tigertony
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 9:54 am

No. I had to water it earlier.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 7:41 pm

We had a hell of a storm on Sunday that lasted about four or five hours sadly it was daytime so no real good lightening images but man it rained.
Had a terrible night last night, binned the summer duvet about a week ago, last night went down to just a sheet. Woke up at four and I was a bit cold so put the empty duvet cover over sheet and woke up an hour later soaked in sweat. Dog days innit.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 8:51 pm

Perseid meteors peak tonight. Location set (Ditsworthy Warren Farmhouse - the one used in 'War Horse') camera and lighting set-up, No moon tonight and the Milky Way aligns perfectly over  Sheepstor tonight. Perfect.

Apart from fekin 79% cloud cover, thunder and lightening and pissing down forecast for tonight. FFS. Any of the God squad on here? Have a fekin word will ya!FFS. Double FFS.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 9:09 pm

I check out the meteors every year.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 10:50 pm

Well, I'm still going out there. Feck em. I only need an hour window for a clear night sky to get some decent shots. I'm going out there late afternoon/evening first to shoot the foreground, then back again to shoot the sky.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 11:21 pm

POI wrote:
Well, I'm still going out there. Feck em. I only need an hour window for a clear night sky to get some decent shots. I'm going out there late afternoon/evening first to shoot the foreground, then back again to shoot the sky.

Mightn't you be better at Start Point, East Prawle area, or somewhere else on the coast? It's always way clearer down that way and they do get some nice dark skies.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 2:42 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
POI wrote:

Mightn't you be better at Start Point, East Prawle area, or somewhere else on the coast? It's always way clearer down that way and they do get some nice dark skies.

Indeed. Start Point is a Bortal 3 on the light pollution scale, so is very good for some astro photography. However,  I want something interesting in the foreground. I'm going for low level ambient lighting to light up the old farmhouse. Hopefully getting in Leather Tor on the horizon - all during the blue hour.  Then shooting the sky separately later tonight by doing a multi exposure 20 panel vertical panorama to get a dozen meteors in the same final image, and hopefully, at around 23:55, also get the galactic core of the Milky Way in the frame as well.

A bold plan indeed. I have every faith that it will be a complete disaster on the one night of the year that these meteors will peak. In fact, looking at the weather forecast. I'm totally convinced I should stay at home, put my feet up, drink lashings of frothing ale and listen to some Greta Van Fleet instead. drunken
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 3:20 am

Wot he said. scratch

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 3:54 am

lol Haven't you got a phone like mine?
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 7:39 am

I can confirm, it's absolutely wanking it down here on Dartmoor. I did load the car, then felt a few plops of rain, then shouted out to the missus, feck it love, get the beer out and order a Chinese. Those feckin meteors can wait until next year! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 9:15 am

It will make the shot you want all the sweeter when you get it. If it were easy we'd all do it. It's like the clipse all over again.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 9:20 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
It will make the shot you want all the sweeter when you get it. If it were easy we'd all do it. It's like the clipse all over again.

Absolutely. Not exactly life or death is it!. As long as I live another 12 months, I'll get them there bazzerd meters next year mheeet! drunken
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 6:47 pm

Lodger number 1 has got her A level result of A* so will be off to university in September to start training as a teacher like her mother.

I wonder if I can rent her room out? raised eyebrow

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 6:51 pm

Now got a sparrowhawk in the garden ripping up its prey. I will have a good bit of clearing up to do later!

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 7:19 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Lodger number 1 has got her A level result of A* so will be off to university in September to start training as a teacher like her mother.

How about a nice Scandinavian Au Pair to deal with your every day needs.....she could also do some domestic work as well... to keep on the good side of your GSG girl of course.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 7:24 pm

Went to bed at 11.30pm as the sky cleared, had a look for some meteors of which I didn't see any although there was lightening flashes from the north like a strobe but I didn't hear one peal of thunder, most bizarre.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 7:28 pm

zyph wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

How about a nice Scandinavian Au Pair to deal with your every day needs.....she could also do some domestic work as well... to keep on the good side of your GSG girl of course.

That’s a great idea but knowing my luck at the moment they would be male.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 7:31 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Went to bed at 11.30pm as the sky cleared, had a look for some meteors of which I didn't see any although there was lightening flashes from the north like a strobe but I didn't hear one peal of thunder, most bizarre.

Watched until about 2.30 am and saw a couple of good ones. It clouded over so I went to bed.

Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 5:43 pm

New sofa arrives today.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 8:46 pm

People across the road just had their horse put down.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 7:07 pm

Cheers Mr. Sunak for a slap-up dinner at my local - all for £8. Thanks/OK

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 10:32 pm

Blackberry picking this morning
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 10:12 pm

Lodger number 2 received his GCSE results this morning and got A* x2, A, B, higher C x2 and a C. Has to wait for his btec result next week. Staying on for 6th form at school which means he can roll out of bed 45 minutes before he needs to be there. School is literally 10 minutes up the road.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2020 12:40 am

Well done to the bhey.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2020 2:21 am

Out to YELVERTON BOHEMIANS CC to watch grandson play cricket tonight, if I can find a way into the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 22 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next