Freathy
Tgwu
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Todays game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 4:14 pm

Or maybe Songo'o.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 4:27 pm

Matthews booked too now.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 4:28 pm

Equaliser imminent
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 4:28 pm

We're going to be lucky to end up with 11 on the pitch here.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 4:55 pm

FT 1-2 Basketball
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 4:56 pm

Proper job
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 4:57 pm

Sounds like we were being completely outclassed towards the end of this relegation 6 pointer
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 5:02 pm

Never in doubt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 5:03 pm

sounds like we were riding our lucky after our 2 goals and invited oldham to come at us. happy we taken the 3 points.

If there is anything that irks me about del bhey is this fecking standing off tactic he deploys so early in games when we are ahead which allows teams to keep going at us and eventually most of the time they score/equalise or even go on to win the game. Its cost us points this season and last season and the season before that yet he keeps doing it.

Last edited by Angry on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 5:12 pm

Freathy wrote:
Sounds like we were being completely outclassed towards the end of this relegation 6 pointer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 5:17 pm

Good win, must admit thought the Akkies might lose it, Oldham must be more shite than I thought.
Well done Derek and the team. BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 5:21 pm

Angry wrote:
sounds like we were riding our lucky after our 2 goals and invited oldham to come at us. happy we taken the 3 points.

If there is anything that irks me about del bhey;s is this fecking standing off tactic he deploys so early in games which allows teams to keep going at us and eventually most of the time the score/equalise or even win the game. Its cost us points this season and last season and the season before that yet he keeps doing it.

But then you or I wouldn't be happy if Argyle were 2-0 down at HT at HP and didn't make a big effort to make up the deficit in the second half. Sometimes it doesn't come down to tactics-inevitably any team is going to find itself under pressure away from home and then it becomes a matter of last ditch defending, hit woodwork, miracle saves and all the rest of it, seen it time after time at HP over the years and doubtless will see it again. I don't disagree about some of the substitutions earlier in the season but looking at the line ups today Argyle didn't make a substitution until the 86th minute, so it doesn't really sound as if that played a factor-maybe more a case of a desperate opposition pushing to save their season and maybe their careers. Whatever, a very good win which frankly I didn't expect, well done to DA and the team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 5:39 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:

If there is anything that irks me about del bhey;s is this fecking standing off tactic he deploys so early in games which allows teams to keep going at us and eventually most of the time the score/equalise or even win the game. Its cost us points this season and last season and the season before that yet he keeps doing it.

But then you or I wouldn't be happy if Argyle were 2-0 down at HT at HP and didn't make a big effort to make up the deficit in the second half. Sometimes it doesn't come down to tactics-inevitably any team is going to find itself under pressure away from home and then it becomes a matter of last ditch defending, hit woodwork, miracle saves and all the rest of it, seen it time after time at HP over the years and doubtless will see it again. I don't disagree about some of the substitutions earlier in the season but looking at the line ups today Argyle didn't make a substitution until the 86th minute, so it doesn't really sound as if that played a factor-maybe more a case of a desperate opposition pushing to save their season and maybe their careers. Whatever, a very good win which frankly I didn't expect, well done to DA and the team.

But if you keep inviting teams to come at you like argyle do it more often than not come back to haunt you and it has done on countless occassions. This isnt just an away game tactic its used where you kind of expect to be facing a backlash his is the case at Home Park aswell.

If Argyle are winning the game 2-0 mid way through the second half then thats the time to say lets protect this lead even though we have feck all on the bench to bring on that would be the time to do it not 23rd minute of the first half.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 5:47 pm

There is no right or wrong approach, is there? Just good and bad results at the end of it.

Had we lured them on to us and hit them on the break to get a third and a fourth then we'd be hailing Adams's tactical genius.

That didn't happen but we still won the game so, today, the tactics are entirely justified.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 5:55 pm

Adams's post-match interview on Radio Devon (not exact quotes - I can't type that fast):

Quote :
"We could have gone 3 or 4 up in the first half and probably should have."

"The only reason they got back into the game was because we scored an own goal."

"Over the 90 minutes we deserved to win."

"We're a promoted team and have been competing well in this division. It is all about consolidating and moving forward."

"It's just about the next game v Blackburn now and they'll be looking at getting back into the CCC this season."

"Taylor was very good today and the midfield 3 gave us a good platform to go forward."
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 5:57 pm

Freathy completely outclassed.
only by 2%

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 6:04 pm

8 fouls and 5 yellow cards!!

Don't think the ref liked us much.

Considering it sounded like we were getting battered for much of the game conceding only 8 fouls is amazing.

Or have I read it the wrong way around?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 6:15 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:

But if you keep inviting teams to come at you like argyle do it more often than not come back to haunt you and it has done on countless occassions. This isnt just an away game tactic its used where you kind of expect to be facing a backlash his is the case at Home Park aswell.

If Argyle are winning the game 2-0 mid way through the second half then thats the time to say lets protect this lead even though we have feck all on the bench to bring on that would be the time to do it not 23rd minute of the first half.

What makes you say "if you invite teams to come on to you"? Why should teams need an invitation to attack if they're 2-0 down?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 11:36 pm

A win is a win and another three points to the grand total.

Eight teams in the bottom ten with games in hand and three that can jump above Argyle as it stands at the moment.

Looking bad for Bury, then it is take your pick for the next three who could go down.

If Argyle can stay focused and confident, then they should avoid being dragged into the relegation scrap for a second time ?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 11:54 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:

What makes you say "if you invite teams to come on to you"? Why should teams need an invitation to attack if they're 2-0 down?

lol! Because up until the last few weeks, that's what Adams has done ever since he's been here, and at Ross apparently, too. There may well be a rump at Home Park delighted that at last he's got the message.
And just because teams are desperate to attack you, it doesn't mean you have to let them, just put another couple past them.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 9:07 am

Another good result. 4th in the form table over 10 games. Those stats do not lie. Blackburn unbeaten in 17 - great incentive for Argyle right there.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 9:11 am

[quote="beesrus"]
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:

lol! Because up until the last few weeks, that's what Adams has done ever since he's been here, and at Ross apparently, too. There may well be a rump at Home Park delighted that at last he's got the message.
And just because teams are desperate to attack you, it doesn't mean you have to let them, just put another couple past them.[/quote

Hell yeah Beezy,you hit the nail on the head with that one.Sounds really good.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 11:06 am

Excellent 3 points. Did chuckle at the end though when the Radio Dem fella exclaimed that Argyle had been defending for their lives since the 25th minute.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 11:38 am

Cant of gone unnoticed at proper clubs what a fantastic job Adams, is doing at the Circus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 1:33 pm

Greenskin wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:

And just because teams are desperate to attack you, it doesn't mean you have to let them, just put another couple past them.

Hell yeah Beezy,you hit the nail on the head with that one.Sounds really good.

I think so. You clearly have a quite different miserly approach to the game than I. Physical sport is about best foot forward and confidence. If you want to shiver in yer boots behind the barricades at the mere sight of Oldham, then best take up snooker or book keeping.
Never saw the point of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, as seems to be the Scottish way. I blame the school teachers for such views. Wouldn't get that attitude at Eton. They teach you it's your right to win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todays game   Todays game - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Todays game
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next