Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

John Sheridan has been appointed as manager of Carlisle United.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

John Sheridan has been appointed as manager of Carlisle United. Empty
PostSubject: John Sheridan has been appointed as manager of Carlisle United.   John Sheridan has been appointed as manager of Carlisle United. EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 9:34 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44377783

The 53-year-old former Republic of Ireland international has joined after helping League One Fleetwood avoid relegation at the end of last season.

He has succeeded Keith Curle, who decided to depart the Cumbrians after three and a half seasons in charge.

"There are challenges for the club, but I'm going to face them head on," Sheridan said. "I'm really proud to be Carlisle's new manager."

Sheridan has also previously managed Oldham Athletic, Notts County, Plymouth Argyle, Newport County and Chesterfield.

He led Chesterfield to promotion to League One in 2011 and also won the Football League Trophy with the Spireites the following year.

"I've no hesitation saying that my hopes are to get Carlisle promoted," he said. "I have ambition, vision and want to establish a strong DNA within the football club."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan has been appointed as manager of Carlisle United.   John Sheridan has been appointed as manager of Carlisle United. EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 9:53 pm

another job!!! how is that now in the space of 3 years? good luck to him however.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan has been appointed as manager of Carlisle United.   John Sheridan has been appointed as manager of Carlisle United. EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 9:57 pm

He must negotiate some decent bonuses for keeping teams up or getting them up on a short term deal,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan has been appointed as manager of Carlisle United.   John Sheridan has been appointed as manager of Carlisle United. Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1