PatDunne
Earwegoagain
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Beckley Point nomimated for worst building of the year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beckley Point nomimated for worst building of the year   Beckley Point nomimated for worst building of the year - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 10:41 pm

P.O.I wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Have I just made this up, or did I read somewhere that the MoneyCentre building ( by Drake Circus there) was going going to be bulldozed and a new ‘tallest tower in Plymouth’ was planned for there? scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Artsist render of the plan to demolish Corburg House (Money Centre) and replace with this.........................a 21 story student accommodation block. Planning permission has already been granted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Feck me that is the most artistic of impressions. The landscaping is so artfully done it completely hides the roads, traffic lights, buses, cars and lorries, not to mention the thousands of calorie challenged young people. I remember when it was all trees.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Beckley Point nomimated for worst building of the year   Beckley Point nomimated for worst building of the year - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 10:12 am

More student accommodation when the number of young people taking up university places is expected to nosedive
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beckley Point nomimated for worst building of the year   Beckley Point nomimated for worst building of the year - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 1:42 pm

Compared to that monstrosity being built at Breton Side, Beckley Point is a structure of architectural beauty.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Beckley Point nomimated for worst building of the year   Beckley Point nomimated for worst building of the year - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 3:02 pm

Graiser wrote:
Compared to that monstrosity being built at Breton Side, Beckley Point is a structure of architectural beauty.

I pootled past that on Saturday. It's not good, is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beckley Point nomimated for worst building of the year   Beckley Point nomimated for worst building of the year - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 4:39 pm

It just isn't going to add diddly squat, as Oriflce would say, to the city centre, in fact it detracts. That is test of good architecture. At least the YMCA was part of the community with a coherent role.
Whereas, although a controversial start that I opposed myself due to the ARC concrete thing, no one can say the government funded Theatre Royal hasn't added to the community, and it has just now received listed building status, one of a handful in the country. None of the ludicrous pavilions mega losses, national status, local decent fulfilling jobs for many and creativity over decades, a rare commodity in the muff. A real success
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beckley Point nomimated for worst building of the year   Beckley Point nomimated for worst building of the year - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Beckley Point nomimated for worst building of the year
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2