Sir Francis Drake
Punchdrunk
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Coventry City - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 4:51 pm

Need virtually 8-9 new players

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 4:57 pm

lost 1-0

sounds like we bucked up our ideas too little too late in that game. on to wycombe.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 4:57 pm

refs appalling , Careys attitude sounds it too , should drop him to the bench at least, till it improves, he's been dog shit so far this season
Back to top Go down
HalaArgyle

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 5:37 pm

This is what happens when we didn’t strengthen our starting 11 over summer, long season ahead unless we get our act together quickly. ATID
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Long ole season or we win next couple home games on trot.?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 5:58 pm

Hopefully someone from here went to the game I only listened to snippets (feckin bbc devon)

I've a two part question

Is the problem that we have just picked up shite in the window or that we are still looking like this group of players have never met and only meet every Saturday for a kick about ?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 11:58 pm

The players that were brought in were a massive downgrade simples
Wycombe game Tuesday we don’t get a result
They will jump above us and we will replace them in the relegation zone
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 5:40 am

Freathy wrote:
Down to 10

This team is truly shit

Just get out of my club completely brent you poisonous parasite

Tis the organic model, Sad Act. Year on year dogshit on and off the pitch, whilst the organ grinder fleeces the janners.

Hope SH has a better plan, or it's more of the same.

Makes me nauseous just looking at the pics on GOS .

Compliant fans deserve all they don't get.

Geddon.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 7:10 am

Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Down to 10

This team is truly shit

Just get out of my club completely brent you poisonous parasite

Tis the organic model, Sad Act. Year on year dogshit on and off the pitch, whilst the organ grinder fleeces the janners.

Hope SH has a better plan, or it's more of the same.

Makes me nauseous just looking at the pics on GOS .

Compliant fans deserve all they don't get.

Geddon.

Am very hopeful with minor reservations Tringy that Simon Hallett brings huge resources to HP. Having done some personal research it appears he sits very much in the PL as regards moolah
Important that Adams retains League 1 status this season with the worst set of misfits he's landed himself to date. Some of the dust will have settled by seasons end and am sure there will be a massive uplift in budget from sources various for next season
Few have questioned where was Hallett when the club crashed. Richard Blight confirmed as part of the trust at the time that they received a substantial cheque from him without fanfare and fuss

Lets face it the last 7 years have been appalling on and off the pitch it simply cannot be any worse with SH running the show

Course this time next year sitting where the pitch currently resides could be a Walmart in all its glory...... laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 10:41 am

Crap result but no need for knee jerk reactions just yet
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 10:45 am

Substantial cheque..funny that it’s only just came out now at this time can we see any proof of that please ??
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 10:49 am

Substantial cheque...but not substantial enough to save us and what with all this substantial wealth
We keep hearing his got as well lol
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 10:50 am

So why now and not then ?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 11:15 am

This season gets more like last season week-by-week.

We went to Cov with the intention of keeping it tight and playing narrow with both full backs tucked well in only to scupper much chance of that being effective by conceding a very soft penalty and then Ness getting himself sent off.

The Taylor penalty incident apart we didn't ever look like scoring.

In truth it was poor fare from both sides but they won and we lost and so it is us that'll come away saying that we need to do better and we do.

Macey and the 2 CBs were my MotM shouts but Lameiras looked lively when he came on and we then did better with 10 men than we did with 11 but overall we weren't good enough and got no more than we deserved.

It was pleasingly easy to get a pie and a pint at half-time and the Old Windmill in Cov city centre was most agreeable. Nice day out with mates and the U5s were delighted to get their photos took with a few players at Michael Wood on the way back.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 11:52 am

According to the Site Creature from Twatoti, its the crap refs who fail to give argo the six penalties needed by the Job seekers to win a match rather than the fact that these mugs are'nt up to it.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 12:04 pm

HalaArgyle wrote:
This is what happens when we didn’t strengthen our starting 11 over summer, long season ahead unless we get our act together quickly. ATID

Yep, it's going to be long, long, long season.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 12:07 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Substantial cheque..funny that it’s only just came out now at this time can we see any proof of that please ??

Reg Richard Blight has said it many times over the past 2-3 years its not a new revelation as such. Am sure the AFT guy here will tell more.
Edited...have asked in the AFT sub forum
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 1:21 pm

Graiser wrote:

Knee jerk reactions Tm. Throbber. This thread is for commenting on yesterday's game and the result which obviously allows for comparisons between this team and last years team. I really fail to see any knee jerking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Graiser wrote:

I'm sure you're not immune to knee jerks in your life, just like the rest of us, as they do happen. So pray tell, what was the last knee jerk in your life you'll admit to ?..... and was it useful as time played out ?  Difficult to tell if you're just anti knee jerk in general as a classic behaviour preference, sort of slow reactions and all that,  or just a passive stick in the mud that trusts to the providence of the pulpit.  

I'm not knee jerking myself re the football at this present time, as it's still August.... so who gives one ? ... I don't. Maybe that's the answer to steadying one's nerves in life, just don't care that much.   LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 8:58 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
According to the Site Creature from Twatoti, its the crap refs who fail to give argo the six penalties needed by the Job seekers to win a match rather than the fact that these mugs are'nt up to it.

Just you wait until the lads 'gel'.....
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 11:06 am

Postcode is now saying that we are lucky to have a board that sanctions all of the signing on fees for these crap players Adams is forced to sign with the shit budget he has
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 11:20 am

Big Robby wrote:
Postcode is now saying that we are lucky to have a board that sanctions all of the signing on fees for these crap players Adams is forced to sign with the shit budget he has

How we have ended up with these 2 Everton munters god alone knows. I dont think some on Pasoti have realised yet just how weak we currently are
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 12:08 pm

Big Robby wrote:

We have a board that allows us to sign football players. What a time to be alive!!
Back to top Go down
woking_green

woking_green

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 12:30 pm

Afternoon all, I'm the latest to be booted from the other board! Probably cos I dug out that GreenArmy nutter.

Looks like a slow start again. Yes the ref was terrible but we didn't show much in the game. Can't call any game in August a must win but Wycombe is as close as it'll get
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 12:40 pm

woking_green wrote:
Afternoon all, I'm the latest to be booted from the other board! Probably cos I dug out that GreenArmy nutter.

Looks like a slow start again. Yes the ref was terrible but we didn't show much in the game. Can't call any game in August a must win but Wycombe is as close as it'll get

I that the stripes fella ?? I was asking where he had disappered to previously
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City   Coventry City - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coventry City
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next