RegGreen
harvetheslayer
Tgwu
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Piss stained Deliar claiming it was deliberate to leave pitch open to elements
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 12:14 pm

Greenskin wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Game off sensation!!!! Nerds shocked that despite six months of rain the the northern pansies had the cheek to call the game off, thaeem scared of uzz was the cry from a Village Elder. jocolor jocolor jocolor

It is shit on Scunthorpe's part though and I don't blame people for being fecking angry about it. I was on the wrong end of this situation once at Newcastle when we got all the way there and it was called off but that was 1989 and things should have moved on a bit since then-surely it isn't much to ask for a bit of basic pitch covering? Bad news for Argyle now having two difficult trips for rearranged games in the north, would imagine that Adams is not particularly chuffed about the situation.
Scunthope should have had a seven am pitch inspection foreshore to save fans travelling, but its been raining in and off for days so this was alway the likely outcome.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 12:17 pm

Bugger, on the other hand we will have a game in hand, fingers crossed the Pompey, Charlton and Posh results are favourable.
Fingers also crossed for the Gulls v Woking today, amazed that is still on given the shit drainage at Plainmoor and the constant piss down up ere in this part of Devon.
COYGulls cheers

Last edited by akagreengull on Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 12:18 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Game off sensation!!!! Nerds shocked that despite six months of rain the the northern pansies had the cheek to call the game off, thaeem scared of uzz was the cry from a Village Elder. jocolor jocolor jocolor

It is shit on Scunthorpe's part though and I don't blame people for being fecking angry about it. I was on the wrong end of this situation once at Newcastle when we got all the way there and it was called off but that was 1989 and things should have moved on a bit since then-surely it isn't much to ask for a bit of basic pitch covering? Bad news for Argyle now having two difficult trips for rearranged games in the north, would imagine that Adams is not particularly chuffed about the situation.
Scunthope should have had a seven am pitch inspection foreshore to save fans travelling, but its been raining on and off for days so this was alway the likely outcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 12:33 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 12:37 pm

They have a cover, as was shown with the snow a month ago. Still, alls fair in love and war. Doctoring pitches was all the rage years ago to suit home advantage. How else did we thump footballing Reading 4 to 1 that Christmas. The pitch was like a bog and I seem to remember a young up and coming centre forward knocking them all over the park, wonder what happened to him ?  Banks ? Arnold ? Barnes-Wallis ? something like that pirat
Funny enough our slide down the table seemed to coincide with the new super bowling green of a pitch we never paid for. And let's not even mention the institutionalised pitch doctoring and tampering  of test cricket.  

Adams will of course be fuming, kicking the coach seats all the way home, and that will add to Scunthorpe's clever move. I would have thought a chartered plane for this one might have been worth it, given the long advertised rain of yesterday. I knew a week ago. Ahhhh, only one problem there. Brent and Hallett, the sunshine boys.
Still, nothing lost, and the owners and directors can all claim back their travelling expenses as usual, no matter what. Just a few Avivas caught in the cross-fire. What else would they be doing on a holiday weekend anyway? They love their motorways. LOL
However my condolences to ATDers who deserve nothing but good fortune all the days of their life. Write and bill Scunthorpe United. Create a stink.

Last edited by beesrus on Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 12:46 pm

I play chess with a scunny fan and he said it would be called off three days ago!!! Thought he was taking piss.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 12:49 pm

Elias wrote:
I play chess with a scunny fan and he said it would be called off three days ago!!! Thought he was taking piss.

Does he use the Kings Indian defence or the Ruy Lopez?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 1:17 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Elias wrote:

Does he use the Kings Indian defence or the Ruy Lopez?

The Brent Apologist defence is pretty sturdy.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 1:18 pm

Looks pretty deliberate to me have they got a few injuries doe you suppose?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 1:22 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Scunthope should have had a seven am pitch inspection foreshore to save fans travelling, but its been raining in and off for days so this was alway the likely outcome.

This foreshore.

Not rocket science is it?

Not that Us v Them should ever be an Easter game anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 1:36 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Looks pretty deliberate to me have they got a few injuries doe you suppose?

Can we have the 3 points anyway then......
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 1:52 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

I thought Pasoti didn't allow libellous comments on its website?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 2:26 pm

At worst, Argyle will be one point (+GD) behind should the other three all win.

Bit of a gutter it has been called off.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 2:30 pm

Yea Man wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

I thought Pasoti didn't allow libellous comments on its website?

They dont but libellous comments are exempted when spoken by a Alien affraid
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 3:20 pm

Peterborough 2 up all ready FFS
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 3:58 pm

Argyle down to eigth - was on cards the Posh and Charlton would win today, interesting to see what Pompey do later.
Incredibly competitive for play offs - still makes it interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 4:31 pm

Bleddy 'ell that was a bonkers trip.

The weather was atrocious, especially after Nottingham when the snow kicked in( Not that kind Very Happy ).

We nearly got rammed by some twatty van driver , Everything went dark for a couple seconds, I couldn't see a thing, so I presume it was some kind of outer body experience or maybe just shitloads of slushy water .
Anyway we stopped at a services about 20 miles from Cunthorpe ,got a Kentucky and drove home.

A quality day of Motorway spotting was had by all.

p.s. We saw the weirdest looking Asian bird in the services.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 5:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Looked like her mate

laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 5:15 pm

I aint even bothering to talk about her arse [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 5:16 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

Looked like her mate

laugh

Bootiful!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 6:01 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Looked like her mate

laugh

Bootiful!
lovely..sure you didnt take one for the team Al laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 6:29 pm

Bloody ell Pompey leading Wigan one nil at HT, hopefully that changes.
Back to top Go down
GreenSnake

GreenSnake

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 7:21 pm

I Might be over-reacting due to the terrible results today (thank Christ we didn't play and lose), but-

For Argyle to stand any chance of getting into the Play-offs, we're going to have to win every game from now on... Laughing Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 7:31 pm

Apart from Bradley's demise and the self inflicted miserly Brent in January, Argyle have had the luck of old Nick since they were rooted at the bottom.
Good to see real competition, and can't remember such a situation in recent times with at least 3 big clubs in this division vying for play offs. Of the two small clubs, Scunthorpe are now favourites not to make it, almost certainly, along with Peterborough too in my mind. Argyle have cobbled together some good football up front, and there shouldn't be any reason for that to stop against the other 3 involved when we play them. I sense the HP crowd are up for it, so that will help big time. It's all in the head at this stage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr   Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scunthorpe United vs Plymouth Argyle on 02 Apr
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next