Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???

Go down 
+34
argyl3
Peggy
Tringreen
Dick Trickle
VillageGreen
Sir Francis Drake
PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
zyph
TJOA
Kenny G
Dingle
sufferedsince 68
lawnmowerman
PatDunne
akagreengull
Grim Oop North
Mock Cuncher
Czarcasm
Herb.
Les Miserable
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
Rickler
harvetheslayer
seadog
Chemical Ali
Jethro
RegGreen
Earwegoagain
Freathy
Yea Man
Punchdrunk
Bob Crow
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenlander

Greenlander

Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 11:11 am

Has there been such unwavering devotion from a section of our support to a chairman ever before. I find it all quite disconcerting.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 11:30 am

People don't like admitting they are wrong. It is wierd football first foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 11:35 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
That "Elburton Trev" is a well known "swampy" he was unearthed (am serious) during drilling operations regarding Solo Oil and Angus Energy couple years ago at Lidsey
Complete basket case he was interviewed (I follow Angs on twitter) and he went off on one instead about his Argyle support. He was quite articulate but an absolute complete fruitcake.
I look forward to Trev 'calling me out' as not being an Argyle supporter. laugh

The irony is though that the stickerman in question not only attends all matches home and away pretty well but buys tickets for his extended family as well as shirts and stuff from the shop.
There seems to be a lot of confusion about support. I support the team 100% when at a match what I can't support is an asset stripping property developer (a shit one at that) especially when he is aware of all Nools bullying of fans but chooses to ignore it.

What you describe is truly bizarre.

It wasn't that long ago that the fanbase was pretty much unanimous in ts disapproval of Dan McCauley but still managed to get whole-heartedly behind the team and nobody was slagged off for not being a Praaaaaaaaper Fan then.

It was widely accepted and understood that the owner was not the club was not the team back then and that you could be fully behind one but critical of others without being thought of as a Quisling.

Out of curiosity does anybody remember who the driving forces behind MOAG (the McCauley Out Action Group) were because it would be interesting to see where they positioned themselves today.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 12:07 pm

Exactly - plenty of folk were initially fans of the Dan and his reign can't have been much longer than Brent's is now. Seven years is a footballing aeon. Swansea and Northampton have been from Division Four to One and back again in that time.

Is it a facet of the social media age that some people take a position and are unable or unwilling to change as they're frightened they'll be called out on it and look weak or similar.

I'd imagine a straw poll of my match going mates would reveal all seven of us were broadly pro-Brent back in the day (one with reservations) while today would see three anti, one still pro and the other unsure. I'll ask Saturday.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 1:41 pm

BBC1 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
That "Elburton Trev" is a well known "swampy" he was unearthed (am serious) during drilling operations regarding Solo Oil and Angus Energy couple years ago at Lidsey
Complete basket case he was interviewed (I follow Angs on twitter) and he went off on one instead about his Argyle support. He was quite articulate but an absolute complete fruitcake.
calling you out now your not a being a Argyle are they beeb laugh yeah but are you a real person though beeb laugh lol! ld
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 2:07 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

The irony is though that the stickerman in question not only attends all matches home and away pretty well but buys tickets for his extended family as well as shirts and stuff from the shop.
There seems to be a lot of confusion about support. I support the team 100% when at a match what I can't support is an asset stripping property developer (a shit one at that) especially when he is aware of all Nools bullying of fans but chooses to ignore it.

It wasn't that long ago that the fanbase was pretty much unanimous in ts disapproval of Dan McCauley but still managed to get whole-heartedly behind the team and nobody was slagged off for not being a Praaaaaaaaper Fan then.

It was widely accepted and understood that the owner was not the club was not the team back then and that you could be fully behind one but critical of others without being thought of as a Quisling.

Out of curiosity does anybody remember who the driving forces behind MOAG (the McCauley Out Action Group) were because it would be interesting to see where they positioned themselves today.
The superfan culture is to blame in the old days it was them & us you knew where you stood and it was easy to call em out but since the superfan bollox it was encouraged by the owner to split the fan base so Brent could get on with his nonsense partly undetected while the superfans play football clubs basically there playing a kind middle management/arselicking the owner and splitting the fan base even further
Worse thing ever this so called superfan culture
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 2:13 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

I do remember reading a snippet on the 'Ilogan files' on the old Psaoti where Newell claims to have attended matches in Macauley's era but stood with his back to the game. He'd obviously deny it now and you also never know when he's telling the truth anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:55 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

The superfan culture is to blame in the old days it was them & us you knew where you stood and it was easy to call em out but since the superfan bollox it was encouraged by the owner to split the fan base so Brent could get on with his nonsense partly undetected while the superfans play football clubs basically there playing a kind middle management/arselicking the owner and splitting the fan base even further
Worse thing ever this so called superfan culture

You're dead right there Earwig, and my position to a tee. People have to drag me kicking and screaming to Home Park while the bankers are still in charge. It does happen, I do have responsibilities, but very infrequently. Quite proud of my boycott actually, considering my ubiquitous presence in the past.
And yes, Reg, the superfan thing has been spawned by the internet. Up until then, gorms like Newell were of no use whatsoever to the likes of Brent. Watch out for another gorm cuddling up to Silent Si. Every owner needs a pet, and an empathetic voice out there in webland. It applies to virtually every consumer industry these days, and is probably now expounded upon in business/media degrees at college.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 5:33 pm

RegGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
calling you out now your not a being a Argyle are they beeb laugh yeah but are you a real person though beeb laugh lol! ld
Which multi are you signed in as today Reg? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 5:34 pm

Greenlander wrote:
Has there been such unwavering devotion from a section of our support to a chairman ever before. I find it all quite disconcerting.

No I don't think there ever has been.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 6:09 pm

BBC1 wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Which multi are you signed in as today Reg? lol!
Today I will be signed in as Loretta Darling beeb lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 9:21 pm

Porky's porked his own crackling and spat his dummy back into his trough today. How dare that the new carpark near the station put a post on the farm about it without making a 'SUBSTANTIAL' donation to Porky's green fees account.
laugh mmw mmw mmw mmw
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 9:53 pm

Bizarre incident on there yesterday.Up the Line,who is always one of the more controversial but eminently readable posters,made a jocular comparison [admittedly with a touch of light sarcasm but hardly a hanging offence] between the old portacabins and new ones and was warned for apparently coming near to trolling.Yours truly asked how his remarks could be interpreted that way whereupon my post and that of UTL's were moved to the trolling dump thread which is locked with no chance of reply and a patronising "we'll do the modding,sit down at the back" type admonishment for me.Weird and don't think i'll bother too much with it in future-there probably won't be many broken hearts about that,the Brent out signature does seem to upset those of a more sensitive nature.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 10:23 pm

I don't know how you have been able to stomach being a part of that forum for so long given your clear independent views. You're the token whatever, and will be abused as and when the doctrine sees fit. It's classic control with a bit of tossing the mouse for a bit of fun, almost soviet style. I guess you don't see it that way. I did, so I consciously left, years and years ago. Don't for a second think you're helping a cause on that forum..... you're not. You can still make your feelings known elsewhere... pasoti is no longer the prime outlet of opinion. You'll feel a whole lot better.....done, dusted, new page.... delete, reformat, in modern parlance.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 pm

beesrus wrote:
I don't know how you have been able to stomach being a part of that forum for so long given your clear independent views. You're the token whatever, and will be abused as and when the doctrine sees fit. It's classic control with a bit of tossing the mouse for a bit of fun, almost soviet style. I guess you don't see it that way. I did, so I consciously left, years and years ago. Don't for a second think you're helping a cause on that forum..... you're not. You can still make your feelings known elsewhere... pasoti is no longer the prime outlet of opinion. You'll feel a whole lot better.....done, dusted, new page.... delete, reformat, in modern parlance.

There are still others such as Grumpy Loyal, Dunlop, Balham Green, UTL etc who offer alternative viewpoints but i'm not so daft that the seemingly inexorable drift towards the large majority of the site becoming increasingly reflective of uncritically pro club opinions hasn't been noticed. Couldn't care less about being in a big minority [if you know what i mean] though and i didn't get the impression that my views in any way engendered a sense of "fun" among some of the more pro Brent elements,rather the opposite in fact- it was the arbitrary and high handed absurdity of the incident yesterday which gripped the shit.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 10:57 pm

Greenskin wrote:
beesrus wrote:

There are still others such as Grumpy Loyal, Dunlop, Balham Green, UTL etc who offer alternative viewpoints but i'm not so daft that the seemingly inexorable drift towards the large majority of the site becoming increasingly reflective of uncritically pro club opinions hasn't been noticed. Couldn't care less about being in a big minority [if you know what i mean] though and i didn't get the impression that my views in any way engendered a sense of "fun" among some of the more pro Brent elements,rather the opposite in fact- it was the arbitrary and high handed absurdity of the incident yesterday which gripped the shit.

Those 3 get bullied more with each passing day by the PASOTI politburo. I am genuinely amazed how they have stayed on for so long, I guess porky likes to keep a few select 'token' dissenters so others can witness the online bleaching that they take.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:18 pm

Yeah yeah yeah Skinny. If you don't like high handed arbitrary bollux, do something about it, don't hide behind other people or misplaced hope for the future.
Sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe in, and let's be frank, if you can't do that with a two bit pro footy internet forum, you're probably not the sort to openly do it elsewhere. Maybe you just ain't the leaving sort.
The idea is not to continually avoid the chop from a gorm, the idea is to wash your hands of a culture you don't approve of. If you can't do that small thing, there's not a lot more to be said.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:31 pm

But then leaving would give Porky and Brent a bit more ease. It's not like he works for them he just types a few words here and there as we all do which is all a waste of time in the grand scheme of things. Maybe he doesn't want to belong to your 'group'?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 pm

beesrus wrote:
Yeah yeah yeah Skinny. If you don't like high handed arbitrary bollux, do something about it, don't hide behind other people or misplaced hope for the future.
Sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe in, and let's be frank, if you can't do that with a two bit pro footy internet forum, you're probably not the sort to openly do it elsewhere. Maybe you just ain't the leaving sort.
The idea is not to continually avoid the chop from a gorm, the idea is to wash your hands of a culture you don't approve of. If you can't do that small thing, there's not a lot more to be said.

Unfuckingbelievable...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:47 pm

And one more thing, talking about that new car park that has become the biggest joke Stuart Road has seen for many a long year, there was actually a guy with a sandwich board out at 8am at Pennycomequick last week pointing people toward said car park..... never seen anything like it.

Still only 4 cars a day use the thing, and even the car wash gang look like they're giving up the ghost. Who on earth thought a car park down there would pay it's way. Jim Brent ? I'm still assuming it's some sort of loss leading ruse for something else, some form of land banking. In the grand scheme of things it should be used immediately for much needed lower end social housing, but it would appear that is still not a priority. Wonder why ?
Back to top Go down
mandela

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 12:44 am

Can't remember the names but there's still plenty of users on PASOTI who irritate the people who run that site. The funny thing is that the owner seems to bite !
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 1:22 am

They must be the last few left then that don’t seem to have log in problems lol
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 5:06 am

mandela wrote:
Can't remember the names but there's still plenty of users on PASOTI who irritate the people who run that site. The funny thing is that the owner seems to bite !
More multis than users on that censorship platform.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 6:39 am

In 2008 Newell admitted to having 43 multis on there Bob. I kinda thought it was an end of an era when he came out with it and finally admitted the wrong doing but common concensus is that he has currently over a 120 in action/hibernation rolled out when needs must shared amongst the rabid mod pack
Someone claimed he had over 20,000 posts on Exeters forum but I simply dont believe it quite ridiculous claim
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 9:36 am

beesrus wrote:

lol! Did you actually read my first post where i stated that i wasn't going to bother with PASOTI in the future? If so, then what exactly do you want, a formal PM of resignation to their mods copied to you for information? And what "is hiding behind other people and misplaced hope for the future" supposed to mean FFS? Darned if i know but it does strike me that an implication that another person is rather weak and unprincipled is a bit rich coming from someone whose flight or fight response to an "attack" on ATD was to close it down.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???   Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN??? - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Has Porky completely lost his mind AGAIN???
Page 27 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next