Richard Blight
Chemical Ali
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Nick

Nick

The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Chat in the chatbox with 'live text commentary' from Greenjock for them that's interested/can bare it.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:23 pm

Bang that drum.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:38 pm

Wave those flags harder and higher. Bang the drum louder.

2-nil

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Trying to cook and follow the match, Only1Argo

Having a torrid time at he mo.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:52 pm

Well, just got back and surprise, surprise, we're losing at home - against the mighty Southend.

Never mind, I expect we were unlucky, it was all the referee's fault, and Southend have probably been cheating.

Flag was very good, and that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:15 pm

What about the drum? Has the drummer had the drumsticks shoved up his arse yet?

Sorry Ian I can't be there as a real person I live 160 miles away and am at work. #naaaatapraaaaaaaaaaaperfaaaaaaaan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:01 pm

I can't believe we got a point out that game, we where so crap for 86 minutes and then to score 2 goals, what is going on ffs
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:02 pm

Well I never - 2 - 2. Good point in the end.

The comeback was down to the flag and those nice Forza chappies. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:25 pm

Fletcher is now even safer (if that's possible). The point does not disguise that fact that we are shite.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:20 pm

I was very surprised to find Chadders and Tsoumou starting up front today,it seemed to be two of a kind with no balance and certainly didn't look like working in the first half,although the new bloke showed the odd touch to suggest he could be useful.Shocking start,with Cole smashing an attempted clearance against the Sarfend bloke and seeing it rebound into the net.Sarfend always more dangerous,no surprise when they went 2 up.Second half was slightly better with a bit more pressure but it wasn't until the subs were brought on that anything looked likely-Lennox looks as though he could be a very good impact player.Chadders scored a beauty,then Lennox smacked one against the post,Macdonald pounced to earn an unlikely point.Two things which were obvious was that the two who started up front just didn't really work and Argyle's lack of pace and mobility in central midfield was disturbing.Maybe food for thought for the manager there.Good crowd in filthy conditions and very patient on the whole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeessssssssssss ! In yer face Freathy ya surrender monkey !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:26 pm

greengenes wrote:

Calm down gene - it was a draw. But a bloody good one, admittedly! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:33 pm

greengenes wrote:

You really don't get it
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:33 pm

We were poor for much of the game and Southend won 90% of the 50:50 challenges (although they are very good at the dark arts of diving, moving fk's/ throw ins forward and leaving the boot in). I thought the first goal was a poor back pass from Young (who was terrible today) which Bignot looked like he could clear,but dallied, leaving Cole with a hard clearance tomake (which unfortunately hit the player a couple of yards away). Southend were very direct and Dickinson and Moshni (in the Lee Hodges role) winning a lot of high balls. Tsoumou looked lively, but he and Chadwick look too similar (Chadders seemed to improve a lot when Tsoumou was substituted). As GS said our midfield was very slow (in the middle) and Walton had another off day. We improved after the double substitution brining on the lively dwarf combination of Lennox and Macdonald ('Big Mac').

Chadders equaliser was surprising as it looked like the keeper would make a simple catch but spilled it into the net. The equaliser came from a corner and Lennox cooly passed the ball (in the 18 yard box) to Macdonald to slot in froma couple of yards.

Didn't hear much of Salsa Verde and Southend won the battle of the drums (although I was in Block 14 so nearer to the Sarfend fans).

Good to meet a few REAL people at the Freak Meet before the game.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:41 pm

Not dismissing the collective nonsense going on in and around the club that I'm sure we all know about, but it was indeed a bloody good draw and I'm going for my first Saturday night out in... possibly forever but more like a year... a happier chap than I might have been.

Let's hope the players and management can be suitably inspired by the result - and the nature of the result - to put in a better performance next Saturday and bring 3 points home from the Macc Lads.

It's the hope that kills ya...

Edited to add: Hope the Freak Meeters had fun in the pub!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:45 pm

Freathy wrote:
greengenes wrote:

You really don't get it

I get it . Go and hide.behind the settee ya surrender monkey .
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:46 pm

Freak Meet was good, also good to meet Downy (who apparently was showing off his red pants on the train down!), Cerbs + Joe, Gob and the others. Don't think any pictures were taken for our Twitter fans Laughing
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:02 pm

Apologies 'cos I'm very, very drunk. Laughing

Unless I was even more inebriated that I can possibly remember, then there was no drum today.

Can anyone confirm?

Zero atmospheric creation from the Salsa Verde Massiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive! in the first half. Slightly better in the later part of the 2nd half.

All in all, a carbon copy of the Crawley match. We were f*cking shite all afternoon, and grabbed a point somehow at the death after threatening nothing.

Trific.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:07 pm

I wonder if any comment will be made on the anti-gypsy chanting coming from the salsa verde lot on several occasions.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:17 pm

I hope so it was on par to racism
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:41 pm

A few interesting responses so far on the thread over there. It could run and run.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:50 pm

I think argyle highlights are on SSN in next few minutes.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:53 pm

Freathy wrote:
greengenes wrote:

You really don't get it

Yes we are a poor side being led by a tactivly naive young manager but the fact is weve picked up 5 points at home against promotion contenders two of them being in the top three and a narrow 1-0 defeat against port vale which coiuld happen weather we were top or bottom, so not out of the mire by any means, this will go to the wire but we are improving, but you dont get that freathy. what was your prediction for Argyles last 4 games 0 points with probaby 16-20 goals conceded!. Unlucky
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:54 pm

Just saw goals- Bignot definitely at fault for first. Second was poor marking, from a corner, in the box. Chadders hit a decent shot (for our first) which the keeper tried to save one handed but deflected into net. Second goal was a pass by Lennox to Chadwick who chipped against the post,Macdonald hit in the rebound.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:02 pm

greengenes wrote:

Are you really 58 and a half What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Richard Blight Southend Match thread   The Richard Blight Southend Match thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Richard Blight Southend Match thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next