zyph
Czarcasm
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenlander

Greenlander

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 9:42 am

P.O.I wrote:
What's the bets they'll finish striping it all out, then find the remaining few pillars of steel are too rusty or weak to do anything with!

So what then? Hallet the mallet takes it on the chin and say's oh, fuuck it - here's 15 million, build yourself a new stand, or, going on previous weirdo logic used, just replace the crappy steel and continue with the mankover? Which, in essence, would be a new build anyway!   drunken

All hypothetical, of course!

Or the third option whereby he fecks it off and we spend the next decades in a three-sided ground.
Back to top Go down
TheDuke

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 3:31 pm

Do u reckon they are going to put a brand new roof onto an old rusting frame?!
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 3:44 pm

TheDuke wrote:
Do u reckon they are going to put a brand new roof onto an old rusting frame?!

That's the plan I believe !!

One that wont even cover all the stand as well.

Only at Argyle......
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 4:28 pm

They started paint the first couple of boarding of the new fence green this morning, now they change it to white:D

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 4:29 pm

Ripping out the existing stell, then all the concrete base and footings is a big job, new groundworks steel and then fit out would treble the cost easily. Much better I would agree but nearer twenty m than five m. Like Greeny says careful what you wish for or option three could be a goer. Porky would love it obvs.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 5:01 pm

Tgwu wrote:
They started paint the first couple of boarding of the new fence green this morning, now they change it to white:D

Actually it looks all right seeing its only temporary......we hope
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 11:22 pm

Brent's own Sagrada Familia, bet Gaudi finishes first.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 7:09 am

The Mayflower stand has always looked shit. It was built too short, probably in true Argo fashion because it was cheap. If it was longer with a modern cantilevered roof that covered all the seating then it would look OK. After the mankover it will still be too short and still have an outdated inadequate 1930s style roof. It's the 21st century - knock the whole thing down and build a main stand that actually looks like it belongs in the 21st century!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 8:31 am

Freathy wrote:
The Mayflower stand has always looked shit.  It was built too short, probably in true Argo fashion because it was cheap.  If it was longer with a modern cantilevered roof that covered all the seating then it would look OK.  After the mankover it will still be too short and still have an outdated inadequate 1930s style roof.  It's the 21st century - knock the whole thing down and build a main stand that actually looks like it belongs in the 21st century!

Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 9:09 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Ripping out the existing stell, then all the concrete base and footings is a big job, new groundworks steel and then fit out would treble the cost easily. Much better I would agree but nearer twenty m than five m. Like Greeny says careful what you wish for or option three could be a goer. Porky would love it obvs.

Frank Bullitt might be able to confirm but I'm sure I heard the club were told that starting from scratch would be cheaper than the half assed rubbish they are planning during the tender process.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 9:43 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Frank Bullitt might be able to confirm but I'm sure I heard the club were told that starting from scratch would be cheaper than the half assed rubbish they are planning during the tender process.

I would be amazed if that were true but happy to admit I'm wrong if that were the case.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 10:17 am

I see on PASOTI porky is now allowing mankover threads on the main forum.
Whatever happened to keeping it separate from the main board?

Another u turn.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 10:29 am

Prime example, threads on the roof and a poxy fence are allowed on the main forum but the absolute farce involving the shop and the ticket office gets shoved away on a separate board.

PASOTI. Rotten and corrupt to the core.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 10:56 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Prime example, threads on the roof and a poxy fence are allowed on the main forum but the absolute farce involving the shop and the ticket office gets shoved away on a separate board.

PASOTI. Rotten and corrupt to the core.

There are doing something to the roof but the club shop and ticket office are now 6-7 weeks late to Bungos development blog with all works on the buildings ceased.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 11:02 am

As I understand it the council have given dispensation to get on a bit further with the grandstand, but nothing else until you know what is sorted. A sort of unofficial small unhooking of the hybrid idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 11:21 am

beesrus wrote:
As I understand it the council have given dispensation to get on a bit further with the grandstand, but nothing else until you know what is sorted. A sort of unofficial small unhooking of the hybrid idea.

I'd have thought most of what they are doing qualifies as enabling, they're just dragging it out painfully slowly so as not to give the impression that the thing is one massive cluster feck.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 11:55 am

Demolition definitely counts as enabling work.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 11:59 am

dead as a dodo currently from barn park webcam not a sole in sight
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 12:27 pm

Here's one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 12:45 pm

I wouldnt mind betting that the rusted steel that makes up the Grandstand is in no fit state to be built on.

Hence the lack of redevelopment, hence the lack of new planning application.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 1:04 pm

knock it all down and build it new, Come on Si you know it makes alot more sense then to do up a shit stand that no one bar a few want to keep.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 1:05 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I wouldnt mind betting that the rusted steel that makes up the Grandstand is in no fit state to be built on.

If only we had a local regional paper that could ask such searching questions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 1:12 pm

Looking at the view from WC2, what a great little stadium we would/could have if the Groanflower joined up to the Demport end and was also extended to join up the Barn Park end - a real potential cauldron of fear and green passion to put fear of bejeezus up the opposition.

Not in my lifetime, I fear!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 1:14 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

One of the scenarios I feared could/may/might/actually be the case further up the thread.
Back to top Go down
TheDuke

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 2:05 pm

In theory Simon H could drop all the other non-Argyle related development applications. Now he has overall control?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next