mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Hoddle Empty
PostSubject: Hoddle   Hoddle EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 5:06 pm

Lets hope he can pull through!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Hoddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoddle   Hoddle EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 5:15 pm

Get well soon Glen.
Back to top Go down

Hoddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoddle   Hoddle EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 5:42 pm

where is that faith healer of his?
Back to top Go down

Hoddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoddle   Hoddle EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 1:30 am

According to fb, he had a massive heart attack and Had it not been for a camera man who happened to be a special constable trained in using a defibrillator he’d be dead. He’s had to have 3 stents put in.

Does anyone remember when he came down here with Swindon in 1991(?) and played us off the park?, I mean we were crap, this being the days of Mark Fiore, Morys Scott and Dave Regis but bloody hell they were on another planet
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Hoddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoddle   Hoddle EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 9:21 am

Yep remember that, a wonderful player and very good manager.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Hoddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoddle   Hoddle EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 10:32 am

Yep I was there for that. Huddle would have been regarded more favourably by history if he'd scored more goals but his distribution and passing were just sublime, he really could control a game and massively respected by the players. Get well soon bhey.
Back to top Go down

Hoddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoddle   Hoddle EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 7:41 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Yep I was there for that. Huddle would have been regarded more favourably by history if he'd scored more goals but his distribution and passing were just sublime, he really could control a game and massively respected by the players. Get well soon bhey.

His goals records wasn’t too shabby, not amazing I grant you. It was just the way time seemed to stop when he had the ball at his feet, the sort of player it was a priveledge to watch. I thought Nalis to a lesser extent was like that for us. Not in the same league of course but wonderful in its own way.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Hoddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoddle   Hoddle EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 9:22 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
According to fb, he had a massive heart attack and Had it not been for a camera man who happened to be a special constable trained in using a defibrillator he’d be dead. He’s had to have 3 stents put in.

Does anyone remember when he came down here with Swindon in 1991(?) and played us off the park?, I mean we were crap, this being the days of Mark Fiore, Morys Scott and Dave Regis but bloody hell they were on another planet

Swindon had a ginger haired scottish striker called Shearer who always got a bucket load of goals against Argyle in that era-think he scored four at HP once,may have been the match in question. Very good footballing team managed by an exceptionally gifted footballer,think he would have done well for England had he not said those daft things.Hope he pulls through this present crisis.
Back to top Go down

Hoddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoddle   Hoddle EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 9:43 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Swindon had a ginger haired scottish striker called Shearer who always got a bucket load of goals against Argyle in that era-think he scored four at HP once,may have been the match in question. Very good footballing team managed by an exceptionally gifted footballer,think he would have done well for England had he not said those daft things.Hope he pulls through this present crisis.

Duncan Shearer got all 4 that day.

It was often heard about him that he would undermine lesser players than him during training by doing what he expected himself. His comments on disability being karma were plain wrong, but by God I love a player that could play the game in such simple terms. The closest we had was Nalis,
Back to top Go down

Hoddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoddle   Hoddle EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 10:22 am

Sounds like he'sout of intensive care and on the mend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hoddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoddle   Hoddle Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoddle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: