RegGreen
sufferedsince 68
Tgwu
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town Empty
PostSubject: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 4:48 pm

Fleetwood Town are proud to announce that John Sheridan will be taking over as head coach until the end of the season at the club.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Journeymen United going nowhere.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Fleetwood Town are proud to announce that John Sheridan will be taking over as head coach until the end of the season at the club.

Good manager, saved Argo from the Brent/Fletcher nightmare that was heading for non league, also had no time for the self appointed superfans. good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Couldnt agree more suffers he certainly didnt suffer them fools gladly...thats why they started there nasty little campaign to get him sacked
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Very strange sort of record since he left Argyle, saved a few clubs from relegation but seemed completely unable to build on that, for whatever reasons. Did pretty well for us though, turned the club around from the Fletcher fiasco and at least got a bit of upward movement going.Good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 6:59 pm

I quite liked his dour personna, knows what he is doing and as said did'nt have much time for the superfan twats hanging around the club.
Will be interesting to see how he does with the
Cod army.
Good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 7:39 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Good manager, saved Argo from the Brent/Fletcher nightmare that was heading for non league, also had no time for the self appointed superfans. good luck to him.
This!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 10:23 pm

tigertony wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

This!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 11:18 pm

He'll keep them in the division with his no-frills football, I notice its only a contract until the end of the season. He does seem to have had a number of managerial appointments since he left us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 11:28 pm

He was certainly a vast improvement on Fletcher and gave the superfans the finger, so that's all a plus. But his record since is nothing more than some bored ageing footballer who needs to find something else to do. I think he is disillusioned and carrying the wrong vibes. Go back to college, retrain, hit the sun, anything.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 11:34 pm

Stopped us from being relegated, got us into the play offs and had no time for the Viva Aviva's.

Good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 11:51 pm

beesrus wrote:
He was certainly a vast improvement on Fletcher and gave the superfans the finger, so that's all a plus. But his record since is nothing more than some bored ageing footballer who needs to find something else to do. I think he is disillusioned and carrying the wrong vibes. Go back to college, retrain, hit the sun, anything.

Think we all remember the twitter account.... sarcasm
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 4:59 am

Bees needs to follow his own advice methinks.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 5:00 am

Bees needs to follow his own advice methinks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 8:38 am

Strange reading all the positive posts about Sheridan as when he was our manager he was being constantly vilified by many supporters, especially references to him not living down here, dour attitude etc etc, it was probably ok he didn’t connect with a few particular supporters but not the lot of us!
I thank him for managing us from relegation and achieving the play offs but that’s it, I think the lack of success he’s had since he’s left us just places him as a journeyman Manager.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 8:40 am

Graiser wrote:
Strange reading all the positive posts about Sheridan as when he was our manager he was being constantly vilified by many supporters, especially references to him not living down here, dour attitude etc etc, it was probably ok he didn’t connect with a few particular supporters but not the lot of us!
I thank him for managing us from relegation and achieving the play offs but that’s it, I think the lack of success he’s had since he’s left us just places him as a journeyman Manager.

I think you will find the negative references you speak of came primarily from the farmyard animals on PASOTI.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 8:43 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I think you will find the negative references you speak of came primarily from the farmyard animals on PASOTI.

Exactly!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 10:44 am

Never understood the hatred some had for Shezza as if it wasnt for him Argyle would have gone down that season he took over in thanks to the dogshit fletcher era that his fanboys inflicted us with.
He actually got us looking like a professional football club on the pitch just a shame we still to this day dont act like one off it but thats not his fault of course again the fanboys. The foundations that he left us with helped Del Bhey build his house apon and that is as good a thing any manager exiting club can do.

He deserves some recognition for his work i feel not the heat he gets because he thought like most of us think that pasoti and brents herald arent worth shit, its not as if he left us bottom of the table after 11 straight defeats is it.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 12:06 pm

Graiser wrote:

Seem to remember that there was a lot of resentment against him for just about always referring to the club as "Plymouth" rather than "Argyle", which to my mind spoke more about the petty mindedness of some rather than it being any great misdemeanour on Sheridans part, probably just the habit of a footballing life time. There was also a residue of feeling against him IMHO from his days as a player with Leeds and Oldham, especially the latter when a ruck he had with Friio ended up in a fair old fracas in the tunnel. He was dour and stubborn but then Derek isn't exactly a smile, a song and a joke sometimes and nor were people like Alf Ramsey, Ron Saunders or Pulis. Arguable about his record post Argyle lacking success-is extricating a club from almost certain relegation as big an achievement as getting a promotion? Interesting question.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 12:25 pm

If only Shezza, had offered up his match worn underpants to the Cornish Lovelength, for auction then his Lip Quivvering green status would have been assured.
Good professinal manager who saved the club from Carl Clueless, and the Bankers, relegation path.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 12:54 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Seem to remember that there was a lot of resentment against him for just about always referring  to the club as "Plymouth" rather than "Argyle", which to my mind spoke more about the petty mindedness of some rather than it being any great misdemeanour on Sheridans part, probably just the habit of a footballing life time. There was also a residue of feeling against him IMHO from his days as a player with Leeds and Oldham, especially the latter when a ruck he had with Friio ended up in a fair old fracas in the tunnel.

Too many excuses offered for a rank depressive. It is Argyle, and it is petty minded not to call the club by it's loved name. No one used to go around calling Arsenal, Woolwich or wherever it is they come from.

As for the dour stubborn thing, get a personality and do the job properly, part of which is to comunicate with fans. He's obviously one of many in the professional football world that really don't like fans in general. I've bumped into several in my time.
As for resentment, anyone would resent the superfans, but it's quite clear Sheridan resented being down here. Maybe the only job he could get at the time going by being jobless at the end of his stint, maybe not the rate of pay he wanted. Since then, he's just sodded off after 5 minutes if there's 10pence extra in the pay packet somewhere else, no regard for building anything whatsoever. Would be better suited working in some factory somewhere making windows. No wonder he and Friio had le ruck. Friio, like his compatriot, was a nice guy, Sheridan plainly has a tatty little streak somewhere. Some people do have them, and are best avoided. I think that just about covers my views Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mandela

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptySun Feb 25, 2018 12:29 am

I really miss his happy glow. Really brightened the place up, don't you think ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptySun Feb 25, 2018 12:38 am

mandela wrote:
I really miss his happy glow. Really brightened the place up, don't you think ?

yeah seeing as del bhey is a regular robin williams himself..

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptySun Feb 25, 2018 1:31 am

beesrus wrote:

Too many excuses offered for a rank depressive. It is Argyle, and it is petty minded not to call the club by it's loved name.

You might want to tell Paul Wotton that. He more often than not used to call us "Plymouth" when he was team captain.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town EmptySun Feb 25, 2018 4:08 pm

Sheridan was successful for us. He saved a doomed team from relegation and built into a play-off team. That is quite some turn around. We should be grateful to him for what he achieved here.

He never really connected with the the fans and, to be honest, made almost no attempt to and was an impossible character to warm to.

I think he just ran his race down here and when he left it was to the relief of all parties concerned but we were stronger at the point of his departure than we were on his arrival and I wish we could say that about all of our managers.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town   John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town Empty

Back to top Go down

John Sheridan to Fleetwood Town
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next