seadog
Bob Crow
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 10:33 am

Just been reading about the fallout of the collapse of House of Fraser including the closure of Dingles. Something struck me in particular was the level of staff numbers involved. It's claimed 6000 staff over the estate of the 31 stores earmarked for closure are involved and are facing redundancy, 6000 is an astonishing number of staff for just 31 stores and surely that is one area finances are being haemorrhaged! I know some stores are considerably larger than others and not all staff are directly employed by HOF but by the concessions but still, that's an average of nearly 194 staff per store which is huge, I'm no economist, but with levels of staffing like that it's no wonder their in the brown stuff, no doubt a large proportion of this number are management roles with high levels of remuneration.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 10:59 am

The Fraser store in Glasgow is vast, I am sure there are more than 200 employees in there when it is open.

Part timers, management, cleaners etc, they soon mount up.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 11:00 am

Student accommodation foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 11:18 am

seadog wrote:
The Fraser store in Glasgow is vast, I am sure there are more than 200 employees in there when it is open.

Part timers, management, cleaners etc, they soon mount up.
As I alluded to that some stores like Glasgow and Oxford Street are huge and hold a lot of staff but there are considerably smaller, so it is still a very high figure and an unsustainable one at that as the crisis their in proves. Still unsustainable even after negotiating an average rent discount of 31% accross the estate.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 11:21 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Student accommodation foreshore.
Should go well alongside the next new high rise student block that's just been approved for behind the MoneyCentre.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 12:18 pm

Devastating news in Mutant Abbot today, Tuckers Malting's to close in September. 118 years of history coming to an end. That will be the end of the iconic beer festival also and the current Malting's bar which is very popular locally.
M&S also going next month, has freaked the local oldies right out.
Was a dead ringer for the Fraser in the Muff to go.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 12:22 pm

High Street will soon by full of reggie perins 'grot' shops and spice heads.
Sad.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 1:15 pm

Bollocks thats the free pisshouses shut then.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 2:10 pm

I'm building me a bunker and stocking up with autos. We're fooked.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 12:50 am

I thought that Tuckers have said that the taphouse will remain open and the beer festival will still run? I could be wrong, but I think it's just the malting that will stop. A real shame - they were one of three traditional floor maltings in the UK, from memory.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 11:01 am

I've made many a pint from their malted barley I used to love the trip up there to get supplies. Have they closed yet I may go and grab a couple of sacks?
Back to top Go down

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 11:24 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I've made many a pint from their malted barley I used to love the trip up there to get supplies. Have they closed yet I may go and grab a couple of sacks?

No mate, closing in the autumn of this year.
Back to top Go down

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 am

Nice bar they have there.
AKA GreenGull should know whats going on there.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 11:53 am

I'm more concerned about Bradley leaving than HOF closing.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 12:19 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 2:00 pm

https://www.devonlive.com/whats-on/music-nightlife/popular-pub-remain-open-despite-1651619

Taphouse and Teignworthy brewery to remain open. Fingers crossed for the beer festival. There's not many better ways to spend a sunny spring day.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 10:01 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I'm more concerned about Bradley leaving than HOF closing.

FFS! GET A GRIP.

You're reading the wrong thread.  raised eyebrow

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 10:09 pm

lol!  I'm glad I'm still posting under my present off-shore company username, just, or else I would have been accused in my absence of being Bob.
Back to top Go down

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 5:22 am

beesrus wrote:
lol!  I'm glad I'm still posting under my present off-shore company username, just, or else I would have been accused in my absence of being Bob.

There’s been a few
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

House of Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Fraser   House of Fraser Empty

Back to top Go down

House of Fraser
Page 1 of 1