Fixtures Out

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Fixtures Out Empty
PostSubject: Fixtures Out   Fixtures Out EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:33 pm

How many games are people planning on going to next season then?

Me, I'll probably do about...3 or 4. Aldershot is the closest, with Swindon, Oxford the London games potentials.

And if I feel the club is worth bothering with, I'll plan my trips back to Plymouth to align with home games. So potentially up to about 8, 10 if it's a good year.

BEST FAN EVOR
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Fixtures Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures Out   Fixtures Out EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:10 pm

I'm in a constant turmoil over whether I can even class myself as a fan any longer. The name still exist but I'm not sure the club does, I've gone the best part of a season without attending a home match and I'm not sure I'll be attending a match next season whilst we remain in the state of existence in name only and continue down the path of development over football.

If forced I would have to say that as things stand I will not be attending Home Park next season so therefore away matches will only see my support. How many and what matches, who knows!

I will however be attending one home match next season, in the business lounge.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Fixtures Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures Out   Fixtures Out EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:18 pm

It will be 3 years this August, since my last appearance. Lost 2-0 in the Carling Cup at Luton. Seem to remember Puncheon being the only threat for us.......................but we soon got rid of him .

It truly has been depressing, seeing the demise coming and being told to 'enjoy the ride' by the dimwits.
I will never lose my addiction to the club but feel no desire to witness further humiliation.

Seem to remember it was the last straw on the farm when I wrote, "Run by idiots, for idiots"............. but how prophetic.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Fixtures Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures Out   Fixtures Out EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:31 pm

For the first time in over 50 years, I am not planning to go to ANY Argyle games at all. There will have to be a dramatic change in the ownership before I go again. Having said that I might drag myself out to the Torquay game.
Back to top Go down

Fixtures Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures Out   Fixtures Out EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:44 pm

I will always have the connection, but all of that is in the past now.
A newly formed club in non league ? .........I would be duty bound and delighted to support it regularly. I would even buy a cash up front season ticket to help matters.
L2 next season with Ridsdale the owner and wanting to bulldoze the park ? ........ not a chance in hell.
Back to top Go down

Fixtures Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures Out   Fixtures Out EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:38 pm

Away games - Barnet, Southend, Dag&Red, AFC Wimbledon and Bradford
Home games - probably Swindon in October and probably in the business lounge!

But I am struggling to justify the cost as quite simply it is not that enjoyable.
Back to top Go down

Fixtures Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures Out   Fixtures Out EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:47 pm

Edited to keep the post in the context of the topic.

Please ensure that you post within the context of the topic Homeparker. This is the second post you have made that I have needed to edit.

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 22)
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Fixtures Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures Out   Fixtures Out EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:41 pm

Four years ago I was a season ticket holder and missing a home match was unthinkable. More recently I'm increasingly having to force myself to go. Last season I only made (I think) 5 matches. Next season I will chose games VERY carefully but I don't envisage more than 3-4 matches at most.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Fixtures Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures Out   Fixtures Out EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:49 am

awayat burton oxford crewe macc rotherham and northampton are all within the hourish mark, but we'd have to be on fire-excuse the pun- for me to do those, i can no longer justify paying for shite. watched one game last season, notts, and wished i hadnt bothered even though its only five minutes walk from my house
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Tringreen

Tringreen

Fixtures Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures Out   Fixtures Out EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Aviva rules ! Right bird ?
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Fixtures Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures Out   Fixtures Out EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:06 pm

followed that link, i like ijn's banner 'cock of the week'!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Tringreen

Tringreen

Fixtures Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures Out   Fixtures Out EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Sneinton Green wrote:

That's an attempted dig at penzancepirate................... those bears are very basic and predictable. jocolor
Back to top Go down

Fixtures Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures Out   Fixtures Out EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:42 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Sneinton Green wrote:

That's an attempted dig at penzancepirate................... those bears are very basic and predictable. jocolor

Oh come on......just think of all those new grounds to visit! all those different pies to try out...you can even make a thread about the best one!! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Fixtures Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures Out   Fixtures Out EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:06 pm

I think most are in the same or at least a similar boat to one another here. I quite like an away day especially if it means catching up with someone in another town, ie Rovers is a possibility as my brother is based in Bristol, got a friend in Oxford and a couple in London sorta thing. But the thought of organising a trip somewhere with no affiliation to my life otherwise to watch Argyle play is a little bit sickly. I'm not going to lie, Shrewsbury away is the least appealing thing in, well, the universe. A few years ago I went to every home game and 13 away games. I had more disposable income at the time but it was also fun and appealing. I'm an Argyle fan but becoming ever more dormant. I was able to persuade a few non Argyle friends to come to Southampton last season. They've all said no to Aldershot. Shall I go on my own? Ha.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

Fixtures Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures Out   Fixtures Out Empty

Back to top Go down

Fixtures Out
Page 1 of 1