+4
Sir Francis Drake
Earwegoagain
akagreengull
seadog
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Roll Forward 3 months Empty
PostSubject: Roll Forward 3 months   Roll Forward 3 months EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 11:02 am

Presently the team have done a fantastic job - all things considered.

In other matters, well, it's fooking abysmal, as usual, re the ground, Brent's continuing reign of terror, resignations, injuries, trendy NED's just for the sake of 'trendy' NED's, crapshack calamities, tickets, Argo Angels on their way back, segregation, catering, stewarding etc etc.

If we think it's a crock of shit now - I'm thinking what it 'could' be like in a few months! Possibilities are:

DA feck's off after he's tapped up with an offer he can't refuse
Half the team fecks off due to no new contract negotioations
We become a middle-of-the-road LG 1 team again
Our new NED's turn out to be Lesbian lizard shape shifters
The Horseshoe is condemned through lack of maintenance
The crapshack refurb gets put on indefinite hold
Hallet demands his money back
Half of next years team are made up of Saltash United old boys
Tiger Tone becomes ATD keyholder

And..................Newell and Texas Ted buy a Euro Millions ticket and win, and take over from Brent! affraid

What a complete feckin mess.

Last edited by P.O.I on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roll Forward 3 months   Roll Forward 3 months EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 11:12 am

Lesbian lizard shape shifters, I'm sure I saw a video called that once.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Roll Forward 3 months   Roll Forward 3 months EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 11:49 am

Stay strong mate, Lord Akkeron of Argo will see us through, once the ice rink is built everything will be good. cheers
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Roll Forward 3 months   Roll Forward 3 months EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 12:42 pm

This is the best season in living memory FFS! Well if you are a twelve year old pasoti poster it is anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Roll Forward 3 months   Roll Forward 3 months EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 12:58 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
This is the best season in living memory FFS! Well if you are a twelve year old pasoti poster it is anyway.

And that, I suspect, is a rather more accurate précis than you might suspect.

Let's face it every year since Holloway went, bar last season, has been a struggle. Post-Holloway we struggled and hung on but eventually went down, then we struggled, went into admn and went down then we stayed down and nearly went out of the league twice, FA cup humiliation was heaped on FA cup humiliation and there seemed to be no end to it.

Well if you are 12 years old now when Holloway went in 2007 you'd've been 1 so this success is the only success you have known and so it is obviously the best ever.

One of my mates has a son in his final year at university and our promotion last year was the first one he had ever seen and he is now 21.

Is it any wonder that our youngsters have lost the plot and gone full Aviva about how wonderful it all is right now? It's just like the music scene when a kid discovers a shit hot new band. It's great (of course it is) because it feels like the very first time (which it is for them) when in reality it has happened so often it barely merits comment.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Roll Forward 3 months   Roll Forward 3 months EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 1:18 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Let's face it every year since Holloway went, bar last season, has been a struggle. Post-Holloway we struggled and hung on but eventually went down, then we struggled, went into admn and went down then we stayed down and nearly went out of the league twice, FA cup humiliation was heaped on FA cup humiliation and there seemed to be no end to it.

Well if you are 12 years old now when Holloway went in 2007 you'd've been 1 so this success is the only success you have known and so it is obviously the best ever.

One of my mates has a son in his final year at university and our promotion last year was the first one he had ever seen and he is now 21.

Is it any wonder that our youngsters have lost the plot and gone full Aviva about how wonderful it all is right now? It's just like the music scene when a kid discovers a shit hot new band. It's great (of course it is) because it feels like the very first time (which it is for them) when in reality it has happened so often it barely merits comment.

Good point there. Going back to when I was a bhey, about the first 5 years of my support were when Argyle were a solid enough second division outfit and it was a major shock when Argyle were relegated in 1968-simply couldn't believe it because I had known nothing else. No different now except the bar has been significantly lowered and a step above the fourth division would possibly be regarded as a bonus rather than substandard for people who have known nothing else.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Roll Forward 3 months   Roll Forward 3 months EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 1:53 pm

Adams will be gone
Certainly some players will be poached out of contract with better offers
Matthews Vyner Paton Church obviously gone in addition
Refurb will be exactly as we are today
GT's will be exactly as we are today
Horseshoe after the summer sun will have 8 shades of green seats

.....and Wankspasm will be keeping the faith along with his stripes

All somewhat depressing popcorn
Back to top Go down
Archie9

PostSubject: Re: Roll Forward 3 months   Roll Forward 3 months EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 2:41 pm

There is no doubt Adams has worked a miracle,with the resources he has,and it is despite Brent,not because of him,doing things on a bargain budget only last for so long,so it’s just a matter of time before the best players move on,maybe Adams as well and all we will be left with is Brent’s austerity and all that goes with it,bleddy depressing really !
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Roll Forward 3 months   Roll Forward 3 months EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 3:48 pm

Archie9 wrote:
There is no doubt Adams has worked a miracle,with the resources he has,and it is despite Brent,not because of him,doing things on a bargain budget only last for so long,so it’s just a matter of time before the best players move on,maybe A
Asdams as well and all we will be left with is Brent’s austerity and all that goes with it,bleddy depressing really !

There is always the cricket in summer and rugger in winter
as an alternative to the Brentmare.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Roll Forward 3 months   Roll Forward 3 months EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 4:28 pm

I will be amazed if the miracle worker is still struggling against the odds at the Brentihad next season, if he was supported at a proper club god knows what he could achieve.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Roll Forward 3 months   Roll Forward 3 months EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 6:53 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Good point there. Going back to when I was a bhey, about the first 5 years of my support were when Argyle were a solid enough second division outfit and it was a major shock when Argyle were relegated in 1968-simply couldn't believe it because I had known nothing else. No different now except the bar has been significantly lowered and a step above the fourth division would possibly be regarded as a bonus rather than substandard for people who have known nothing else.

I actually made the point after talking about this season to my eldest Who is now 25, he started going with me to watch Argyle right at the start of Luggys first spell. His early memories of Argyle are famous victory and famous Victory, Frioo, Evans, Couglan, Wotton, Norris, Hodges (one of my favourite players ever btw) battling giants like QPR Cardiff and West Ham, Leeds (bogey bastards) and Necastle, Champions, Promotions and full houses, great days. Since he was about twelve it hasn't been good until now. He's always gone to matches with me and now his mates they are loving this season and fair play to them they've waited a long time for it. Anyone younger than about twenty has seen feck all positive and it's a miracle they support Argyle at all maybe we are too hard on Nools audience?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roll Forward 3 months   Roll Forward 3 months Empty

Back to top Go down

Roll Forward 3 months
Page 1 of 1