Punchdrunk
PlymptonPilgrim
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Why is Brent hanging on? Empty
PostSubject: Why is Brent hanging on?   Why is Brent hanging on? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 5:17 pm

Been wondering this for a while. Not every minute you understand, but now and again.

He's no longer Chairman, doesn't own HHP and has retained 30% of his shares in the club - which, I wouldn't have thought would be worth a huge amount. He's been given responsibility for the refurbishment of the Grandstand, and his daughter is now also on the board.

Now, we all know that Brent doesn't do anything unless there's money at the end of it. He has no love of the club, or of football in general. He must have got a decent payout for selling his shares and the land he 'acquired' from the club on his first day as Chairman.

So what is he still doing here? There must be something going on that he sees a profit in.

Or am I just being suspicious?
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Why is Brent hanging on?   Why is Brent hanging on? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 5:33 pm

You should see it up there on match days around block 16. He’s strutting around that area as if he’s still the Chairman.
The usual entourage of back slappers and leg shaggers never more then 10 metres away.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Why is Brent hanging on?   Why is Brent hanging on? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 5:52 pm

If we miraculously achieve championship football in the future on the back of someone elses investment his 30% will be worth 5m instead of 1m, a worthwhile punt for the smarmy toad.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Why is Brent hanging on?   Why is Brent hanging on? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 9:26 pm

Value of 30% of Argyle/Home Park pre-development = £X

Value of 30% of Argyle/Home Park during development = £(X - y)

Value of 30% of Argyle/Home Park post-development = £(X + z)

Why would he leave when his 30% is low in value and about to rocket on the back of somebody else's investment?

Maximum profit. Minimum risk.

Simple enough, really.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Why is Brent hanging on?   Why is Brent hanging on? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 10:47 pm

Obviously he's staying on because there might eventually be an increase in the value of his shares, also provided a nice work experience opportunity for his daughter. What I don't understand is why Hallett is letting him.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Why is Brent hanging on?   Why is Brent hanging on? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 2:13 am

Brent is hanging around like a repulsive smell. An odious devious character the likes of which we have never seen at home park before
Likewise I also wonder why Hallett is letting the toad remain
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Brent hanging on?   Why is Brent hanging on? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 7:01 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Brent is hanging around like a repulsive smell. An odious devious character the likes of which we have never seen at home park before
Unless he moves on soon it all looks like another elaborate stitch up - not sure exactly whats cooking but nothing seems to be changing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Brent hanging on?   Why is Brent hanging on? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 7:33 am

Most disappointing I know, but, Mr Brent isn't going anywhere anytime soon. From what I hear, we haven't seen the last of his development shenanigans either, plus, his 30% share value will increase exponentially very soon.

Last edited by P.O.I on Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Why is Brent hanging on?   Why is Brent hanging on? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 8:49 am

As I said Brentism mk2 in operation, the club is going nowhere fast.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Why is Brent hanging on?   Why is Brent hanging on? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 10:42 am

Bandwagon wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Unless he moves on soon it all looks like another elaborate stitch up - not sure exactly whats cooking but nothing seems to be changing.

The answer to all this is that Brent remains as Regent as for some reason Hallett has had to sign it all up in his name but is unable to commit as much as the four hours a week that Brent generously donates to us presently so Brent is to be the puppeteer behind the scenes. Let's face it feck all has changed. Hallett is obviously happy with Brent and Bungoes go slow on the refurb and the football is taken care of for the next four years with DOF Adams firmly in charge of the football side that the board could not give a flyingfuck about.
They aren't even pretending to fiddle now whilst PAFC burns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Brent hanging on?   Why is Brent hanging on? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is Brent hanging on?
Page 1 of 1