akagreengull
Tgwu
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Argyle v Stevenage FA cup  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Stevenage FA cup    Argyle v Stevenage FA cup  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 5:58 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Made hard work of that today, lots of passing flowing football with very little end product with Stevenage the most stubborn of sides I have seen in a long time.

Good to see Mr Sparks in tow with the Brent's in the directors block, the latest in a long line of leg shaggers.
Talking of leg shaggers, was the Cornish Grand Master, in the box with Gord, Jimmy, and Miss Tash?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Stevenage FA cup    Argyle v Stevenage FA cup  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Dull game we didnt play that well stevenage didnt do alot either, hope the stevenage player makes a full recovery however if he hadnt have given us a breather and contribute to 10 minutes of injury time we probably be looking at a replay.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Stevenage FA cup    Argyle v Stevenage FA cup  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 6:52 pm

That was a relief,one of those games where you could envisage the opposition sneaking a pox awful goal despite being dominated for just about the entire match,although in fairness they never really looked like doing that.As Punchy said,lots of good approach work-in fact,one criticism that could legitimately be levelled at Argyle is that sometimes they over-elaborate.Carey was the exception to that,must have had about half a dozen shots of varying degrees of closeness. The Argyle performance was the epitome of the "not clinical enough in the final third" beloved of managers but the mercurial Lameiras did find an excellent finish with a low shot from the edge of the box in the 5th minute of the 10 extra minutes,most of which was added on for a lengthy stoppage to their player after a collision with Songoo-taken to Derriford by ambulance,hope he's ok. Credit to Argyle for sticking at it when frustrations were starting to boil over and getting into the next roound,bit more money towards the massive outlay to come in January. Smile
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Stevenage FA cup    Argyle v Stevenage FA cup  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 8:17 pm

thanks for the report Greeny
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Stevenage FA cup    Argyle v Stevenage FA cup  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 3:37 pm

Who do we want next then? Non-league away would probably get TV as might Portsmouth or Sunderland home or away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Stevenage FA cup    Argyle v Stevenage FA cup  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 4:09 pm

tigertony wrote:
Who do we want next then? Non-league away would probably get TV as might Portsmouth or Sunderland home or away.

non league for me lets get to the third round and try and draw one of the big 5 down here. The clusterfuck needs more cash so that will be perfect Wink
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Stevenage FA cup    Argyle v Stevenage FA cup  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 4:27 pm

There was only one team ever going to win the game and it deservedly did.

I'm totally amazed that Sarcevic did not get the nod for a penalty when he was hauled down in the first half. They don't get much more blatant than that one.

I hope the guy stretchered off is OK. He was in a neck brace and all oxygened up when he was wheeled off and the ambulance taking him up to Derriford only left as I was leaving after the match had finished.

And it looks like Songo'o and Canavan is our strongest CB pairing to me so at least we have finally sorted that one out but having Ness and Fox in front of them must be a big help.

We're starting to look more like a team.

You never know we might actually start to climb up the table a bit soon
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Stevenage FA cup    Argyle v Stevenage FA cup  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Yep hopefully get a result against Luton, we have a pretty poor record against them in recent years so hopefully another 'scunny' monkey of our back.

Staying overnight for the England Croatia game the next day and meeting some ex Army pals.

Should be a good weekend whatever the results.

Razz drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Stevenage FA cup    Argyle v Stevenage FA cup  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 5:06 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
There was only one team ever going to win the game and it deservedly did.

I'm totally amazed that Sarcevic did not get the nod for a penalty when he was hauled down in the first half. They don't get much more blatant than that one.

I hope the guy stretchered off is OK. He was in a neck brace and all oxygened up when he was wheeled off and the ambulance taking him up to Derriford only left as I was leaving after the match had finished.

And it looks like Songo'o and Canavan is our strongest CB pairing to me so at least we have finally sorted that one out but having Ness and Fox in front of them must be a big help.

We're starting to look more like a team.

You never know we might actually start to climb up the table a bit soon

if songo'o and Canavan are the strongest pairing then we truly are fecked. Ones is so slow and the other is error prone in that position when he plays there.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Stevenage FA cup    Argyle v Stevenage FA cup  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Yep hopefully get a result against Luton, we have a pretty poor record against them in recent years so hopefully another 'scunny' monkey of our back.

Staying overnight for the England Croatia game the next day and meeting some ex Army pals.

Should be a good weekend whatever the results.

Razz drunken
drunk drunk laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Stevenage FA cup    Argyle v Stevenage FA cup  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle v Stevenage FA cup
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2