving the young players a chance to shine?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Rugby Empty

Back to top Go down

Rugby
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next