Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.

Go down 
+2
PatDunne
VillageGreen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. Empty
PostSubject: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 4:25 pm

A sudden stratospheric warming which happened weeks back is the cause of the Beast from the East and scientists are concerned about the nature of said event.

LINK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 5:37 pm

Old Trumpy has it under control. Doing his bit for Orwellian Newspeak, he issued an edict last year that no government employee should use the term "global warming" under threat of torture and a long painful death. His latest PC term, that is now to be used, is "extreme weather". Disobey at your peril, all you American state employees. You just have to laugh. Panto is back in fashion.
Break out the coal boys ! The good times are back.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 9:36 pm

Since the last sudden stratospheric warming was four years ago we might ponder as to why there has been three years without one.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 9:41 pm

I had a stratospheric warming after a curry once.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 9:59 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

I order a phall once. The end results were more cataclysmic than stratospheric - practically life changing.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 7:58 am

When you visit India/Aisa and Africa you realise how inconsequential any effort we try to make is in the UK to try and prevent global warming.
Disease is the only hope for the planet. In India population had doubled to 1bn in the last twenty years I give it another 10 to hit the two bn mark.
There is no mention of the strain of the earth's resources and general health of the planet and the effect of population density by any government at all
In fact our government is advocating population growth as we need more workers to look after an aging population.
The more that these Aisan and African countries grow the more they will move north and east in ever increasing hordes. They don't have the room for them now in their own countries. We need to wake up and fast.
And before any body tries to shoot me down with a pie chart I suggest they come and see for themselves I'd recommend Delhi as a good starting point.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 11:55 am

I recks we could do wiv a bit more yoof to come over here an tehk our jobs look after the elderly population - plus invest a wee bit more in the ol' green stuff to balance the country ait. Mildly concerned re: the old rising sea levels, plus of course the acidity and barrenness of soil levels, it's nuthin banning pesticides and sheep farming wouldn't sort ait within a coupla years.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 5:20 am

Green policies in the UK will achieve feck all. All our marvelous eu rules on clean air and clean water just mean we buy all our dirty shit from the third world.
All of us live in concrete houses yet can anybody tell me where their local cement factory is based?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 8:59 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Green policies in the UK will achieve feck all. All our marvelous eu rules on clean air and clean water just mean we buy all our dirty shit from the third world.
All of us live in concrete houses yet can anybody tell me where their local cement factory is based?

Its near Burslem according to Newell in his "He's not a property developer" rant that time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 9:23 am

Can't wait for the new UK PLC/Corp/Ltd to go running to the Great Protectionist across the pond, asking to be taken in as the 51st state. Just replace one master for another pirat
As we get nearer the day of actual reality, interesting piece today re the inevitable deregulation, post Brexit.
American Cornish pasties coming to a shop near you. Get your orders in Jim, they'll go down well at the theatre of schemes. Hallett's been eating them all his life apparently, and says he can get the club a good deal, cheaper than the going rate.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 4:36 pm

The sooner we start looking at our own problems and how to solve them instead of looking over anyone else's border the better. We need to be protectionist ourselves no need to be ashamed to do it at a personal and national level. In case you haven't noticed it all the rest of the world are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:32 pm

I think it rather hilarious that the very home and number one proponent of the "free market" is showing just how "free" things really are underneath the pompous rhetoric, when push comes to shove. Not only that, rather a cheeky view from the Trumpet, given the way his internet super brands have been coining it, not giving a damn about local taxation etc. Quite extraordinary. Globalisation, it's a pirate's life for me.... Seize the Day.
Protectionism and rigged markets will only end one way. We all know what happend last time. Inevitable given the way things are going. Groundhog day. Still, he hasn't got long to go, so he's having a ball, doing all the things he always wanted.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:54 pm

If history has taught us one thing it is that it hasn't taught us a damned thing.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2018 6:54 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Since the last sudden stratospheric warming was four years ago we might ponder as to why there has been three years without one.

What we saw last week was a major SSW event and they only happen every 2-3 years or so.

Major

These occur when the westerly winds at 60N and 10hPa (geopotential height) reverse, i.e. become easterly. A complete disruption of the polar vortex is observed and the vortex will either be split into daughter vortices, or displaced from its normal location over the pole.

According to the World Meteorological Organization's Commission for Atmospheric Sciences (Mclnturff, 1978): a stratospheric warming can be said to be major if at 10 mb or below the latitudinal mean temperature increases poleward from 60 degree latitude and an associated circulation reversal is observed (that is, the prevailing mean westerly winds poleward of 60 latitude are succeeded by mean easterlies in the same area).

Minor

Minor warmings are similar to major warmings however they are less dramatic, the westerly winds are slowed, however do not reverse. Therefore a breakdown of the vortex is never observed.

Mclnturff states: a stratospheric warming is called minor if a significant temperature increase is observed (that is, at least 25 degrees in a period of week or less) at any stratospheric level in any area of winter time hemisphere. The polar vortex is not broken down and the wind reversal from westerly to easterly is less extensive.

Final

The radiative cycle in the stratosphere means that during winter the mean flow is westerly and during summer it is easterly (westward). A final warming occurs on this transition, so that the polar vortex winds change direction for the warming, however do not change back until the following winter. This is because the stratosphere has entered the summer easterly phase. It is final because another warming cannot occur over the summer, so it is the final warming of the current winter.

Canadian

Canadian warmings occur in early winter in the stratosphere of the Northern Hemisphere, typically from mid November to early December. They have no counterpart in the southern hemisphere.

I looked into the aspects of a SSW, most interesting.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
When you visit India/Aisa and Africa you realise how inconsequential any effort we try to make is in the UK to try and prevent global warming.
Disease is the only hope for the planet. In India population had doubled to 1bn in the last twenty years I give it another 10 to hit the two bn mark.
There is no mention of the strain of the earth's resources and general health of the planet and the effect of population density by any government at all
In fact our government  is advocating population growth as we need more workers to look after an aging population.
The more that these Aisan and African countries grow the more they will move north and east in ever increasing hordes. They don't have the room for them now in their own countries. We need to wake up and fast.
And before any body tries to shoot me down with a pie chart I suggest they come and see for themselves I'd recommend Delhi as a good starting point.

My number one on the list of possible global catastrophes in my lifetime is a deadly virus. I am still sticking with that. Although my number two, nuclear war, could over take it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 6:05 am

I read a book recently about a Muj who synthesised a sort of super anthrax. Terrifying to think of. All you need is to infect a couple of previously good character martyrs and stick them on a few planes. More deady than the bomb. Obvs in the book the lone wolf agent called back from retirement saves the world.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 3:09 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I read a book recently about a Muj who synthesised a sort of super anthrax. Terrifying to think of. All you  need is to infect a couple of previously good character martyrs and stick them on a few planes. More deady than the bomb. Obvs in the book the lone wolf agent called back from retirement saves the world.

On the radio the other night there was chap saying that a flu pandemic is just around the corner. It has been 100 years since the last one, the flu virus and medication have both have moved on since then.

A man-made virus being unleashed on a large area is a terrifying thought. One or two groups could try that.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 5:13 am

My money is on Pasoti. Nook is sat there stroking the white cat on his lap now Brents mini me foreshore.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 7:39 pm

P.O.I wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

I order a phall once. The end results were more cataclysmic than stratospheric - practically life changing.

Ever tried a tindaloo ?

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 7:40 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
My money is on Pasoti. Nook is sat there stroking the white cat on his lap now Brents mini me foreshore.

lol!

I had a look to see if there were any flu pandemics during the 1800s. 1889-1890 saw over 1 million die from the virus. That is only 29 years difference, so we must be due another major outbreak anytime soon.

LINK ONE

LINK TWO
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 6:22 am

As always ATD first with the news. The Telegraph is reporting we are spending £50m on chemical attack defence centre and there is talk of immunising the army against Anthrax.
All this in the fallout from the latest Russian attack on British soil they are fookin nuts.
Much as I hate generalising re race Russians make Britain abroad look like a bunch of cuddly pups.
Greece and Cyprus has been taken over by Ruskie mafia a long time ago and they have already established a bridgehead in Goa. The local mafia are scared of them and these guys don't scare easy .
The Nigerian's are the only ones not fazed by them but then the police are even scared by those boys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.   Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sudden Stratospheric warming Caused The Beast From The East.
Page 1 of 1